M Driver
Latvia
Rep
Drives: G11 750d , M5 F90 , C650 SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagum4uK View Post
It's no difference if it's located in front or in armrest! Phone always hot…

I recently replaced this charger as have the same issue on my wife's car too. Have them in stock if you're interested
Is it worth seeing if the fuse is blown?I had the hot phone problem on my '17 with the charger in the center armrest but not in the '20 with front charger. the hote phone issues also disappeared when I upgraded my iphone. Now using a iphone 13 pro and it does not heat up. FWIW I have an aftermarket front tray charger in a '19 X3 that works but is very finicky about phone placement for charging.

Otherwise, I would agree with the post to just plug it in. My wife's MB has a tray charger but will not do Carplay wirelessly so we've been plugging in there -- its like the good ol days and it works.
I don't see reason in charger location (front or armrest). Problem is the same, phone is hot anyway in both places.

In my wife's G11 I already replaced that charger before in armrest. I'm driving with F90 (wireless charger is in front), problem the same - phone goes hot within 1hr in that qi charger place
Appreciate 0