BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-20-2024, 02:29 AM   #1
figobmw
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e | 2022 740Li

2022 740Li just purchased + moulding mod?

Hi, been to this g11 sub forum for a while. Finally pulled trigger on a 2022 740 long wheel base here in California US.

—— about the car ——
It has most of the features I care about (professional self driving, m sport, massage, heads-up and rear window shades for kids). It also has rear comfort seat (recline function) which seems rare for 740 especially during last model years. Total MSRP 103, xxx with 11k miles on it (dealer VIP service loaner) and bought it for now 50k dollars so basically half the price. 2.5 years factor warranty left. Tires / brakes life 85% left per 3rd party inspection.

—— about the m sport moulding and contrast ——

Car is obviously in great near new condition. Nothing to complain. Except the black exterior color really hides lots of details (have always own white cars before).

Have been thinking about either wrap (wrap trim not the car) or replace the lower body mouldings, from front bumper all the way to back corner trim. If you see below pictures you know what they are.

For OEM replacement option can either go chrome or cerium gray, the latter is a unique trim color to m760 actually. Chrome parts cost $600 ish while cerium gray will double it.

I think highlighting the moulding will give such black car a sharper look and also better safety for road visibility. I know it sounds like the opposite direction of de-chrome so am I a bit silly on this ?

Anyway some photos of my car followed by chrome and cerium gray cars. For chrome version looks like they are standard in Europe or Asian market? US m sport 7 series all get gloss back except m760.

Feedback or suggestions welcome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 06:45 AM   #2
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figobmw View Post
...I know it sounds like the opposite direction of de-chrome so am I a bit silly on this ?...

Absolutely not! It is a matter of preference and that is why they give you choices. When I was shopping for mine then one of my requirements was Pure Excellence package. I find that it adds contrast and detail to the car and makes it stand out. I do like Shadowline on some BMW models and color combinations, but with 7, I want that sharp, sophisticated look. All those chrome horizontal lines really work with this model.
Appreciate 0