BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

01-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #44683
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
You know what's funny, I have an old ass breaker bar that my dad gave me. I literally use that thing all the time. It's so handy. I bring it to every track day with me. I love that damn thing. Haha

To be honest, old tools aren't bad tools. My dad has a Craftsman set of wrenches, ratchets, sockets, etc that he bought before I was born. The quality is so much better than my new Craftsman tools. 9 times out of 10, I reach for his tools and just leave mine in my track day to go bag.
I agree, that breaker bar has probably the most use out of any other tool i have. (insert penis joke here; add in a microscope if you're Biorin )

No doubt old tools are better quality. Maybe not as convenient, light weight, etc... but as far as them working longer, most certainly. My grandfather has a craftsman drill that is in an all bare metal housing. Must be stainless, maybe thick aluminum as there is no rust on it. Heavier than 2 of my Dewalt drills combined. The cord has cloth insulation covering the wires. But that thing is so powerful, so smooth and is still up for heavy duty work. Crazy!
      01-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #44684
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I agree, that breaker bar has probably the most use out of any other tool i have. (insert penis joke here; add in a microscope if you're Biorin )

No doubt old tools are better quality. Maybe not as convenient, light weight, etc... but as far as them working longer, most certainly. My grandfather has a craftsman drill that is in an all bare metal housing. Must be stainless, maybe thick aluminum as there is no rust on it. Heavier than 2 of my Dewalt drills combined. The cord has cloth insulation covering the wires. But that thing is so powerful, so smooth and is still up for heavy duty work. Crazy!
I inherited a bunch of old tools from an uncle who passed years ago, one of which is a Craftsman 3/8" ratchet with the pre-WWII era logo on it that still works just fine.

Also have a few air tools from that same uncle who worked at the DeVilbiss factory and happened to "acquire" a few from his job.
Appreciate 3
      01-03-2017, 12:17 PM   #44685
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I inherited a bunch of old tools from an uncle who passed years ago, one of which is a Craftsman 3/8" ratchet with the pre-WWII era logo on it that still works just fine.

Also have a few air tools from that same uncle who worked at the DeVilbiss factory and happened to "acquire" a few from his job.
That's pretty cool!

Except for the grand theft part. lol
      01-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #44686
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Any man that which does not have tools, shall not be associated with the word man.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #44687
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
So a penguin is driving his car in the desert. All of sudden his car breaks down. Luckily, he's pretty close to gas station. So he waddles behind his car and pushes it to the gas station. He asks the mechanic to take a look and find the problem. Mechanic tells him to come back in 30 minutes. So the penguin is getting hot being in the desert and all, and decides to find something to cool him off. He goes in the convenience store and buys some vanilla ice cream. He eats the ice cream and makes a big mess on his face. Finally he goes back to the mechanic to find out the problem. Mechanic says," Looks like you blew a seal." To which the penguin replies, "No, no. It's just a little ice cream."
:::
Appreciate 1
Aatish3471.00
      01-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #44688
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
So a penguin is driving his car in the desert. All of sudden his car breaks down. Luckily, he's pretty close to gas station. So he waddles behind his car and pushes it to the gas station. He asks the mechanic to take a look and find the problem. Mechanic tells him to come back in 30 minutes. So the penguin is getting hot being in the desert and all, and decides to find something to cool him off. He goes in the convenience store and buys some vanilla ice cream. He eats the ice cream and makes a big mess on his face. Finally he goes back to the mechanic to find out the problem. Mechanic says," Looks like you blew a seal." To which the penguin replies, "No, no. It's just a little ice cream."
Mobutu spoke to his people and said..Our country is in deep trouble .We are on the edge of the abyss !
The next day he spoke again to his people and said...Walk forward people !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #44689
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've told this joke at lest 5 times today.

Thanks!
smoosh2209.50
Aatish3471.00
      01-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #44690
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

Penguins can drive cars???? How do they learn to do that? There aren't many cars in Antarctica. Pretty sure somebody would notice a penguin driving school. I'll bet they get good at drifting though.
Appreciate 1
Aatish3471.00
      01-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #44691
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Haha
Appreciate 1
Aatish3471.00
      01-04-2017, 12:08 AM   #44692
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Oh. My. God(s).
Attached Images

I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 4
smoosh2209.50
Biorin2784.50
      01-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #44693
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

@InternetFame
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2017, 02:01 AM   #44694
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
It's purpose varies.
Dont start my head cinema, I dont want more details 'bout the varies

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #44695
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Good Lord I can't stand gym-going New Years resolutioners...it represents the absolute WORST of Western civilization. Let your weight get out of control then wait for a specific date to gain the motivation to lose what you put on the last 6 weeks...the end result? You either remain completely the same health wise, i.e., haven't progressed, but typically have degressed...

And these tools walk into the gym at 6:15 am yawning uncontrollably, and throw on 250# for squats...I see them crack a smile thinking, "heh, I still got it," but the only thing they get is a reaggravated lower back condition...puddle forming in between their legs from spinal disk fluid...

Consistency, self-motivation, and persistence are qualities most Westerners lack...and it's truly despairing to recognize just how many Westerners are simply sheep in a herd...

Example: Just scope around Instagram fitness pages...

"2 weeks into my New Years resolution and I'm sitting here eating doughnuts and ice cream...LOL, oh well."

There is nothing "LOL" about an individual who lacks the drive to keep at an activity for more than two weeks...

Year after year after year...nothing has changed. And these are the individuals who never even APPROACH their genetic potential for growth; physically, psychologically, and emotionally...

End rant.
Appreciate 3
      01-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #44696
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
BACON!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #44697
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
BACON!!
...., BACON!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #44698
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #44699
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The secret !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #44700
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Wanna hear something funny?

STL Approach instructed an AA plane on a long final to maintain maximum forward speed, the American pilot replied with a quick "balls to the wall, roger".
Then Approach instructed a Delta 737 to do the same , the female captain gets on the radio and says ,
" i can't do balls to the wall, Delta is #2... Wide open".

The radio went silent.

Last edited by The Choosey begger; 01-04-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 5
RJ_1204.00
Aatish3471.00
Mr Tonka6057.00
wrickem2137.50
      01-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #44701
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Good Lord I can't stand gym-going New Years resolutioners...it represents the absolute WORST of Western civilization. Let your weight get out of control then wait for a specific date to gain the motivation to lose what you put on the last 6 weeks...the end result? You either remain completely the same health wise, i.e., haven't progressed, but typically have degressed...

And these tools walk into the gym at 6:15 am yawning uncontrollably, and throw on 250# for squats...I see them crack a smile thinking, "heh, I still got it," but the only thing they get is a reaggravated lower back condition...puddle forming in between their legs from spinal disk fluid...

Consistency, self-motivation, and persistence are qualities most Westerners lack...and it's truly despairing to recognize just how many Westerners are simply sheep in a herd...

Example: Just scope around Instagram fitness pages...

"2 weeks into my New Years resolution and I'm sitting here eating doughnuts and ice cream...LOL, oh well."

There is nothing "LOL" about an individual who lacks the drive to keep at an activity for more than two weeks...

Year after year after year...nothing has changed. And these are the individuals who never even APPROACH their genetic potential for growth; physically, psychologically, and emotionally...

End rant.
Don't fool yourself into thinking this human condition is limited to westerners.
smoosh2209.50
Biorin2784.50
      01-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #44702
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I second that. Y'all know that gyms have surely the utmost stampede for new memberships right after new year? This is maybe caused by coupons or gifted memberships to xmas, on the other hand maybe caused by the confessions made for the new upcoming year.
Bollox! As long as the belt into my bimmer is fitting my belly w/o extension, Im ok with me

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #44703
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      01-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #44704
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

damn...
Closed Thread