BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

02-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #46531
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat View Post
Sara504 Tornado in New Orleans. Everything Gucci?
I'm sure Sara can stand tornado's

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #46532
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

May 24/25 * President Trump * comes to visit me !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #46533
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
I've heard it drives like a 4-door 458, but without the DCT. Hopefully that's the case.

A lot of reviewers criticized the interior build of the car. Can't say I agree with them. The one I checked out felt solid, inside and out. Electronics are my only worry, but it doesn't seem to have as many fancy toys as BMW, Audi, or Benz. But, what it has seems to be adequate. Infotainment was easy to use and had everything one needs.

Hopefully I can get a test drive in next week or so.
Performance Ive seen a few accreditations to a Ferrari platform, which is absolutely awesome. However, its an Alpha, electrical has always been an issue, so id expect to hear some huge elec issues soon after some hit the road mainstream.

I might be old fashioned but I dont care for a lot of the nicknacks. Yeah you can give me nav and a radio, but anything beyond takes away from what a car could be if that extra money was dumped into performance, which Alpha seems to have tried to do, but the platform of gadgets has never done well.

It will be interesting to see how it holds up as time goes on, but if I were spending that kind of money Id be hard oressed to say I wouldnt give one a chance. It hits every nail, its just a matter of the nails it completely misses.
So funny you should mention that... Two separate reviews had multiple vehicles have electrical issues / throwing error codes / limp mode... Alfa has always been notorious for shit electronics and phantom issues... Par for the course...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #46534
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
So funny you should mention that... Two separate reviews had multiple vehicles have electrical issues / throwing error codes / limp mode... Alfa has always been notorious for shit electronics and phantom issues... Par for the course...
I really hope theyre able to squeeze through those issues because it really is a beautiful and well performing car, but small issues from launch turn into huge disasters down the road. Would be nice to see some Alphas on the road, but still very leery about consistency.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #46535
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I really hope theyre able to squeeze through those issues because it really is a beautiful and well performing car, but small issues from launch turn into huge disasters down the road. Would be nice to see some Alphas on the road, but still very leery about consistency.
It's a nice breath of fresh air and plenty of people are excited for this car, including myself... I'm just still irritated that they scrapped the manual for the US market...
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      02-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #46536
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
It's a nice breathe of fresh air and plenty of people are excited for this car, including myself... I'm just still irritated that they scrapped the manual for the US market...
Unfortunately, lack of a manual gearbox is a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #46537
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

At least it's a nice transmission.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #46538
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Goat yoga

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #46539
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
At least it's a nice transmission.
It's not though... Not even DCT... Some of the reviews weren't that fond of the manual gearbox but to each their own...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #46540
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Read an article in Car and Driver on the plane about it, was favored more than an M3, AMG, and ATS-V. Only quirk noted was trying to auto start and it threw a code so it drove in limp mode until they cleared the codes. Tried it again and same thing happened when went to get in and start it.

Overall though, performance def overtook the latters. Sharp ride.
I only skimmed that article when I got home last night, but the M3 review was kind of stupid. "We really like this car, but I think it has a loud exhaust and is stiff, so it's terrible." Nearly as bad as the last time they reviewed the F80, where they thought it was the worst car but gave it best place because it had a lot of cargo room. I love C&D, but sometimes...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #46541
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I'm with a guy right now who has a 2015 4c and he said he hasn't been back to the dealer for anything other than an oil change.

These days, companies seem to change faster than stigmas do.

Edit: After pressing him further, he said the rear hatch needs to be closed firmly. Otherwise a second attempt is needed.
Quote:
Car club I'm a member of had their 4C go into limp mode for no reason, brand new. Not every vehicle will be faulty, but unreliable brands tend to have earned those reputations.
Appreciate 1
Axius4199.00
      02-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #46542
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Quote:
I'm with a guy right now who has a 2015 4c and he said he hasn't been back to the dealer for anything other than an oil change.

Edit: After pressing him further, he said the rear hatch needs to be closed firmly. Otherwise a second attempt is needed.
Quote:
Car club I'm a member of had their 4C go into limp mode for no reason, brand new. Not every vehicle will be faulty, but unreliable brands tend to have earned those reputations.
It's not that there was no reason that it went into limp mode... It's an Alfa... On par with Fiat and Range Rover reliability... I hope they hit a home run, forcing the Germans (and Americans) to up their game but I'm skeptical...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #46543
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Your car club owns a 4c? Is the use of it allocated evenly amongst all members?

Not every opinion is biased, but haters tend earn a reputation for hating.

02-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #46544
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Your car club owns a 4c? Is the use of it allocated evenly amongst all members?

Not every opinion is biased, but haters tend earn a reputation for hating.

Not evenly allocated. You purchase points, and each car costs a set number of points for a certain "rental" period.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      02-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #46545
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not evenly allocated. You purchase points, and each car costs a set number of points for a certain "rental" period.
Top tip, don't go for the 4c. Unless you like "limp mode" that is.
      02-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #46546
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
It's not that there was no reason that it went into limp mode... It's an Alfa... On par with Fiat and Range Rover reliability... I hope they hit a home run, forcing the Germans (and Americans) to up their game but I'm skeptical...
If it's on par with my Range Rover experience, I'll take it.
      02-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #46547
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
If it's on par with my Range Rover experience, I'll take it.
This experience? Or are you still droning on about "limp mode"?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #46548
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This experience? Or are you still droning on about "limp mode"?

I'm not well versed in droning on about things i don't have any experience with. Unlike others who shall remain nameless. ...Shoei And i must apologize, i don't have a graph showing how my Land Rover experiences have resulted in less problems than my BMW experiences.

Why don't you drive a Buick, Cadillac or Lincoln? If "reliability' plays such a large role in your purchasing decision?

Don't get me wrong, i know the stigma. I just don't care enough about them to let them dictate my purchasing decisions. Everyone and all the pretty charts told me that Land Rovers were crap. Both Land Rovers i've owned were and have been fantastic vehicles to own. When the do go in for service, it's much more enjoyable than taking the M3s in. Hell, back when i used to frequent the general M3 forums, a limp mode thread popped up seemingly every week, yet i'd never experiences limp mode. If i recall correctly, there was so many negative threads about BMW quality/reliability, i even started a thread prompting people to chime in about how they weren't having any problems.

I've had plenty of M3s, i know what I'm missing. I'm looking for something different, more exciting, less clinical yet equally as practical. The Alfa dealer is about 5 miles from my house and we have 3 vehicles. I'm prepared for the odd inconveniences and the loss of cash due to depreciation. Though being that my company will buy/lease it, i have options available that some may not be able to take advantage of.

Honesty, I figured i'd have sold the RR by now and been back into an M4/3. But i'm so utterly satisfied with owning the RR at this point, i don't mind just keeping it. Which may happen, just depends on the tax situation and whether or not we need to buy stuff.

Edit: This is as good a place and time to reaffirm the tastiness of Marshmallow Fruit Loops.
      02-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #46549
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
:

there's this Instagram chick who claims drinking cum with her veggie smoothie every morning helps with skin care and other shit...so she has some dude deliver her fresh cum every morning and she pays him...

while cum does contain proteins that may help with skin, there's hundreds of other foods/supplements that provide same, if not better results...

people are fucking stupid :
But BRO!!! CUM IS FREE FOR US!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 06:40 AM   #46550
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Heh. There's going to be a snow storm.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907415.00