BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #287
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

One thing I am surprised that this doesn't have is rear-axle steering. Unless I missed it in the press release I've seen no mention of it. I think its easily one of the best features of the new S-Class and has really made my experience much better with the car, especially considering how big these cars are it really helps overall maneuverability and agility.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 11:45 PM   #288
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
One thing I am surprised that this doesn't have is rear-axle steering. Unless I missed it in the press release I've seen no mention of it. I think its easily one of the best features of the new S-Class and has really made my experience much better with the car, especially considering how big these cars are it really helps overall maneuverability and agility.
Same for me on the X7 - got the DHP and it's great! I'm pretty sure the press release doesn't mention it because it'll be standard across the entire 7 line… I cannot imagine they make the vehicle longer and then remove DHP - the current gen 7 already has it.
      04-22-2022, 04:46 AM   #289
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Quote:
Same for me on the X7 - got the DHP and it's great! I'm pretty sure the press release doesn't mention it because it'll be standard across the entire 7 line… I cannot imagine they make the vehicle longer and then remove DHP - the current gen 7 already has it.
It is mentioned in the press release page 22

Integral Active Steering gives the 7 Series greater poise and makes maneuvering easier.
The new BMW 7 Series is fitted with a new version of the Electric Power Steering system. The steering ratio now varies with the steering angle, and the system includes Servotronic speed-sensitive power assistance. The various My Modes again offer a choice of two settings for either very sporty or more comfort-oriented steering response.
The Integral Active Steering (standard on 760i xDrive and i7 xDrive60, optional on 740i) makes even lighter work of maneuvering, increases agility at moderate speeds and enhances poise and assurance when changing lanes and cornering at high speeds. To this end, the rear wheels are turned in either the same or the opposite direction to the front wheels – depending on road speed – by up to 3.5°.
Steering the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front wheels at low speeds enables easy maneuvering by reducing the 7 Series' turning circle by about 2.5 ft.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25263.50
Tr4ckD4ys392.00
      04-22-2022, 06:50 AM   #290
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Who talks like that? "Uhhh I wear all this nice Italian cashmere from XYZ brand that you haven't even heard of..."... that just makes me think you have some inferiority complex or something going on. Why do you need that? Your opinions are just that, *opinions*. It's super subjective. Both in terms of you thinking Volvo & Jeep can compare to BMW as well as you thinking that knowing or not some Italian brand is the holy grail of status. All power to you for being who you are and enjoying it but you're comparing a car to paintings and you've got a bit far off track here.
I can't stand it either, and was going to also call out the person who said "most of you can't afford a 7 series". I think it's disgusting, but when someone insults me 1st I respond with facts. Reality is my tastes and opinions are not anything like what the trolls insulting me want to make me out to be.

I've been fortunate, but in no way does that make me better than anyone else. Good day!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 07:12 AM   #291
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
Quote:
Who talks like that? "Uhhh I wear all this nice Italian cashmere from XYZ brand that you haven't even heard of..."... that just makes me think you have some inferiority complex or something going on. Why do you need that? Your opinions are just that, *opinions*. It's super subjective. Both in terms of you thinking Volvo & Jeep can compare to BMW as well as you thinking that knowing or not some Italian brand is the holy grail of status. All power to you for being who you are and enjoying it but you're comparing a car to paintings and you've got a bit far off track here.
I can't stand it either, and was going to also call out the person who said "most of you can't afford a 7 series". I think it's disgusting, but when someone insults me 1st I respond with facts. Reality is my tastes and opinions are not anything like what the trolls insulting me want to make me out to be.

I've been fortunate, but in no way does that make me better than anyone else. Good day!
I doubt this forum is filled with people that are financially less fortunate.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2022, 09:50 AM   #292
Vivalamatt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540 and 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post

I was going to respond to your last response but decided not to. Not worth bickering with someone with a napoleon complex. You said I was triggered? Judging by your last response clearly you were and had to resort to name calling and belittling. And for the record, yes, I've heard of those Italian brands, cool story bro...you could afford them...most of us in the forum probably can but don't brag and boast about. We don't need that sense of entitlement. As you said...Good Day!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:42 AM   #293
m3number86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow m3

Wow
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #294
m3number86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E66er View Post
It was shocking at first. Day 2, I see it now...and I LOVE IT.

Great job BMW. This easily beats the Honda Civic...err..EQS and if the reviews are good, should give the S Class some good sales competition.
S class looks way better. Even the eqs looks better than this.

I looked at the side profile and thought nice…. But how does the front end up looking like that lol
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:56 AM   #295
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Here.... Fixed for them. Much more cohesive!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1381.50
      04-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #296
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Here.... Fixed for them. Much more cohesive!
That is most likely pretty much what the next gen will look like
      04-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #297
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

And what's with the blocky and ginormous rear end, moving the plate from the trunk lid into the lower bumper. That along with the skinny tail lights, gives a huge wasted space in the entire back end.

Appreciate 4
      04-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #298
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I think it's going to be colour sensitive but I like it, looks 4sq and "built" fills out its shirt so to speak but would have preferred the light bar at the rear to have stayed

Front end looks good in black, but at almost a foot longer than than my current 2021 G11 LCI 7 series it's moved away from me too big and too expensive for me now.
Attached Images

04-22-2022, 11:40 AM   #299
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3number86 View Post
S class looks way better. Even the eqs looks better than this.

I looked at the side profile and thought nice…. But how does the front end up looking like that lol
We'll just have to see what the sales numbers say.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2022, 11:48 AM   #300
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

Very poor exterior design in terms of esthetics. The appearance of the front is unacceptable (is that BMW) - very ugly, and the rear is ugly. I have been reading some of the replies and I was suprised to see 'so many' like it. BMW started ruining the appearance of their cars with large grills that looked out of place and non-harmonic, and now they are with the headlights. Again, very ugly.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #301
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

If the goal was to look as "NON BMW" as possible.
They have achieved that goal.

And those of us hopeful that the "M Sport Package" will help?
Nope.
There is absolutely nothing attractive about this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
stein_325i25263.50
Teutonic2733.50
      04-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #302
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
If the goal was to look as "NON BMW" as possible.
They have achieved that goal.

And those of us hopeful that the "M Sport Package" will help?
Nope.
There is absolutely nothing attractive about this.
Agreed, the front is unattractive, but especially so with the M-Sport package (and even worse in two-tone) which adds the gloss section between the grill and lower fascia. With shadowline, the grill looks even bigger in these pics as you can't tell where it ends, just looks like its being eaten alive by the black plastic (similar to the Audi E-Tron GT and RS3). While I do not mind the side profile (best angle) or the rear which while not bad, doesn't look very BMW, there is too much contrast with the simplistic side and rear to the overstyled front end, I couldn't look at this in the same way I look back at my S-Class, which is a shame, because other than the front, this could have been a home run.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 01:45 PM   #303
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Unhappy

This article may be of interest to many of us here as to what is driving BMWs new design language...

https://jalopnik.com/we-have-reached...eda-1848821592

Since when did the mighty and storied BMW brand begin to copy Chinese brand cars?

Now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Ilyam5923.50
AP3058.50
3RDSECTOR486.50
      04-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #304
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I hope those who don't like the design will stay away in droves so that those of us who are happy with it will get better deals due to a lack of demand. 8-)
My lease on my G12 is up in October. I'll likely buy it out assuming that market values continue to be higher than the residual, and then order a G70 (not i7; I'm not ready yet for all electric).
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #305
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
This article may be of interest to many of us here as to what is driving BMWs new design language...

Since when did the mighty and storied BMW brand begin to copy Chinese brand cars?

Now.
There’s a recorded conversation with the designer himself if you’re interested in hearing that

04-22-2022, 04:25 PM   #306
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

Now.
Well, the same site is saying "The New BMW 7 Series Looks Great, Actually"

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-bmw-7-s...lly-1848818843
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #307
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Interior is fantastic for a luxury cruiser. Exterior sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #308
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDSECTOR View Post
I got a few reputable Lasik eye surgeons I can recommend for you.
If you think the only way to not agree with your taste is to have bad vision, the amount of narcisism you have need some attention. Also, considering most of your posts in this forum, either under this thread or elsewhere are all toxic, and literal insults when anyone is positive, you're also in a very sad and troubled position. I know reputable therapists that I can recommend for you.
G20 ///M340i

i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 04-22-2022 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0