BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #815
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #816
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

I shall overcome.....my meme problem
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #817
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
I'd like to see Seahawks vs Cowboys in NFC Championship and either Broncos vs Raiders or Broncos vs Pats in AFC Championship.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #818
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Dallas versus Washington this week should be epic. Will the kirk cousins who played the last few weeks show up, or the kirk cousins who choked so badly the first he played the Cowboys show up
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #819
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Too late brah- lost all momentum on the upload fail.

Try again after Thursday if you guys win though! I'll surely weigh in being one of the more vocal Cowboy detractors here
      11-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #820
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Quote:

Try again after Thursday if you guys win though! I'll surely weigh in being one of the more vocal Cowboy detractors here
9-1 is never too late.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #821
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

cowboys skins should be a good game.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135839.50
      11-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #822
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Houston got screwed out of that game more than once.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2016, 12:41 AM   #823
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Do the raiders pats play? Before play offs that is
      11-22-2016, 05:45 AM   #824
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Good to see alll those fans in mexico.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 05:56 AM   #825
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Good to see alll those fans in mexico.
except for the one shining the green laser on Osweiler's face

yeah, classy bunch

good to see it's spilled over from Liga MX to the NFL now
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #826
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Haha!!! Lucky style of Defense? That's hilarious!

There is no such thing in the NFL. Either you perform or you do not. Their numbers clearly place them as a Top 10 Defense... Period! They are doing enough to be where they are. Give credit where it is due. That is what I will ALWAYS say.
Now then... Dallas game plan is clear: Control time of possession. If that happens to help our defense, so be it. Dallas has a very clear winning formula. And until I see otherwise, they are THE team to beat and deserve their shine.
GO COWBOYS!!!
How can you watch the defense and not realize they have been getting lucky? This defense is no better than any other defense we've had
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #827
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Quote:
Haha!!! Lucky style of Defense? That's hilarious!

There is no such thing in the NFL. Either you perform or you do not. Their numbers clearly place them as a Top 10 Defense... Period! They are doing enough to be where they are. Give credit where it is due. That is what I will ALWAYS say.
Now then... Dallas game plan is clear: Control time of possession. If that happens to help our defense, so be it. Dallas has a very clear winning formula. And until I see otherwise, they are THE team to beat and deserve their shine.
GO COWBOYS!!!
How can you watch the defense and not realize they have been getting lucky? This defense is no better than any other defense we've had
Bill Parcells had a saying, "it is what it is". After 10 games, they are who they are. A team that is decent against the run, but has excellent cover corners to stop the passing game of the other team. If Claiborne is out another game, then the game against the Redskins will probably be high scoring.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #828
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
except for the one shining the green laser on Osweiler's face

yeah, classy bunch

good to see it's spilled over from Liga MX to the NFL now
I saw that laser on more than just QB during the game.

Oh, and let's not forget "PUTO" each time Texans kicked-off.

Still hoping to see SOMETHING at Azteca when we go next April. We hear they have teen soccer on weekends when nothing else is happening. . .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #829
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Went to the Lions game Sunday. Pretty sad gameday experience! Downtown was pretty dead as usual aside from right around the stadium. Bars emptied out 45 mins before the game, my buddies and I got told by no short of 4 people in the first 20 minutes that we were being too loud and shouldn't stand. Said screw it and snuck down to 200s.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #830
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Went to the Lions game Sunday. Pretty sad gameday experience! Downtown was pretty dead as usual aside from right around the stadium. Bars emptied out 45 mins before the game, my buddies and I got told by no short of 4 people in the first 20 minutes that we were being too loud and shouldn't stand. Said screw it and snuck down to 200s.
I'm surprised usually all the Lionized fans go crazy especially with the chance at winning the division since GB has crapped out. The fans complaint about standing up need to stay home. Either way, lets hope they win this Thursday to take sole possession of 1st place. They're starting to get healthy, FINALLY!

I've been impressed with the Panthers defense the last four weeks. They finally made some improvements in the secondary. The front seven is playing way better when they went on that 1-5 start. This week will have implications of who can pull away in their respective divisions.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #831
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post

Manning has won more games, at 200, which is the QB record, but Brady is at 199 wins as of yesterday, so another record smashed this season, in three fewer starting seasons than Manning.

Just to fan the flames because it's entertaining and I'm bored:

Wilson is on a pace to demolish both Brady and Manning. With 6 games to go this season Russell already has 60 wins. If you consider that the team is surging for their 2nd half run, again, and with only ONE of the remaining opponents is @ .500, he should be pushing 70 wins by the end of his 5th season.

But all this is meaningless if you are not in an organization that wins consistently. Brady has benefited from being coached by Yoda in a Hoodie who knows how to consistently build and maintain team. He's been relatively healthy and the fact that every other team in the Patriots division has SUCKED during Brady's career. Not to take anything away from his annoyingly prodigious talent, but any QB has to be put in a position to win.

This year Wilson has shown he can play through significant injury and actually heal behind a line that didn't start coming together until week 9. Even when not mobile, wearing braces on his right ankle, left knee and a torn pec muscle, when given time he's a highly efficient pocket passer. Those moments are the glimpses into his future at 10-12 years in the league where he's not as mobile but, with this in mind, they've built a more solid wall around him. Though, I still fear that he may need a step stool to see over them.

That being said, I don't know if the NFC West will ever be as bad for as long as the AFC East but it's clear that the Seahawks are the only team to survive the formally brutal division. With the way they've drafted, with arguably the best GM/Coach combo locked up and the richest owner in the league the Seahawks are going to be good for sometime.

Food for thought: Brady is 1-2 vs Wilson and it would be 0-3 but Carroll decided he didn't want to actually want to win back to back Super Bowls.

Last edited by Wraith.; 11-23-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #832
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:

Yeah... We noticed. . We just put up 27 points on THE #1 defense in the NFL and you still salty? It's allllll good tho. Keep doing you.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135839.50
      11-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #833
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
The statistics say otherwise. Would I like to have another impact player on defense? Absolutely. Are they playing well and being very competitive? Damn straight!
Appreciate 1
VRG_135839.50
      11-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #834
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post

Wilson is on a pace to demolish both Brady and Manning. With 6 games to go this season Russell already has 60 wins. If you consider that the team is surging for their 2nd half run, again, and with only ONE of the remaining opponents is @ .500, he should be pushing 70 wins by the end of his 4th season.

But all this is meaningless if you are not in an organization that wins consistently. Brady has benefited from being coached by Yoda in a Hoodie who knows how to consistently build and maintain team. He's been relatively healthy and the fact that every other team in the Patriots division has SUCKED during Brady's career. Not to take anything away from his annoyingly prodigious talent, but any QB has to be put in a position to win.

This year Wilson has shown he can play through significant injury and actually heal behind a line that didn't start coming together until week 9. Even when not mobile, wearing braces on his right ankle, left knee and a torn pec muscle, when given time he's a highly efficient pocket passer. Those moments are the glimpses into his future at 10-12 years in the league where he's not as mobile but, with this in mind, they've built a more solid wall around him. Though, I still fear that he may need a step stool to see over them.

That being said, I don't know if the NFC West will ever be as bad for as long as the AFC East but it's clear that the Seahawks are the only team to survive the formally brutal division. With the way they've drafted, with arguably the best GM/Coach combo locked up and the richest owner in the league the Seahawks are going to be good for sometime.

Food for thought: Brady is 1-2 vs Wilson and it would be 0-3 but Carroll decided he didn't want to actually want to win back to back Super Bowls.
Dak is on a pace to shatter any record any of those boys put up. 300+ yards against the NFL's #1 offense! .900 winning percentage so far, and concievebly could be 10-0 right now. That 1st game was winnable.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #835
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah... We noticed. . We just put up 27 points on THE #1 defense in the NFL and you still salty? It's allllll good tho. Keep doing you.
You have to look at the competition "the number 1 defense" has to go against. The Browns twice?? The jags??? Come on man- you can say all you want- but thus far- you damn well know Seattles had the tougher road- and you damn well know Dallas hasn't/won't face a defense like Seattles until the Play offs come around.

On top of that- Seattle will SHRED your defense. No question.

I don't jump up and down over regular seasons/ maybe after 22 years of not winning anything makes you guys delusional and try to take anything as a W- but as of today, WERE the ones with a 99 percent chance of winning our division. Aka we can look towards the play offs- you guys still haven't even assured winning yours yet.

Results are what matters, we've beat you guys in the preseason, and recently beat the best team in the AFC being the pats. As I said, enjoy the regular season, because it's the only joy you'll get this season. Trust me.
      11-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #836
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post

Wilson is on a pace to demolish both Brady and Manning. With 6 games to go this season Russell already has 60 wins. If you consider that the team is surging for their 2nd half run, again, and with only ONE of the remaining opponents is @ .500, he should be pushing 70 wins by the end of his 4th season.

Wilson is good, but he's got a damn loooooong way to go (like +8 more seasons) before he is put up in the ranks of Payton or Brady. Anything can and likely will happen in 8 seasons, injuries, trades, sucking...
Appreciate 0