BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-04-2024, 07:32 AM   #1
icedfusion
Registered
Rep
Drives: infiniti m30d

G12 740Li LCI used 2019/2020 pricing

Good day all!
New to this forum as I have been lurking through google seraches whilst deciding on what is my next car.

I am completely taken by the G12 740Li and have seen quite a few on Autotrader for sale, but the pricing seems to be all over the place at the moment.

I was seriously considering this:

AutoTrader link to 740Li

image for when link dies:
Name:  740Li_interest.png
Views: 142
Size:  572.6 KB

but the more I looked at it, it has less overal tech than my 2011 Infiniti M30d, which I have to replace due to it being written off after someone ploughed into the back of me (i.e. no heated steering wheel)

I then watched a Youtube vid where a guy was looking at AutoTrader but using a plugin called AT Price Tracker - which tracks how long an ad has been on AT and how the pricing has changed.

Seeing how long a typical 7 series has been advertised for and seeing the gradual decline in prices, I am of the opinion that the car I was interested in is under specc'd for the price currently - and I expect it to reduce much faster as we approach March (in the UK for new registrations/trade-ins of older models).

For example, here is a 2019 740Li model with the price tracker (quite a low spec):

Name:  740Li.png
Views: 152
Size:  281.9 KB

Seeing as I want the car to have at a minimum the adaptive cruise control, I told the dealer selling the car I was interested in that £42k was way too much and based on other spec'd cars it should be more like £32-£35k.

The example is those two cars I have shown in the image - both facelifted 2019 models, one registered in 2020 of march (by a dealer at the time of lockdown I reckon), hence the low mileage and the other, probably by a dealer in 2019 - still low mileage but not as high a spec. However, 12k difference?

Do you think I am being completely unreasonable or not? This is based purely on using the price tracker plugin for autotrader (I am not affiliated in anyway, in case people are wondering) - it has absolutely changed how I view cars on AT though to make comparisons and to see pricing trends.

Cheers
Appreciate 0