BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

03-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #47697
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
It really depends. Living IN Chicago is similar to Detroit, there are nice sections and the not so nice sections, mix of people with and without money. Declining population is due to expanding suburbs, more people are willing to make a commute TO the city for work than before. We almost moved to Crystal Lake, which is about a half hour or so outside of Chicago, and it was actually a very beautiful city. When I stayed in Chicago with my buddy at his brothers place, it was pretty cool and we never had any issues. Went out at night to the bars, walked around, met cool people, so overall the environment is fun.

Political however, is a completely different story. It doesn't take many people to ruin any city's financial well being by making stupid decisions, that inherently, causes people to move outside the city. Nice thing about Detroit is it's actually giving incentives for businesses to come back, streets are becoming more flooded with people again, and in general seems to be turning around for the better. Again though, only downtown, the surrounding areas will always be shit because of history.
Culturally it is definitely a great place, I've always had a good time in Chicago too. Detroit is coming around too, only took them an entire generation! Maybe I need to take my money/career hat off; I'm all angsty because a bunch of people at work are getting shown the door today.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #47698
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Culturally it is definitely a great place, I've always had a good time in Chicago too. Detroit is coming around too, only took them an entire generation! Maybe I need to take my money/career hat off; I'm all angsty because a bunch of people at work are getting shown the door today.
Why today, anything in particular? Chicago would be a cool place to live, but could never live directly in the city..., or any city for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #47699
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
What's it like to live in Chicago? Would anyone here say it's worth it?

As an outsider looking in, it seems like a sinking ship in some ways not unlike Detroit decades ago. Rampant crime, government corruption, declining population, rapidly rising taxes, and runaway unfunded pension liabilities. It feels like a disaster waiting to happen unless they abruptly change course for the city.

Am i blowing this out of proportion?
Been to Chi-town a metric fuck ton of times... Never so much as saw an errant bullet... Its crowded, noisy, windy, much traffic - it's NYC jr... except the pizza and that blasphemy they call deep dish... Good food to be had, night life, Batman was filmed there so looks like Gotham City...

Nice parts, and really nice parts and then the not so nice parts... Gold Coast and Lake Shore East is some primo real estate... I mean, some of the wealthiest cities in the Midwest are in Illinois... Is crime high currently ? Yes, but it's not Syria or even Juarez...
Appreciate 3
Axius4199.00
Aatish3471.00
RJ_1204.00
      03-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #47700
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It really depends. Living IN Chicago is similar to Detroit, there are nice sections and the not so nice sections, mix of people with and without money. Declining population is due to expanding suburbs, more people are willing to make a commute TO the city for work than before. We almost moved to Crystal Lake, which is about a half hour or so outside of Chicago, and it was actually a very beautiful city. When I stayed in Chicago with my buddy at his brothers place, it was pretty cool and we never had any issues. Went out at night to the bars, walked around, met cool people, so overall the environment is fun.

Political however, is a completely different story. It doesn't take many people to ruin any city's financial well being by making stupid decisions, that inherently, causes people to move outside the city. Nice thing about Detroit is it's actually giving incentives for businesses to come back, streets are becoming more flooded with people again, and in general seems to be turning around for the better. Again though, only downtown, the surrounding areas will always be shit because of history.
Man, sorry to hear about the drama at work... But why Chicago? It's NOT cheap to live there... I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not SF / NYC but it's still expensive as fuck and probably a good idea to have a job lined up type of thing... SF is bananas... I think now it's if you can make it in SF and I mean SF proper, then you can make it anywhere lol...
Appreciate 1
RJ_1204.00
      03-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #47701
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
I'm in mourning - my future pool boy already moved
Fixed.

I'm still going to come down and visit. Ashville was on my list, so I'll be out that way at some point in time. Can't stay up here too long, car was covered in snow this morning, would have shot someone but I was the only one awake at that hour.
So much mourning that he didn't even realize you left... No wonder he moved on, fucker...
Appreciate 1
Axius4199.00
      03-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #47702
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
I have a beard but have to shave pesky neck/cheek scruff consistently.
I just hit it with a trimmer every few days. If I need it to be really clean, I'll just go get it lined up at the barber.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #47703
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
So much mourning that he didn't even realize you left... No wonder he moved on, fucker...
Even AFTER I asked him if he wanted to hang out over the weekend because I was leaving.

The joys of being a side piece I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I just hit it with a trimmer every few days. If I need it to be really clean, I'll just go get it lined up at the barber.
I've been trimming beard short with Wahl #3 lately, had it somewhat grown out before but nothing crazy. When it's short like this it's annoying because it velcros to the soft cotton lining in jackets and hoodies.

Look at you all fancy going to a barber.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #47704
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Even AFTER I asked him if he wanted to hang out over the weekend because I was leaving.

The joys of being a side piece I suppose.

Quote:
I've been trimming beard short with Wahl #3 lately, had it somewhat grown out before but nothing crazy. When it's short like this it's annoying because it velcros to the soft cotton lining in jackets and hoodies.

@ASBSECU E93 really?!! REALLY?!!!

Damn... Just when you think you know somebody... If you make your way out to LA, I will make time for you, unlike some geriatric mofos that we may know...

Although, at the rate he "abandons" his allegedly beloved animals, this shouldn't come as a complete shock to you...

Besides, he's too busy playing catch up with his underpowered vehicles now at this point...
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #47705
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
@ASBSECU E93 really?!! REALLY?!!!

Damn... Just when you think you know somebody... If you make your way out to LA, I will make time for you, unlike some geriatric mofos that we may know...

Although, at the rate he "abandons" his allegedly beloved animals, this shouldn't come as a complete shock to you...

Besides, he's too busy playing catch up with his underpowered vehicles now at this point...
Red headed step child type relationship. It could be the dementia/alzheimers.

I think I was the last of his "final solution". First it was the animals. Then it was me. I'm an animal. Nobody loves me.

I'm definitely going to make a trip to CA one day, want to visit my old high school buddy also while I'm out there. Maybe that C5driver guy also.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #47706
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
What's it like to live in Chicago? Would anyone here say it's worth it?

As an outsider looking in, it seems like a sinking ship in some ways not unlike Detroit decades ago. Rampant crime, government corruption, declining population, rapidly rising taxes, and runaway unfunded pension liabilities. It feels like a disaster waiting to happen unless they abruptly change course for the city.

Am i blowing this out of proportion?
Living in Chicago is nice, though the way Chicago is shown by the media is not nice.

Crime happens, and lots of people get killed on a daily basis...but none of that actually happens in what people know as Chicago. Most, if not all of that shit happens in small, concentrated areas well outside of city, but technically still considered a part of Chicagoland.

Downtown areas, suburbs, and city limits are like any other city in America.

Taxes are high, yes, but not as high as other nice cities.

Government is corrupt, yes, but it always has been corrupt. The Dailey's ran Chicago like a mob, and it was great. Crime was low, city got shit done, and no one really complained. Corruption was definitely present, but things were going well.

Problem with today's Chicago is the old school politicians don't want to interact with the new school guys. New school guys want things to be all good and right and shit. Differences in agenda are what lead to turbulence.

Other than that, house prices are reasonable. Cost of living is not outrageous. Lots of industry is moving into the area. It's one of the few cities that has a decent network of roads in the downtown metro. Deep dish sucks, but true Chicagoians ain't about that anyway.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
RJ_1204.00
      03-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #47707
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

I think I was the last of his "final solution". First it was the animals. Then it was me. I'm an animal. Nobody loves me.

I'm definitely going to make a trip to CA one day, want to visit my old high school buddy also while I'm out there. Maybe that C5driver guy also.
C5driver is a spoiled brat chick !
She's a poser in a red Cayman GT4 with a dog as passenger , and she don't care about us anymore..
I heard she said we are Bimmerpost assholes !
Anyway if you meet her , she has greetings from Ambiorix.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #47708
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:

She's a poser in a red Cayman GT4 with a dog as passenger , and she don't care about us anymore..
Think you meant - "she said belgie was a Bimmerpost asshole..." I mean, in theory, you are the one who ran her off with your obsession... Crying Game style...
Appreciate 1
Axius4199.00
      03-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #47709
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:

Haha that's the worse part of growing it out. Sticks to everything!

Back in college, I used to go to the barber every week. Had to look good because I was going out basically Wednesday through Saturday. Now that I'm old and boring, I only go to the barber once every two weeks. Sometimes once every three weeks if I'm feeling lazy.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #47710
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

She's pretty hot I met her once
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #47711
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Back in college, I used to go to the barber every week. Had to look good because I was going out basically Wednesday through Saturday. Now that I'm old and boring, I only go to the barber once every two weeks. Sometimes once every three weeks if I'm feeling lazy.
Or you can be less of a bitch and do it yourself daily
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #47712
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Or you can be less of a bitch and do it yourself daily
Coming from the guy that no longer has a beard. I think we know who the real bitch is here.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #47713
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Think you meant - "she said belgie was a Bimmerpost asshole..." I mean, in theory, you are the one who ran her off with your obsession... Crying Game style...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #47714
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You were the one that scared her off, I'm not going to mention your name. Although, she has asked if you were still alive once or twice.

Quote:

For real, it's fucking annoying. Face velcro, vagina tickler.

Shit I've never even been to a barber, too fancy. Plus, don't leave the safety of home, too many scary people out there that want to rape me.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #47715
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
2 out of 2 saying M power Belgium scared a woman away??
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #47716
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Haven't had haircut in 10 plus years either, ain't no reason to pay someone to do something so simple
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #47717
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Haven't had haircut in 10 plus years either, ain't no reason to pay someone to do something so simple
Depends, if you're just buzzing your head then yeah, but there's no way I could cut my own hair. Plus it's only like $15/mo.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #47718
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Nope not buzzing my head. Every picture you ever saw of me I cut my hair ain't a big deal.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread