BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #287
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

I found C_HOO_Vorhanden is SAS2 and it is set to: nicht_vorhanden (which I assume it means switched off?)
Other options are vorhanden and UNK_PARAM_0
Was reading here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1358929 that it won't work in EU countries so might be pointless
I wonder if anyone in EU has managed to enable it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #288
andriuszz
Rep
Drives: Bmw 730 G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
I found C_HOO_Vorhanden is SAS2 and it is set to: nicht_vorhanden (which I assume it means switched off?)
Other options are vorhanden and UNK_PARAM_0
Was reading here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1358929 that it won't work in EU countries so might be pointless
I wonder if anyone in EU has managed to enable it.
Yes it’s switched off, just try to enable and see what will happen
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #289
Wonks20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw i3 Rex & 2019 750i M

I've coded few features with bimmercode using the OBDLINK MX+
I'm trying to figure out how I can code 2 features I think this might be in the expert mode but not sure and can't seem to find much information about it.

1. Turn signal (5 blinks)
2. door handle lights turn on in reverse

Can anyone help me out?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #290
andriuszz
Rep
Drives: Bmw 730 G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonks20 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how I can code 2 features I think this might be in the expert mode but not sure and can't seem to find much information about it.

2. door handle lights turn on in reverse

Can anyone help me out?
Not possible on pre LCI G11/12
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #291
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

On my daughters '12 528 I coded her fog lights to stay on with high beams using BimmerCode. I don't find a similar setting for that on my '16 750. I would assume it's there in expert mode however. Anyone know what that might be?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 08:14 AM   #292
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrispy View Post
On my daughters '12 528 I coded her fog lights to stay on with high beams using BimmerCode. I don't find a similar setting for that on my '16 750. I would assume it's there in expert mode however. Anyone know what that might be?
If you're looking for the Bimmercode coding option to do this...the 2012 & 2016 models & model years use different control modules to operate exterior lighting. I believe the 2012 uses either the FRM (footwell module) or the FEM (front electronics module) for exterior lights...and the 2016 probably uses the BDC (body domain control). So make sure you're looking for it in the correct module that controls this function. (just a thought).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonks20 View Post

Can anyone help me out?
From the Bimmercode app's FAQ:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-10-2020 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #293
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

In Bimmercode, even in Expert mode, this is the only things related to fog lights that I can find. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:02 AM   #294
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Does anyone know which VO code I need to add for M sport steering wheel with shift paddles retrofit?

I have ran the wires need for the paddles and coded it, it works now but still I would like to add the VO code. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #295
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Does anyone know which VO code I need to add for M sport steering wheel with shift paddles retrofit?

I have ran the wires need for the paddles and coded it, it works now but still I would like to add the VO code. Thank you
Depending on the car you have

But here is a list of all the VO as of 2017

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966607#/topics/966607
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 03:15 AM   #296
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be no. However I'll ask anyway just incase it's possible.

I like the standard dash layout of Comfort/Adaptive on the digital cockpit.

I also like the way sport mode is on the Alpina display.

I've coded my car to have the Alpina dash layout. But went back to normal as wasn't overly enamoured about the standard dash layout.

Is there a way to keep the normal dash layout and code just Sport/Sport individual to have the Alpina style layout?

Or is only a case of either all standard or all Alpina.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #297
kumaichi
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
Took an hour to locate the items. For those using Bimmercode, here are the locations:

Body Control Unit/Expert Mode
3142 PfLinLRE/LHZ CCM IKF
3450 OTHERS 1/IKF ENABLE

Head Unit/Expert Mode
3000 HMI/AUTO SITZE FRONT
AUTO SITZE FOND
AUTO LENKRADHEIZUNG
I set all these parameters and setup iDrive to turn steering wheel and driver seat heat on below 48 degrees and the seat doesn't automatically come on. The steering wheel notifies me in the cluster that it is turned on but no front seat. I confirmed the above settings in Bimmercode. Thanks for any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #298
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaichi View Post
I set all these parameters and setup iDrive to turn steering wheel and driver seat heat on below 48 degrees and the seat doesn't automatically come on. The steering wheel notifies me in the cluster that it is turned on but no front seat. I confirmed the above settings in Bimmercode. Thanks for any suggestions.
It is triggered by the seatbelt. Auto seat heating won't come on unless you put your seatbelt on.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #299
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In Bimmercode, even in Expert mode, this is the only things related to fog lights that I can find. [IMG][/IMG]
For fog light, the code should have NSW. So search for NSW you will see NSW_ etc

NSW_AUS_BEI Turn it off to have fog light with high beam
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #300
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorStrike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaichi View Post
It is triggered by the seatbelt. Auto seat heating won't come on unless you put your seatbelt on.
That's interesting because I coded mine and it works flawlessly I did the heat and ventilation soon as car starts bars on the ac unit light up and it's activated seat belt not hooked up. what I was told was when seat belt is put on it remembers ur last settings as far as heat and ventilation depending on ur options in car
      01-18-2020, 01:59 PM   #301
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
That's interesting because I coded mine and it works flawlessly I did the heat and ventilation soon as car starts bars on the ac unit light up and it's activated seat belt not hooked up. what I was told was when seat belt is put on it remembers ur last settings as far as heat and ventilation depending on ur options in car
Not sure why then. But in mine it will only work if the seatbelt is plugged in.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #302
kumaichi
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
I had to reset the temperature to come on and it automatically came on when my seatbelt was on, thanks for the tip. I will try again later tonight or first thing in the morning and see if it comes on automatically. This forum is awesome, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #303
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post
For fog light, the code should have NSW. So search for NSW you will see NSW_ etc

Thanks! Just searched NSW in Expert Mode on BimmerCode, change the NSW_AUS_BEL FL to not active and now the dogs stay on with the brights. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #304
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post

Thanks! Just searched NSW in Expert Mode on BimmerCode, change the NSW_AUS_BEL FL to not active and now the dogs stay on with the brights. Thanks for the help!
YW happy to help
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 04:23 PM   #305
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Need to apologize I got it confused once again mine came with the auto heated steering wheel and seats I coded in the seat ventilation part as seen in the pics sorry for the mix up I always get my g12 confused with my f02 and my f15 I'm gettin old mind is not as sharp as it once was especially when u start coding different cars and they are all different when it comes to coding
Attached Images

01-20-2020, 02:01 AM   #306
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Need to apologize I got it confused once again mine came with the auto heated steering wheel and seats I coded in the seat ventilation part as seen in the pics sorry for the mix up I always get my g12 confused with my f02 and my f15 I'm gettin old mind is not as sharp as it once was especially when u start coding different cars and they are all different when it comes to coding
No need to apologise.

I wasn't sure if it was due to regional variations.

Mine has the auto heated and ventilated seats and steering wheel.

But only the wheel works on its own. The heated ventilated seats only work once the seat belt is plugged in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #307
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No need to apologise.

I wasn't sure if it was due to regional variations.

Mine has the auto heated and ventilated seats and steering wheel.

But only the wheel works on its own. The heated ventilated seats only work once the seat belt is plugged in.
The U.S. is funny so it's possible
      01-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #308
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

Does the seat/steering wheel heating automatically turn off after a set time?
Appreciate 0