BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

12-16-2021, 07:01 AM   #1189
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
If that was the SOLID case, Mercedes would go on and protest until the End of Days don't you think? If they were so sure about them being right...

I guess Mercedes is too afraid that if there are any investigations necessary they also will be questioned......

Cheers
Robin
No, the protest would harm Max if it was upheld and succeeded. The main target should be Masi, Max was simply the beneficiary of corruption but not the cause. FIA just put someone in charge of Masi to prevent him from repeating Abu Dhabi. The question that remains is, can Max win a championship without Masi's assistance?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 07:05 AM   #1190
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiren View Post
What a pile of crap. Being gifted a win via race fixing and violation of rules isnt outsmarting anyone. Maxipad got trounced in the race and was gifted a win via race fixing
Time for a repost:
      12-16-2021, 07:05 AM   #1191
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
No, the protest would harm Max if it was upheld and succeeded. The main target should be Masi, Max was simply the beneficiary of corruption but not the cause. FIA just put someone in charge of Masi to prevent him from repeating Abu Dhabi. The question that remains is, can Max win a championship without Masi's assistance?

Take a look at the DNF @Silverstone '21 for example. Lewis only got a 10 sec penalty for almost killing Max. And being so proud after finishing 1st + 25 points vs Max zero.....

Karma strikes back.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 3
iamwingman1203.50
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #1192
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Finns like to go racing

Hakkinen's comments worth reading in full https://instanceoforigin.com/blog/fo...D=CM0000095398

Was Race Director Michael Masi right to speed up the end of the Safety Car period, letting the cars between Max and Lewis unlap themselves and setting up a race over one lap?

I think it would have been much worse if this World Championship had finished behind a Safety Car. That really would have been such an anticlimax.

The Race Director’s decision, later supported by the four Stewards, is based on his understanding of the rules including his responsibility for deciding when the Safety Car returns to the pits. Balancing decisions between ensuring safety and promoting racing is the toughest job facing the Race Director.

Looking at the result, in terms of safety and promoting racing, Michael did his job. If Mercedes decides to protest the result of the race, and the World Championship for Drivers, the decisions which were made and the way the rules were applied will be examined in detail. I don’t believe the results will change.

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 07:12 AM   #1193
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Take a look at the DNF @Silverstone '21 for example. Lewis only got a 10 sec penalty for almost killing Max. And being so proud after finishing 1st + 25 points vs Max zero.....

Karma strikes back.

Cheers
Robin
Max fans applaud his aggressive driving and attempts to cause contact as long as he gets the better of it. At Silverstone, he got the worst of it and you're sour that Lewis didn't allow Max to bully him in that moment. If you believe in Karma, Max has far more bad karma coming his way than Lewis.

If Max continues his ways of "either you yield or there will be contact", he'll continue to put himself in positions where he might get the worse of it have more trips into walls.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #1194
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Max fans applaud his aggressive driving and attempts to cause contact as long as he gets the better of it. At Silverstone, he got the worst of it and you're sour that Lewis didn't allow Max to bully him in that moment. If you believe in Karma, Max has far more bad karma coming his way than Lewis.

If Max continues his ways of "either you yield or there will be contact", he'll continue to put himself in positions where he might get the worse of it have more trips into walls.
This is what you're saying all the time and the only person responsible for almost killing another driver this season is Lewis.....

Please put off your Mercedes fanboy glasses after '8 seasons' mate if you really think it's like that what you're stating above....

Anyway. We keep running around in circles. Live with it.

Thanks for contributing nontheless.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 07:30 AM   #1195
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Here is a(nother) Belgian(Flemish) driver with some talent.
Best Belgian race driver ever was Jacky Ickx. Most versatile (24 hours of Le Mans, Formula 1, Can-Am, Paris-Dakar, etc.).

Appreciate 3
Robin_NL8717.00
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #1196
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Best Belgian race driver ever was Jacky Ickx. Most versatile (24 hours of Le Mans, Formula 1, Can-Am, Paris-Dakar, etc.).

I remember Tierry Boutsen too.

And Jacky's daughter Vanina

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60090.50
Artemis29417.50
      12-16-2021, 08:09 AM   #1197
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
An example: the famous 'Hamilton - Rosberg' crash (I was dumbfounded when I saw it happening live on TV):

Niki Lauda blamed Hamilton for that crash: see from 03:39 to 08:49:
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #1198
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
An example: the famous 'Hamilton - Rosberg' crash (I was dumbfounded when I saw it happening live on TV):

Niki Lauda blamed Hamilton for that crash: see from 03:39 to 08:49:
Ham has in the past and even this past season had plenty of crashes and controversial calls. When he's under pressure, he make mistakes, get flustered, and generally will make moves similar to Max but then claim they are fair and OK but god forbid anyone else does it to him. I like to see hard-nosed racing but you can't take both sides of the coin.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 08:39 AM   #1199
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
OT:

Staaten Eylandt (cf. Staaten Generaal) used to be part of Nieuw Nederland(t) aka Nova Belgica. Right next to the 'rabbit island' (Conyne Eylandt | Coney Island) and 'the long island' ('t Lange Eylandt | Long Island). Ancestors of Max Verstappen used to develop those places centuries ago...

Off-Topic (sorry Guys)
Yeah of course and the Belgian history is really 'interesting as well . But the name Belgica (now Belgium) comes from the Romans and before Belgica the name was 'Gallië (Gallia/Belgica )

It was in' +/- 50/58 'BC ('BC = before Christ) that Julius Caesar came with his Roman legions to conquer Gallië (Belgium)
What Caesar didn't knew was that 'Ambiorix the leader was of my today's place.
Caesar came here with 9 Roman legions , and 9 legions means 50000 soldiers .
50000 heavily Roman armed soldiers , this was the ultimate killer war machine !

BUT : 'Ambiorix kicked Caesar's A$$ here and Caesar's legions were here (at my place) slaughtered !
Of course the Roman legions returned but It took 8 years to take us completely down .
And finally you can guess what happened . Our soil was literally soaked with blood ! (our blood)
Let's keep in mind that the Roman legions (military) were the best ever in warfare !
My house is built on a hill of this battlefield , and the big Roman defense walls are still everywhere ...

I was really fascinated in the history of my place , and so I have send my personal DNA sample to 23andMe and they have checked my 23 pairs of chromosomes => https://www.23andme.com/en-int/

Surprise !
My DNA result was a big surprise to me . Probably .I'm one of the last of the Ambiorix DNA bloodline .

Pics of my place !

'Ambiorix and the big Roman defense walls ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-16-2021 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #1200
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Your response didn't make sense lol. You stated how you had to teach Americans.. I responded with how we have to teach Belgians that a Dutch person is not Belgian. Then i responded to your statement about Dutch people being aggressive with; I'm in NY, that's not considered aggressive. Here they would burn cars to celebrate lol. I don't do that though.

Anyway, in a nutshell; Max raced well all year as did Lewis. Its unfair to BOTH driver the championship was decided like that. I'm sure Max would rather have had a red flag with Lewis on Pole, both fresh tires with a 2 or 3 lap battle. The way this ended is unfair to both drivers to be honest. They deserved better
70 % of the Americans aren't aware that the Dutch and the Belgians speak the same language ..

Just to clarify the difference between the Dutch and the Belgians :
Nederlands (Dutch) is in my situation the language 'Flemish !
BUT !
In the part of Belgium where I live in , I have to speak 3 languages .

+ English , that makes 4 for me !

NO ! You still don't get it ...Isn't it ?

Carry on ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #1201
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

That is so right
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #1202
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Question to ponder - if the roles were reversed and Lewis was in P2 with fresh tires on the restart, would Max have let him overtake or would he have rammed him off the course?
Lewis = relentless
Max = ruthless

The answer is "who knows?"
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      12-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #1203
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Anyway, in a nutshell; Max raced well all year as did Lewis. Its unfair to BOTH driver the championship was decided like that. I'm sure Max would rather have had a red flag with Lewis on Pole, both fresh tires with a 2 or 3 lap battle. The way this ended is unfair to both drivers to be honest. They deserved better
  • stronger and more recent (less races) Mercedes AMG engine + old hard tires + having the lead to start the final lap;
  • less powerful and older (more races) Honda engine + fresh soft tires + trailing.
Verstappen did not crack under massive all-or-nothing pressure. With skill and guts - no crash. After the race Verstappen pointed out that he had driven the final lap with a very painful cramp torturing one of his legs.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #1204
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
NICE! I already almost forgot that one lol.

The world's best professional driver still alive comes from Haguenau(France). Period.
The world's best drivers in general are from Scandinavia and South America. For decades and decades....

Here is a(nother) Belgian(Flemish) driver with some talent.

Cheers
Robin
I met Patrick Snijers and Guy Colsoul in the Haspengouw rally ..
These guys are really sympathetic to talk with ..

As a kid I still remember the Belgian drivers , Guy Colsoul in his white and yellow Opel Manta 400.
And Patrick Snijers in his crazy rocking Bastos ///M3 .

These memories are ...Lost in time !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
DrFerry6728.50
      12-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #1205
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
...like skids on race tracks. Let them race.

Meanwhile some other tears in rain:

12-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #1206
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
  • stronger and more recent (less races) Mercedes AMG engine + old hard tires + having the lead to start the final lap;
  • less powerful and older (more races) Honda engine + fresh soft tires + trailing.
Verstappen did not crack under massive all-or-nothing pressure. With skill and guts - no crash. After the race Verstappen pointed out that he had driven the final lap with a very painful cramp torturing one of his legs.

MAX pulled 8 races with his HONDA PU !

8 races with a Mercedes PU ? ..The thing in Warp-Speed would blow like a grenade !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 10:01 AM   #1207
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I met Patrick Snijers and Guy Colsoul in the Haspengouw rally ..
These guys are really sympathetic to talk with ..

As a kid I still remember the Belgian drivers , Guy Colsoul in his white and yellow Opel Manta 400.
And Patrick Snijers in his crazy rocking Bastos ///M3 .

I never heard on any Belgian drivers other than Jacky Ickx

What I do know the Belgians are famous for and which I like is the FN-FAL
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 10:33 AM   #1208
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Nice hostage video. What an insufferable, victimized tone and demeanor.

Since it turns out there were no boundaries between he and Mikey, this boss should have pitted HAM and told Mikey, "now Mikey, you must not finish this race under safety car... We must race to the end fair and square. This WDC can't end under safety car and you know it. Red flag or do what you have to do. We all agreed on this before the race."

And that would have been immensely persuasive. Not necessary since that's what Masi was going to do anyways, but a strong and effective appeal when it mattered.

But no. He wanted Mikey to cover his ass and pit strategy with lapped fricking cars. Decided he liked that unexpected race development, whined about losing it like that's what they banked on all along. Ridiculous.

No sympathy for Toto. Think it's shameful that he's effectively ginning up more acrimony against the race director. While offering zero accountability or discussion of his decisions.

HAM deserved more from both team principal and teammate in this race.

Appreciate 4
Autobacs1358.50
M5Rick60090.50
Humdizzle6070.50
      12-16-2021, 10:42 AM   #1209
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

• 1 Pure drama ! (applicable for Toto Wolff)
Yeah It's very clear that Toto Wolff lost his pedals ...And I feel so damn sorry for him !
He is responsible for HAM's WDC failure in the last lap in the last race of the '21 season ..
Honestly it's PURE DRAMA and a Nightmare !

• 2 Tears in the rain ! (applicable for Toto Wolff)
Tears in the rain makes me think of the scene from 'Rutger Hauwer in 'Blade Runner .
Still today ,the 'Rutger Hauwer dialogue blows me completely away !

Honestly ! For me personal .. The scene is really 'Heartbreaking ! But It's a masterpiece and #NeverForget !

•"I've seen things" ...."You people wouldn't believe" ! (applicable for Toto Wolff)

•Please listen to ..."Tears in the rain" !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      12-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #1210
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50