BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-07-2023, 06:14 AM   #1
Popeye87
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M140i

iDrive overdue service entries

Hi all. Just recently bought my first BMW m140i and I have a couple of questions regarding the iDrive service entries.

The car is overdue a major service by 300 miles, and overdue brake fluid by 7 months. It was a private sale and the seller pretty much lied about the brake fluid being done.

If I was to get my car serviced now - would it combine and log the major service and brake fluid together? And if so, would it show as a red OK or amber OK? This is the thing that’s worrying me as it will be a permenant stain on the service history. Would getting brake fluid done on a separate day be of any use, as the major is still within its 1000km threshold - so I believe the major service itself might be shown as a green OK entry?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:48 AM   #2
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
i would just take it in and see what the SA says or call a couple of BMW service depts, some are more educated than others from my own personal experience. My current dealer since I moved to the other side of town is not very bright, just robotic.
Appreciate 0