BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #23
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

The interior is very nice indeed but you won't see any of it in a car actually on the dealership floor... The same case with C class cars... The press releases were beautiful and a C400 I sat in at a car show was also absolutely beautiful. However these were all fully optioned with full leather + many other packages that come required when you want to have what you see in the press released. The problem is dealerships don't carry those cars... I ve been to large Mercedes dealerships and non of their C classes had full leather.

Same with E class, most will come with MB Tex and many places will be plastic just like the 5 series. If you want what you see in the press release, you ll need Designo nappa leather, luxury seating package, premium 2, etc, basically adding 10k to the base car for looking-good options that will get you absolutely 0 on resale.

Those giant monitors appear to be options as well (either both or at least the one in the middle). Basically I don't expect to see a E class that look like the press release actually on a dealership floor. If you want one, will need to order one and it ll be really expensive and will depreciate like a rock.

Best thing would be to find such a 2nd hand car after a couple years, now that would be a gem.

PS, I think an analogue would be the 6GC we saw in press releases when it originally came out, with those orange/brown and ivory beautiful merino leather interior that looked obviously 1 or 2 classes above what you actually see in 6GCs... Have you actually seen a car in those color? I have not and I go to BMW dealerships often (3 BMWs in the past 3 years + all the servicing involved, visiting probably 5 different dealerships like many times in the shopping process, and all large dealerships). Why? because you ll have to special order, and it will cost a whole lot more than most 6GCs.

Last edited by zer0cool; 12-10-2015 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #24
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

The interior is great, as with all new MB's, but their copy/paste on everything design is getting old really quick. And I for one was never too fond of it to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #25
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
The interior is great, as with all new MB's, but their copy/paste on everything design is getting old really quick. And I for one was never too fond of it to begin with.
Sort of agree. The same can be said about audi but I lean towards their look over merc. If I didn't have to like the look of a car merc is a no brainer.
Different strokes for different folks.

Gt-s perfect example. Supposedly raging good but I think...well, that's enough.
      12-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #26
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Was next to an S63 this morning. Total snooze fest. Just thought it was a C300 4Matic until I heard it. Hate the three lengths of sausage approach.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #27
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Was next to an S63 this morning. Total snooze fest. Just thought it was a C300 4Matic until I heard it. Hate the three lengths of sausage approach.
They're freight trains I could drive comfortably in to Alaska but just don't do it for me looks wise. S8 in the executive lineup for me. Boring looking too but it fits my eyes at least.
      12-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #28
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I think it looks pretty sharp but I actually hate the display. Would be so much better if they integrated a more traditional gauge pod for driver and kept a big wide screen to the right of that.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #29
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yeah, they're currently doing the whole 'same design; different sizes' thing to a degree BMW and Audi was never guilty of.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #30
M83
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i - Apline White

Did a GM designer come out of retirement? (or the casket)
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #31
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Wow. Highly impressive. It looks S-class level, if not better.

The all black looks ace.

oddly enough i was building a c63 amg not too long ago and this looks very similar to the current interior offered.
      12-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #32
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Looks like an old mans car interior to me. There's no sportiness. Prefer the s6 series interior anyday
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #33
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I will gladly rock this car when I start collecting retirement...

then again maybe not
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:57 AM   #34
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Thanks to the Merc and Tesla ugly as hell dash boards the new BMW dashboards do not look as bad after all, i.e. the new 7 series more likely to be on next 5 series.
I find the Merc and Tesla design is pure representation of laziness in creativity by sticking coupe or one massive IPad on, and pretty cheap, The Tesla & Volvo’s new dash consist of big iPad and no switches what a cheap way of getting a dashboard on.
Appreciate 0