BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #221
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
There's crystal clear video of him screaming "burn this bitch down!" to a crowd that was ready to blow and did actually burn buildings down. Seems like an pretty open and shut case to me.
It should be. Let's see if prosecutorial dicks shrivel at the prospect of being labeled even more racist in the public eye, or if a politician steps in because he wants to buy some ignorant votes.

This deadbeat needs to go down, and publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray View Post
I think cops are out of control, a message needs to be sent.
Out of control? A message needs to be sent? To whom exactly? How do you send a message to the very few shitty cops without involving the ones that have nothing to do with what you're upset about?

On a related note, it's hilarious (in a depressingly sad way) that so many people are so angry about being generalized and stereotyped, so how do they lash out? With generalizations and stereotypes. Hurr durr.

Quote:
He could EASILY have a heart attack from a taser as well and you would be right here saying "couldn't they just grab him without tasering him????". Nobody likes to see these videos but people have accept responsibility for the choices they make. There is no "easy" way to take in a perp who is 400lbs and does NOT want to be arrested.

That's a very irresponsible and inaccurate statement.
This.

If it's strictly forbidden to use a rear choke hold then the guy should face the consequences. If not, we can always play the "hindsight escalation of force in slow motion" game so many civilians are experts at. Some of the silly shit I read, it's like people think cops have 20 minutes to weigh these split second decisions in situations where they could be in grave danger and there are many unknowns. Then of course you have the academically educated who think they're too educated to possibly ever be ignorant of nor wrong about anything.... They're the worst.

Maybe he should have baked the perp some cookies. That would have definitely deescalated the situation. Maybe tell him some stories, read him a Dr Suess book, right?

Last edited by ragingclue; 12-03-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #222
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I think cops are out of control, a message needs to be sent.
Derp.
      12-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #223
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
He couldn't have tasered him. The cop was attacked and struggle for his firearm ensued. Cop used his pistol because if he went for his taser he would have been shot. That said the cop shot him several times because each time he kept coming instead of giving up. This is backed up by the physical evidence and black witness testimony. . He got what he deserved.
What are you talking about? This is the NYC incident. There was no shooting or struggling for firearms
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #224
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

You all seem to have your tongues up law enforcement's arse. Yes cops are out of control. They abuse their powers. It's getting worse everyday.

Get out of the sticks once in a while into an urban setting and maybe you will see for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #225
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
You all seem to have your tongues up law enforcement's arse. Yes cops are out of control. They abuse their powers. It's getting worse everyday.

Get out of the sticks once in a while into an urban setting and maybe you will see for yourself.
I lived in Hoboken, jersey city, Weehawken, and worked in Newark and Manhattan. While i was there the police chief of newark was beheaded by car thieves who didnt appreciate him locking them up. You're comment is that or a brain washed rube.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #226
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Completely serious question. What is your age?
      12-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #227
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

I suppose you think Charles Barkley has his tongue up law enforcements ass too then ?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/us/cha...html?hpt=hp_t2

""We as black people, we have a lot of crooks. We can't just wait until something like (the Brown shooting) happens. We have to look at ourselves in the mirror," he said of people in black communities. "There is a reason that they racially profile us in the way they do. Sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes it is right."
      12-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #228
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Derp some more, I'm from Philly.
      12-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #229
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

I've worked in NYC for 11 years and lived there for one. I also live in a city in CT. I have zero interaction with the police.

My buddy is a cop in a larger city in CT. The sheer amount of stories he has is unimaginable. The biggest eye-opener for him since becoming a cop is how shitty people really are. You deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis - all day, every day. It's an extremely difficult job and they don't make very much doing it. A couple of years ago he and his partner were busting a dealer who had shot at someone earlier in the day. The guy got scared and blindly shot through the door hitting his partner in the cheek. How do you think he feels getting up to go to work again the next day? I'm sorry but the perception that they all abuse their power and are out of control is infantile.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #230
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray
The shit could hit the fan in NYC if they let this cop off.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/02/indictm...ome-wednesday/

That's a case where I hope the cops get locked up.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #231
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

We have had protests at SAPD HQ in downtown since WAY before this Michael Brown shit for the same ridiculous reason the Ferguson, MO protests are happening. A lot of shitty people in shitty neighborhoods do stupid, idiotic, and (often) violent things so the Police do their job. Everyone gathers at SAPD HQ and protests "Police Brutality". It's fucking bullshit.

There was a white student at an expensive private college here (UIW) who was shot and killed during a legitimate traffic stop (DUI, he was .155 BAC) by a white campus police officer. Google it and you will see the similarities between the Michael Brown case and his. Bottom line: his drunk ass took the cop's baton and tried to beat him with it and ended up shot five times. Kid made extremely poor choices that night and got what he deserved. That was almost a year ago. You know how many violent protests there were? None. You know how many riots his parents incited at said non-existent violent protests? None. Do I think his parents deserve to win their lawsuit? Nope.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #232
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Just announced: No indictment in the Garner case.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #233
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post

Then you get an officer who happens to be white, and everyone goes ape (heh) shit. Look back at the Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman case and how well the media blew that shit up.
What does "heh" mean in this context?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #234
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

How cable news portrays this whole ordeal:

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #235
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
What does "heh" mean in this context?
Heh @ People going ape shit. Storming around destroying anything in their way with no real reason behind it.

Have you ever seen King Kong? That fucker really went ape shit. Although, I think he got shot off a building in the end and died anyways.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #236
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just announced: No indictment in the Garner case.
The cause of Garner's death was "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police," the medical examiner's office has said. The death was ruled a homicide.

Am I missing something here?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justic...ury-chokehold/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #237
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Heh @ People going ape shit. Storming around destroying anything in their way with no real reason behind it.

Have you ever seen King Kong? That fucker really went ape shit. Although, I think he got shot off a building in the end and died anyways.
Oh I got you. thx
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #238
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
The cause of Garner's death was "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police," the medical examiner's office has said. The death was ruled a homicide.

Am I missing something here?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justic...ury-chokehold/
Why do they keep saying in all articles that these fools were unarmed? What does it matter? Can you only get shot by police when you're armed these days? Maybe it's the latest buzzword...

Wife: "Hey, can you get the Christmas tree from the attic?"
Me: "No problem, I'll get it later on today unarmed".
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #239
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Why do they keep saying in all articles that these fools were unarmed? What does it matter? Can you only get shot by police when you're armed these days? Maybe it's the latest buzzword...

Wife: "Hey, can you get the Christmas tree from the attic?"
Me: "No problem, I'll get it later on today unarmed".
I think you missed the entire point of the post.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #240
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
What is the best way to arrest a giant man who does not want to be arrested? If you taser him he could easily have a heart attack or crack his head on the sidewalk (big trees fall hard). If you pepper spray him he could hyperventilate and possibly have a heart attack.

The police didn't walk right up to him and wrestle him to the ground. They tried talking with him for several minutes and he made it clear he wasn't going to let them arrest him.

This is the second instance of a situation that was not created by the officers, it was created by the man selling loosies (illegal), failing to comply with an officer (illegal), and resisting arrest (illegal).

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #241
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
That's a case where I hope the cops get locked up.
He wasn't.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/03/cop-cle...okehold-death/

Apologies for using the NY Post but they seem to be the first ones with the story.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #242
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Damn.
Appreciate 0