BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
Wonks20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw i3 Rex & 2019 750i M

Led/Low Beams comfort exit

Hi guys,
I can't seem to find out how to enable the led/low beam to remain (headlight courtesy delay) on when exiting the vehicle and locking the doors. Previous vehicles I was able to set the option to enable the lowbeams to remain on for example 60 seconds while the doors remained locked and then it automatically turned off after 60 seconds. I'm sure this vehicle will have a similar feature but not sure how to enable it can anyone help out.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonks20 View Post
Hi guys,
I can't seem to find out how to enable the led/low beam to remain (headlight courtesy delay) on when exiting the vehicle and locking the doors. Previous vehicles I was able to set the option to enable the lowbeams to remain on for example 60 seconds while the doors remained locked and then it automatically turned off after 60 seconds. I'm sure this vehicle will have a similar feature but not sure how to enable it can anyone help out.
Thanks in advance.
I believe they changed the name to "pathway lighting". I'm certain the option exists as I've seen it in the menus.
      12-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

You have to push the left hand stalk forward as if selecting main beam, then they come on and stay on for as long as you have selected in the ‘lights’ menu.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto above...I've seen it described in the owners manual and in iDrive. Look for Pathway Lighting in the rear index in your owners manual for instructions.

EDIT: Check your owners manual because I believe the instructions have changed slightly for the G chassis BMWs & iDrive 7. Regardless of the time interval you have set...you must manually initiate pathway lighting. It wont come on automatically/everytime you shut off the car like in a Cadillac...you get to select when you need the lights to stay on to illuminate your way. If you're in a well lit parking lot or drive or street...then there's no need for pathway lighting...so BMW gives you the choice to select when you need it by flicking the flasher stalk.

From a past thread on this topic...I believe these are the instruction from the F chassis BMWs and Pathway Lighting:

And the instruction below are from the G05 X5 owners manual which will probably be similar to the G11/G12 7 series:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-23-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
Wonks20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw i3 Rex & 2019 750i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2C View Post
You have to push the left hand stalk forward as if selecting main beam, then they come on and stay on for as long as you have selected in the ‘lights’ menu.
Thank you this worked! Sucks you need it to do it every time.
Appreciate 0