BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-20-2023, 05:11 PM   #5369
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmM2 View Post
I just stopped in to see if this thread was finally dead...I was wrong.
When governments stop forcing me to buy one of these things and making me pay for other peoples automotive electric fantasies then I will stop posting.

Edmunds bought a Chevy Blazer EV. It isn't going well
I worked there when the original Tesla Model S passed through the longterm garage — it had by far the most problems of any longterm car to that point. Subsequent Teslas as well as the Air were rife with problems, too.
Our Chevy Blazer EV has 23 problems after only 2 months, but the headline does a pretty bang-up job of summarizing the unfortunate situation. In short, the car erupted with error messages during a drive from Los Angeles to San Diego. When they took it to a dealer, they received "the single longest list of major faults we at Edmunds have ever seen on a new car." Edmunds includes the entirety of its list in its post along with a full rundown of what happened.
Edmunds also currently owns a BMW iX, which has been trouble-free, as well as a Rivian that has had no major problems.

All of our Blazer EV's faults
Short Range Radar Rear Sensor – Middle
Body Control Module (Lost Communication with Rear Side Door Window Switch – Left)
Body Control Module (Lost Communication with Rear Side Door Window Switch – Right)
Drive Motor Control Module
Drive Motor Control Module (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Drive Motor Control Module 2 (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Radio (Head-up Display, General Electrical Malfunction)
Battery Energy Control Module (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Side Obstacle Detection Control Module – Right
Radio (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Body Control Module (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Driver Seat Adjuster Memory Module
Side Obstacle Detection Control Module – Left
Radio
Body Control Module
Brake System Control Module (Lost Communication with Radio on CAN Bus 5)
Battery Energy Control Module (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Battery Energy Control Module (Air Conditioning – Refrigerant Charge Low)
Drive Motor Control Module (Hybrid/Electric Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested Malfunction Indicator Lamp Illumination
Radio (Ethernet Bus 2)
Body Control Module (Inside Air Temperature Sensor Signal)
Body Control Module (Windshield Rain Sensor)
Battery Energy Control Module (Lost Communication with Lighting Control Module)
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/202...rm-faults.html
Appreciate 5
KRS_SN14258.50
M5Rick66610.50
MmmmmM22645.00
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-20-2023, 05:14 PM   #5370
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
When governments stop forcing me to buy one of these things and making me pay for other peoples automotive electric fantasies then I will stop posting.

Edmunds bought a Chevy Blazer EV. It isn't going well
I worked there when the original Tesla Model S passed through the longterm garage — it had by far the most problems of any longterm car to that point. Subsequent Teslas as well as the Air were rife with problems, too.
Our Chevy Blazer EV has 23 problems after only 2 months, but the headline does a pretty bang-up job of summarizing the unfortunate situation. In short, the car erupted with error messages during a drive from Los Angeles to San Diego. When they took it to a dealer, they received "the single longest list of major faults we at Edmunds have ever seen on a new car." Edmunds includes the entirety of its list in its post along with a full rundown of what happened.
Edmunds also currently owns a BMW iX, which has been trouble-free, as well as a Rivian that has had no major problems.

All of our Blazer EV's faults
Short Range Radar Rear Sensor – Middle
Body Control Module (Lost Communication with Rear Side Door Window Switch – Left)
Body Control Module (Lost Communication with Rear Side Door Window Switch – Right)
Drive Motor Control Module
Drive Motor Control Module (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Drive Motor Control Module 2 (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Radio (Head-up Display, General Electrical Malfunction)
Battery Energy Control Module (Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2)
Side Obstacle Detection Control Module – Right
Radio (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Body Control Module (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Driver Seat Adjuster Memory Module
Side Obstacle Detection Control Module – Left
Radio
Body Control Module
Brake System Control Module (Lost Communication with Radio on CAN Bus 5)
Battery Energy Control Module (Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module)
Battery Energy Control Module (Air Conditioning – Refrigerant Charge Low)
Drive Motor Control Module (Hybrid/Electric Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested Malfunction Indicator Lamp Illumination
Radio (Ethernet Bus 2)
Body Control Module (Inside Air Temperature Sensor Signal)
Body Control Module (Windshield Rain Sensor)
Battery Energy Control Module (Lost Communication with Lighting Control Module)
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/202...rm-faults.html
So wait a Chevy Blazer is a piece of shit? Who knew...
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1958.50
Condorll264.50
      12-20-2023, 05:29 PM   #5371
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
So wait a Chevy Blazer is a piece of shit? Who knew...
But the BMW iX has been trouble-free. Not that I would be caught dead in one but at least it not a POS.
https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/ix/

Why do EV companies put such be pretentious fake grills on EV's?

Its a EV there is no radiator
Appreciate 4
KRS_SN14258.50
M5Rick66610.50
      12-20-2023, 05:47 PM   #5372
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I agree. If the government wasn't forcing EVs down everyone's throats, they may be able to sell them.

Then, slowly get the charging infrastructure up, figure out a way to make batteries that don't hurt the environment

THEN, you can talk to me about EVs.
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1958.50
Cos270608.50
      12-20-2023, 05:57 PM   #5373
Socal_R8
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:

why are you still posting on here?

nothing in your ultimatum is a reality.....come back in 2035 and piss and moan all you want, if that day actually ever gets here.

Last edited by Socal_R8; 12-20-2023 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 06:07 PM   #5374
eugenebmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: G15 M850i G82 M4, G22 M440

Quote:
But the BMW iX has been trouble-free. Not that I would be caught dead in one but at least it not a POS.

This is the worse beaver tooth I saw in my life and serve with no function at all. It is not like the G8x, the huge beaver tooth are there for cooling and they are necessary to be that huge. The cars are designed to push and drive very hard. Don't get me wrong, I love my G82. I think those big beaver tooth look so cool
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN14258.50
M5Rick66610.50
      12-20-2023, 06:15 PM   #5375
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
nothing in your ultimatum is a reality.....come back in 2035 and piss and moan all you want, if that day actually ever gets here.
You are living in a alternative reality if you can't understand what is going on here. If you fail to push back, you fail to make a difference.
You can have your EV, I could care less but the folks are figuring it out so plan on being disappointed.

50% OF EV OWNERS ARE SWITCHING BACK TO ICE VEHICLES, EXCLUDING TESLA
December 16, 2023
a recent study by S&P Global Mobility shows that once Tesla’s industry-leading loyalty numbers are removed from the data, nearly half of those non-Tesla EV households that have purchased a new EV still end up purchasing an internal combustion vehicle the next time they need to buy a car.
If there’s anything to take from this, it’s that American buyers don’t necessarily want electric vehicles
Excluding Tesla, brand EV households’ fuel type loyalty rate is 52.1% this year through July. That’s staying loyal to electric vehicles, regardless of which brand they purchase next. That means nearly 50% of households that have purchased an EV opt to buy an internal combustion engine vehicle next. However, this could be a replacement for a different household vehicle and not a replacement for an EV.
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...cluding-tesla/
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66610.50
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-20-2023, 06:23 PM   #5376
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
General Motors said nearly half its Buick dealers took buyouts this year rather than invest in selling and servicing electric vehicles as the automaker's brands transitions to all electric by 2030.
December 20, 2023
Late last year, Buick said it would be asking dealers to commit a minimum investment of $300,000 to $400,000 to prepare their stores to sell and service EVs.
In 2020, Cadillac offered a similar buyout program for its dealers. Nationally, 170-180 of Cadillac's 870 dealers, or about 20%, took the buyouts that ranged from $300,000 to $700,000 and gave up their franchise rather than make the investment for tools, training, equipment and charging stations to sell and service EVs, a person who's familiar with Cadillac's plan told the Free Press in December 2020.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...79ecdff7d&ei=9

Mary Barra needs to polish up that resume.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66610.50
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-20-2023, 06:31 PM   #5377
Socal_R8
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
You are living in a alternative reality if you can't understand what is going on here. If you fail to push back, you fail to make a difference.
You can have your EV, I could care less but the folks are figuring it out so plan on being disappointed.

50% OF EV OWNERS ARE SWITCHING BACK TO ICE VEHICLES, EXCLUDING TESLA
December 16, 2023
a recent study by S&P Global Mobility shows that once Tesla’s industry-leading loyalty numbers are removed from the data, nearly half of those non-Tesla EV households that have purchased a new EV still end up purchasing an internal combustion vehicle the next time they need to buy a car.
If there’s anything to take from this, it’s that American buyers don’t necessarily want electric vehicles
Excluding Tesla, brand EV households’ fuel type loyalty rate is 52.1% this year through July. That’s staying loyal to electric vehicles, regardless of which brand they purchase next. That means nearly 50% of households that have purchased an EV opt to buy an internal combustion engine vehicle next. However, this could be a replacement for a different household vehicle and not a replacement for an EV.
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...cluding-tesla/
talk about alternate reality...lol

you literally said the boogie man is forcing you to buy an EV and making you pay for everyone else to get one.

btw, more proof that Tesla is killing the competition ....they have to exclude Tesla in this study tells you everything

memo to anyone wanting an EV- buy a Tesla until at least these other companies get their shit together
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 06:43 PM   #5378
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
talk about alternate reality...lol
Canada to require all new cars to be zero-emission by 2035
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ref=biztoc.com

New Jersey Car Makers Ordered to Have Only Zero-Emission Models by 2035
https://www.rigzone.com/news/new_jer...74815-article/

State statute says Connecticut must follow California’s ban on gas-powered cars
https://yankeeinstitute.org/2020/09/...-powered-cars/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams
Appreciate 5
KRS_SN14258.50
TboneS541149.00
M5Rick66610.50
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-20-2023, 07:27 PM   #5379
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^
You may be called a threat to democracy and stuff soon.

*Sudsy hemispheres*
      12-20-2023, 08:10 PM   #5380
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
More Green grift popping up in my news feeds.

19 Dec 2023
CNBC reports that Trevor Milton, the founder of Nikola, an electric and hydrogen-powered truck manufacturer, was recently sentenced to four years in prison after being found guilty of defrauding investors. This sentence comes after Milton was convicted in October 2022 on two counts of wire fraud and one count of securities fraud.
During the trial, prosecutors described Milton as a “con man,” who lied to investors, claiming Nikola was close to producing long-haul trucks that could run emission-free on cheap hydrogen.

Because you knew this!
Nikola receives $2M government grant weeks after founder criminally charged
The company on Thursday said it has been awarded a $2 million grant by the Department of Energy — just weeks after Nikola founder Trevor Milton was criminally charged by for lying to investors about “nearly all aspects of the business.”
The company has previously received a $1.7 million grant from the Energy Department. The most recent funding will be used for “research into autonomous refueling technologies for future hydrogen fueling station,” the company said.
https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/nikola...nally-charged/

I really hate what is happening to my country over this green fraud. The lives of millions will be damaged for generations.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66610.50
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-20-2023, 09:13 PM   #5381
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
More Green grift popping up in my news feeds.

19 Dec 2023
CNBC reports that Trevor Milton, the founder of Nikola, an electric and hydrogen-powered truck manufacturer, was recently sentenced to four years in prison after being found guilty of defrauding investors. This sentence comes after Milton was convicted in October 2022 on two counts of wire fraud and one count of securities fraud.
During the trial, prosecutors described Milton as a “con man,” who lied to investors, claiming Nikola was close to producing long-haul trucks that could run emission-free on cheap hydrogen.

Because you knew this!
Nikola receives $2M government grant weeks after founder criminally charged
The company on Thursday said it has been awarded a $2 million grant by the Department of Energy — just weeks after Nikola founder Trevor Milton was criminally charged by for lying to investors about “nearly all aspects of the business.”
The company has previously received a $1.7 million grant from the Energy Department. The most recent funding will be used for “research into autonomous refueling technologies for future hydrogen fueling station,” the company said.
https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/nikola...nally-charged/

I really hate what is happening to my country over this green fraud. The lives of millions will be damaged for generations.
There has never been a time in human history to be alive. This will all get worked out. Life is good.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 11:39 PM   #5382
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

.gov could firetruck up an anvil
      12-21-2023, 03:42 AM   #5383
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
There has never been a time in human history to be alive. This will all get worked out. Life is good.
Will it? The future is heading towards crippling taxes for the coming generations and eventual melt down because of the mistaken belief that EV's alone will save the planet.
Appreciate 6
kyriian938.50
eugenebmw1958.50
Cos270608.50
      12-21-2023, 05:12 AM   #5384
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [9.25]
IX  [8.67]
Quote:

I have one. I love it. Interior fit finish quality and sound deadening and the suspension and external paint finish etc are top notch. Test drive one at your own peril I did and got trapped.
Now the hard facts...it gives me half the number of miles as my ICE car in winter and takes hour(s) to get charged for those miles, its lost 55% of value from new in 20 months and twice as costly to insure, I have an ICE backup car.
Appreciate 6
M5Rick66610.50
eugenebmw1958.50
Condorll264.50
      12-21-2023, 05:37 AM   #5385
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Will it? The future is heading towards crippling taxes for the coming generations and eventual melt down because of the mistaken belief that EV's alone will save the planet.
Beats having your village burned to the ground by invaders, your wife dying of appendicitis or during child birth or being imprisoned for the wrong political beliefs. I’ll pay taxes over that any day, Break open a history book.

There is so much for which to be thankful.

I’m typing this response on an electronic tablet that is connected wirelessly to most of human knowledge. I just raised the temp of my house via an app on my phone. I am about to go to the hospital and save people from dying from kidney failure. We are drowning in good things and no one is happy.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2023, 06:05 AM   #5386
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Ioniq EV looks nice but this horror news for the owner will probably make him go back to a gas car.

At 13:30 Kyle was told that continuing to drive an EV with an impacted battery in that he had already been officially warned by dealer/Hyundai then if it then exploded and caused damage with casualties he may be liable for damages from third parties with car insurance possibly void.

Last edited by M5Rick; 12-21-2023 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 4
MmmmmM22645.00
eugenebmw1958.50
      12-21-2023, 06:36 AM   #5387
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:

why are you still posting on here?

Meanwhile in Canada the government has banned the production of ICE vehicles by 2035.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12...sales-mandate/
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66610.50
      12-21-2023, 06:40 AM   #5388
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Beats having your village burned to the ground by invaders, your wife dying of appendicitis or during child birth or being imprisoned for the wrong political beliefs. I’ll pay taxes over that any day, Break open a history book.

I’m typing this response on an electronic tablet that is connected wirelessly to most of human knowledge. I just raised the temp of my house via an app on my phone. I am about to go to the hospital and save people from dying from kidney failure. We are drowning in good things and no one is happy.
All good things, but that doesn't mean things can and are changing for the worse. North of the border in the last 5 years we have had a quadrupling of the number of people using food banks, with about half of those not being homeless or unemployed. Things are getting much worse quickly, and pointing that out isn't something I think is terribly wrong. We all want a better life, and many are concerned that the standard of living is heading in the wrong direction.
Appreciate 5
Efthreeoh18712.00
M5Rick66610.50
lakefront598.50
KRS_SN14258.50
      12-21-2023, 06:48 AM   #5389
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Totally agree on your premise of gratefulness. I can't walk this rock while being pissed all the time.

But to address those that do. It seems half of this country, and others, are in the pissed category. Unfortunately, this group is driving the bus at the moment. Destroy. Deny. Defeat. Nothing is the way they want it, so here we are. Depravity, moral voids and corruption. All right in our faces. This is the plan. Tear it all down.
Colorado thing...wtf. Where am I?
10 blue states did it to Lincoln...Lincoln!!!

Now back to thw positive vibes...It's going to be OK.
Evil will get bitch slapped.

*keep buying ammo*
      12-21-2023, 06:54 AM   #5390
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^You may be called a threat to democracy and stuff soon.
I suspect I'm on a couple lists already, but these days who isn't.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh18712.00