BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

04-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #25081
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
G'morning.
m'lady *tips hat*
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 07:15 AM   #25082
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
m'lady *tips hat*
Bruh you know what's hilarious, those Octopi in your details; they look like demonic jellyfish on regular computers/work computer because Windows doesn't read the emojis for some reason. I didn't realize what they were until I got on my Mac at home and noticed it. LOL.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #25083
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Also, I hate group assignments at school. I understand people have their own shit going on, but you decided to go back to school for a reason; many adults have absolutely abysmal time management skills.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #25084
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Also, I hate group assignments at school. I understand people have their own shit going on, but you decided to go back to school for a reason; many adults have absolutely abysmal time management skills.
It is that a large percentage of the world is content with doing half-ass work - i.e. Just enough to get by. Get used to it, but don't allow yourself to fall victim to that complacency. It is the overwhelming majority of people, sadly. Different people have different priorities, I suppose. I have just found, in general, that it is hard for people to let mediocrity seep into only one aspect of their lives. It tends to become pervasive, once let in.
      04-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #25085
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
It's an exercise in carrying dead weight.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #25086
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
It is that a large percentage of the world is content with doing half-ass work - i.e. Just enough to get by. Get used to it, but don't allow yourself to fall victim to that complacency. It is the overwhelming majority of people, sadly. Different people have different priorities, I suppose. I have just found, in general, that it is hard for people to let mediocrity seep into only one aspect of their lives. It tends to become pervasive, once let in.
I agree, dad. I've genuinely been a person that makes a grand effort to exceed expectations and set a standard for others to follow. Then again, following a standard would require the acknowledgment of one, and the willingness to match it.

I'll never stoop to the regularity that I come across, but it is frustrating to encounter nonetheless, especially when you are forced into it on the premise of a technicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
It's an exercise in carrying dead weight.
I know. Part of our assignment is actually a reflection on how cohesive the group was. I ripped them all a new asshole. That stuff genuinely grinds my gears. And I'm pretty good at driving a standard transmission.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #25087
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
When ever I have a group projects, I take lead and run it like a mob outfit.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #25088
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
When ever I have a group projects, I take lead and run it like a mob outfit.
Yeah. This environment is slightly different, since it's strictly online coursework. Besides, this is the only group assignment for the 5 week course, and I've already completed my part and thrown the rest of them under the bus (also perceived by the instructor, who was the only other participant in two of the sociology discussions designated for the groups).

I've never been one to chase down individuals to take care of obligations that they have already committed to. I stopped doing that after my project management days were over.

Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #25089
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
Yeah. This environment is slightly different, since it's strictly online coursework. Besides, this is the only group assignment for the 5 week course, and I've already completed my part and thrown the rest of them under the bus (also perceived by the instructor, who was the only other participant in two of the sociology discussions designated for the groups).

I've never been one to chase down individuals to take care of obligations that they have already committed to. I stopped doing that after my project management days were over.
Lol, gotcha. This reminds me of this one project I did in my senior year of high school. It was for a economics class. I originally joined this group of 5 people consisting of 3 dummies, and a seemingly intelligent, attractive girl. She always was talking about business school, and frequently pulled terms you'd hear in a corporate environment in conversations, so naturally she took lead. It immediately dawned on me that she had no idea what she was doing, so I met with my professor, whom Im on very good terms with, and went solo. She's was like "You broke our binding agreement to work together." I was like "What agreement, nothing was even signed or notarized." She kinda just stood there all hot and bothered.

Ended up doing the entire project rouge, and actually submitted it in early. I got a 98, her group got a something in the mid 70s. Never talked to that chick again.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #25090
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Lol, gotcha. This reminds me of this one project I did in my senior year of high school. It was for a economics class. I originally joined this group of 5 people consisting of 3 dummies, and a seemingly intelligent, attractive girl. She always was talking about business school, and frequently pulled terms you'd hear in a corporate environment in conversations, so naturally she took lead. It immediately dawned on me that she had no idea what she was doing, so I met with my professor, whom Im on very good terms with, and went solo. She's was like "You broke our binding agreement to work together." I was like "What agreement, nothing was even signed or notarized." She kinda just stood there all hot and bothered.

Ended up doing the entire project rouge, and actually submitted it in early. I got a 98, her group got a something in the mid 70s. Never talked to that chick again.
Nice!

I feel like that's how it's gotta be sometimes though. As soon as the concept of your own group becoming a liability comes to the fore, it is probably best to jump ship because those same people will be the ones to sink it. Gut feelings are extremely important, because 9 times out of 10, what you can observe and process about others will be right.

Seems like you also had an advantage, it's rather difficult to gauge intelligence and work study habits online, but I do know that we were all made aware of the assignment simultaneously, and a dedicated amount of time to staying abreast with the coursework should be designated, regardless of what kind of situation you have going on. If you know you can't participate or something, then advance notice must be given.

You'll look like a fucking tool, otherwise.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:05 AM   #25091
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Bruh you know what's hilarious, those Octopi in your details; they look like demonic jellyfish on regular computers/work computer because Windows doesn't read the emojis for some reason. I didn't realize what they were until I got on my Mac at home and noticed it. LOL.
Maybe it is a demonic jellyfish.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #25092
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Should have submitted your own and also pretended to be on their team so you could nail the hot chick. If I were your teacher, I would have failed you for not staying in the game.

(Oh wait... this is not the 1MOREMOD pro tips thread. Sorry.)
      04-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #25093
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Al Sobotka would be so mad at you right now.
      04-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #25094
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
I do know that we were all made aware of the assignment simultaneously, and a dedicated amount of time to staying abreast with the coursework should be designated, regardless of what kind of situation you have going on. If you know you can't participate or something, then advance notice must be given.
This. It boggles me that a lot of these people who say they want to "be in business" or actually just want to be successful cannot grasp the idea of being punctual and communicating. I didn't even go to business school and I still take that shit seriously.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #25095
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Damn. It's like one of those Sixth Sense things, isn't it.

It looks really creepy.

Quote:
Should have submitted your own and also pretended to be on their team so you could nail the hot chick. If I were your teacher, I would have failed you for not staying in the game.

I tried to stay on topic and glazed over that part of the story.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #25096
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Al Sobotka would be so mad at you right now.
Yeah well...., he can go jump off a bridge. With lots of rocks at the bottom. And rusty razor blades covered in Hep C and syphilis.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #25097
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:

Actually, one of the reasons I joined the group in the first place was to attempt to nail the chick. Ended up loosing all attractions towards her after the first couple of days.

Also, I already was dating this girl, that was a pretty well known fact. Considering I was in a Catholic school, I was already pushing my luck with my Hindu ass dating a Catholic girl.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #25098
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Jeep/18 1500/08 e90/15 f36

Garage List
Job interview today for a temp to perm position. Hope for the best.
Appreciate 7
      04-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #25099
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #25100
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Best of luck!

Appreciate 2
      04-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #25101
Quincy
Rep
n/a
Drives:

To whom it may concern.

Appreciate 3
      04-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #25102
Mywifes335
Major
United_States