BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
RANT

First, I just want to say, it's not nice of you to pick on metal. it can be any music that some dbag can be blasting and not hear with two ear buds in. Even with one in the ear, if the music is loud enough you would have a hard time hearing the emergency vehicles.

Now on to the ticket. You broke the damn law deal with it!!!! Sure you can go in to court and bitch, which is why the tickets keep going up as that cost a lot of money hearing a bunch of whiners all day, and get a reduced fine I'm sure, but you did the crime now PAY FOR IT and stop complaining how much it is! It cost $207 to help pay for all the people going to court whining they have to pay anything for breaking the law!

You think your phone call is more important to some person dying??? It's easy not to see the lights flashing in the middle of the day to know exactly where they are. You need to be able to hear where its coming from ASAP so you can move over ASAP! Windows up, both ear buds on a phone call (or blasting music), sorry, you are not hearing them till they are right on your ass slowing them down, while some guys life is one the line and every second counts!!!

As I have been this situation and almost lost my life due to some asshat slowing down the ambulance! I am a little annoyed when people think their phone call or party they are trying to get to are worth a person life. Just think about it next time you are slowing down some emergency vehicle, what if that was me that needed that to get to me...

These laws are made for a purpose. While most idiots think they are just money makers, they are for real reasons. They see what happens, they have the numbers that show this caused this many accidents and or deaths, this caused so many people from dying due to the ambulance or any other emergency vehicle not getting to their destination on time etc, etc.

Tired of people complain how they broke the law and now they have to pay for it. Let me play my worlds smallest violin for you while you pay the fine that is RIGHTFULLY due!

/RANT
I wan't distracted. At that moment in time, the way I was using my headphones would not have prevented me from yielding to any emergency vehicle. As I mentioned before, as soon as the patrol car lit me up and blared the siren, I pulled over. I knew immediately.

However, if the CHP pulled me over and said, did you see that ambulance that just passed you? And I said, Ambulance? Only to look up and see that my phone call was so loud and I was so distracted by what my friend had to say that I missed a blaring ambulance with all its fancy lights on; then yes, fine me and everyone else that drives that way $412 at a minimum.

WATCH OUT PEOPLE! NEWSFLASH!! GUY IN 335I DRIVING THROUGH BERKELEY JUST BECAME A DISTRACTED DRIVER AS SOON AS THE SECOND EAR PIECE WAS PUT ON! EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS - HE HAS A SECOND EARPIECE IN! GREAT JOB CHP - GLAD TO SEE MY TAX DOLLARS ARE HARD AT WORK.

I kid, I kid!!!

I received a ticket for wearing an extra earpiece. We all know that makes all the difference when it comes to my ability to notice and expediently yield to an emergency vehicle....and that I was very distracted because the second earpiece exponentially alters the high level of concentration needed to navigate gridlock traffic because I can hear the caller clearer.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #24
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Cops in California don't have more important things to police? Do they outlaw deaf drivers as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #25
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
If you go to court to fight this and actually end up paying less than the ticket I will be flabbergasted. It's your word against his, that's it. There is no electronic equipment to doubt the accuracy of, nothing. Good luck.
I'm not going to court to deny having the second earpiece in my other ear. I am going to tell them that I was not distracted subsequently endangering the lives of the motorists.

I've gone to court 5 times in my 11 years of legal motoring. I've always pointed out the obvious and told the truth. It has worked in my favor 4 out of 5. I hope to make this 5 out of 6.

Specifically, I wish this CHP and other traffic officers could apply a more logical way of thinking. Some laws are passed for the better of the public and shouldn't really apply to everyone across the board, but are still enforced because a minority spoil it for everyone else.

EX: Most modern cars can easily handle freeway driving speeds of 75-85mph. It's the large group of drivers that poorly maintain cars and/or aren't mentally/physically able to control their cars at that speed that ruin it for everyone else.

Case in point: I can see why a single earpiece law enforcement is beneficial, those drivers that don't have working speakers instead could blast any music they please drowning out any outside noise.

The CHP should have seen that I wasn't distracted. I wasn't taking both hands off the steering wheel so I can jam on my air guitar in sync with the music. I honestly had both hands on the wheel looking forward, checking my mirrors, etc.. I didn't have a near miss rear ending the person in front of me, and there was no other emergency vehicle in sight nor blaring its sirens...

Instead, circles around me, slows subsequently holding up a lane of traffic, and moves behind me......waste of tax dollars. And I even voted to give them state funding! LOL!!! AHHH!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #26
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3er View Post
Cops in California don't have more important things to police? Do they outlaw deaf drivers as well?
Valid and interesting point! I am not sure on that one.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carogers86
Valid and interesting point! I am not sure on that one.
If they don't I call discrimination.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
cool.

that about sums it up......
I admire your thought process..truly.

If your car was tinted darker than your state allows, and it looks like it could be, your response leads me to believe you would suck it up and pay the fine. Great.

What if the fine was $1100? Would you try to fight it? What about $125?

What if the officer that pulled you over said, "Litos, I am giving you this ticket because your tints prevent you from seeing clearly enough through the majority of your windows, dangerously reducing your reaction time."

You might respond, "Officer, I've seen you on night patrol before. I was wearing my darkest pair of stunner shades during the dead of night and you looked right at me without pulling me over...why?"

There is no law for that..

MINDLESS I TELL YOU!!

hahahahahah
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Why would you waste your time fighting this? You clearly broke the law by having both of your earpiece on. You can try fighting this in court and hope that the officer doesn't show up. But if the officer shows up, you will have to pay the fine.

BTW, what do you expect a small fine to be in CA? A parking ticket cost $60 in SF, you really expect a citation to be under $100?
Actually incorrect on your fee for the parking ticket. A parking ticket is $35. I got one in the bay area recently before I came across country.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #30
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Actually incorrect on your fee for the parking ticket. A parking ticket is $35. I got one in the bay area recently before I came across country.
The officer must be ballin' outrageous if he thinks $207 is a small price to pay for a fine. Not saying it's the most expensive ticket in the state, but it ain't cheap.

Where did you get a $35 parking ticket???? That's dirt cheap. I got one in Sacramento, a city with a cost of living lower than SF, and it as $52.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #31
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carogers86 View Post
The officer must be ballin' outrageous if he thinks $207 is a small price to pay for a fine. Not saying it's the most expensive ticket in the state, but it ain't cheap.

Where did you get a $35 parking ticket???? That's dirt cheap. I got one in Sacramento, a city with a cost of living lower than SF, and it as $52.
I hear you. I got one in SF, East Bay I think. It is cheap. Here in Maine its $100 ticket.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #32
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
What if the officer that pulled you over said, "Litos, I am giving you this ticket because your tints prevent you from seeing clearly enough through the majority of your windows, dangerously reducing your reaction time."

You might respond, "Officer, I've seen you on night patrol before. I was wearing my darkest pair of stunner shades during the dead of night and you looked right at me without pulling me over...why?"

There is no law for that..

MINDLESS I TELL YOU!!

hahahahahah
I'm going to respond for Litos. You have misinterpreted the law.

The tint law is not to protect you. It's to protect the cops from you. Dark tint jeopardizes their safety.

Re: the ticket cost. So $150 is payable but $200 is enough justify changing your schedule to go to court? I'm tempted to mail you the $50 so you'll just own up and pay.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
I admire your thought process..truly.

If your car was tinted darker than your state allows
good thing it's not.

or else i'd be forced to start a thread admitting that I broke the law but still cry about it after I get ticketed for it...

your thread is like you walking down the sidewalk, seeing a fresh pile of dog shit, intentionally stepping in it, and then getting mad at someone else because you stepped in it...

cool logic, ya'll.....
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #34
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
good thing it's not.

or else i'd be forced to start a thread admitting that I broke the law but still cry about it after I get ticketed for it...

your thread is like you walking down the sidewalk, seeing a fresh pile of dog shit, intentionally stepping in it, and then getting mad at someone else because you stepped in it...

cool logic, ya'll.....
No answer to the questions I specifically asked you?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #35
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
I'm going to respond for Litos. You have misinterpreted the law.

The tint law is not to protect you. It's to protect the cops from you. Dark tint jeopardizes their safety.

Re: the ticket cost. So $150 is payable but $200 is enough justify changing your schedule to go to court? I'm tempted to mail you the $50 so you'll just own up and pay.

I posed a question in a hypothetical situation. I understand that is not the intent of the tint laws in various states.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #36
hailpersia
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailpersia View Post
Dude, just go to court. I don't mean fight it but just appear in court. most of the time they lower the fee. I had a $530 red light camera violation get reduced to $170. Not sure how much lower they will reduce it to at $207, though. but at least you'll get to see absolute retards and the stupid shit they say in court and that'll make you feel much better.
The only problem is, do you want the OP to miss a day of work to drive from Sacramento to Oakland for court? That is about a 1.5 hour drive not including the crazy traffic during rush hour. So a potential 4 hour+ roundtrip drive + a taking a day off to save $200. Is that really worth it?

of course not, it doesn't make much sense in this case; unless he was 5 minutes away from court. that was the case with me, court was on my way to work and saved 360 for an hour of sitting and people watching.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #37
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I never understood why people wear headphones in the car, can someone clear this up for me?

I see it all the time, but music comes out of my speakers just fine and Bluetooth links my phone when I get in...., are you guys listening to adult novels on your ipads?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #38
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

You knowingly and willingly broke the law... Pay up!!!! don't be an entitled douche and think you are above the law and deserve some kind of exception cause you are you... Pay it and move on. it is only $200
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #39
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
I've gone to court 5 times in my 11 years of legal motoring. I've always pointed out the obvious and told the truth. It has worked in my favor 4 out of 5. I hope to make this 5 out of 6.

Specifically, I wish this CHP and other traffic officers could apply a more logical way of thinking.
Sounds like you are a regular..
and like arguing over the law
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #40
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14
You knowingly and willingly broke the law... Pay up!!!! don't be an entitled douche and think you are above the law and deserve some kind of exception cause you are you... Pay it and move on. it is only $200
Karma is a bitch. With his luck his court date will be during the Bart strike. And he will be carjacked or have his car vandalized or stolen in oaktown.
      08-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
this guy gets it......

the OP's first post is pretty much what's wrong with america today.....

bitches be like, i know i'm breaking the law.....
bitches be like, why did i get in trouble for breaking the law.......

bitches, ya'll.......
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #42
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

He should have just joined the debate team in HS..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #43
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I'm not going to court to deny having the second earpiece in my other ear. I am going to tell them that I was not distracted subsequently endangering the lives of the motorists.

Specifically, I wish this CHP and other traffic officers could apply a more logical way of thinking. Some laws are passed for the better of the public and shouldn't really apply to everyone across the board, but are still enforced because a minority spoil it for everyone else.

EX: Most modern cars can easily handle freeway driving speeds of 75-85mph. It's the large group of drivers that poorly maintain cars and/or aren't mentally/physically able to control their cars at that speed that ruin it for everyone else.

Case in point: I can see why a single earpiece law enforcement is beneficial, those drivers that don't have working speakers instead could blast any music they please drowning out any outside noise.

The CHP should have seen that I wasn't distracted. I wasn't taking both hands off the steering wheel so I can jam on my air guitar in sync with the music. I honestly had both hands on the wheel looking forward, checking my mirrors, etc.. I didn't have a near miss rear ending the person in front of me, and there was no other emergency vehicle in sight nor blaring its sirens...

Instead, circles around me, slows subsequently holding up a lane of traffic, and moves behind me......waste of tax dollars. And I even voted to give them state funding! LOL!!! AHHH!
What kind of court did you go to? I have been to various county courts for a non-correctable tint ticket and witnessed people explaining their side of their story and no judge were ever that lenient. My guess is 5 out of 11 times the police did not show up to court, that is why you won. If the CHP does show up, there is almost no way you will win.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #44
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3er View Post
Yes, deaf drivers can get a license in all states. However there is some buts to get it.
Appreciate 0