BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
alexvladv
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640 f13

Ride height faults

Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows what this errors mean as my g11 won’t go back to a normal driving height, front end is super low while rear is all the way up.
Ride height fault 482974 vehicle level not adjustable and 48292c discharge valve maximum sitched on period exceeded.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I'd just take it to the dealer and let the warranty sort it, you haven't had it long if I recall correctly.
      09-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

it's a faulty pump in the air suspension; happened to my '16 G12
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:04 AM   #4
alexvladv
Private
Rep

Sorry for the late reply, I was exhausted and fell asleep lol, yes just had it for over a month, it’s at the garage now. Hopefully they will sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 12:28 PM   #5
alexvladv
Private
Rep

So apparently they managed to reset the suspension, got it all the way up but it won't lower even when driving, they believe it's the module (not sure which exactly?) that's faulty.. the way they explained it to me it that the car doesn't get the message that it has to lower.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #6
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

I guess they'll replace the module then?
      09-17-2021, 04:09 PM   #7
alexvladv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I guess they'll replace the module then?
Yea that's the plan, they took the compressor apart and gave it a clean, it had some moisture/water inside but nothing major, they tested it and it worked fine, I think they are kind of guessing it's the module but we will see.. makes sense to me but I am no mechanic, I thought it could be one of the sensors/relay but they are confident it's not.
Appreciate 2
Wills28656.00
roj0.00
      10-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #8
alexvladv
Private
Rep

Finally an update, they managed to sort out the suspension problem but I believe they bricked my head unit, I didn’t see the car yet but they called me this morning saying that the satnav doesn’t work and needs replacing, pretty much they send me a new invoice with 1.7k for a new unit, rac only covers 500£, problem is that it was working just fine when I took it there.. wtf
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #9
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Is that a BMW dealer?
      10-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #10
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
Finally an update, they managed to sort out the suspension problem but I believe they bricked my head unit, I didn’t see the car yet but they called me this morning saying that the satnav doesn’t work and needs replacing, pretty much they send me a new invoice with 1.7k for a new unit, rac only covers 500£, problem is that it was working just fine when I took it there.. wtf
You're not under warranty? A reputable dealer would (1) not simply send an invoice without authorization from the customer; and (2) would not charge you at all (or at least not charge you for labor) when a piece of electronics fails when the car is in their care (and they were mucking around with electronic modules). Very customer unfriendly service.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 04:49 PM   #11
alexvladv
Private
Rep

We spoke for 2 minutes before I was getting to work, they called and told me that the head unit isn’t working but the suspension is, when I asked what’s wrong with the head unit he didn’t really give me any details why isn’t it working, I asked if it’s bricked and he said “you can call it that” and they email me an quote what will it cost to replace. I’m going there tomorrow morning maybe they will explain exactly what happened because when I gave them the car the satnav was working fine, I even have the diagnostics they did before carrying out any work, the only fault codes were air suspension related. Also the warranty only covers 500£ for the satnav.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #12
alexvladv
Private
Rep

Apparently the satnav is not working anymore after they tried to do a software update, when I confronted the garage saying that my satnav was working just fine and no fault codes after 3 diagnostics when I got it there they got super defensive and asked me to leave if I questing their ability to do their job and insult them like that, they took the car to the BMW local dealer and they claim the best engineer is working on it, 30-40 years of business, I asked him to explain how this happen and he claimed that this things can happen and the problem was there before, bullsh*t.. Asking your mechanic what progress they made on your car is an insult I guess and duty of care means nothing.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #13
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Quote:
Apparently the satnav is not working anymore after they tried to do a software update, when I confronted the garage saying that my satnav was working just fine and no fault codes after 3 diagnostics when I got it there they got super defensive and asked me to leave if I questing their ability to do their job and insult them like that, they took the car to the BMW local dealer and they claim the best engineer is working on it, 30-40 years of business, I asked him to explain how this happen and he claimed that this things can happen and the problem was there before, bullsh*t.. Asking your mechanic what progress they made on your car is an insult I guess and duty of care means nothing.
I had a similar adventure during the last service check out of my service package.

I Asked politely,
  • If there was an update available for my system iDrive.
The answer was that there is actually an update,however if I don't have any system problems they advise me not to touch it.

So I asked,
  • However, if I would like to install these updates can they do it for me.

They answered openly and discouragingly that at my request and the risk that I have to bear if the update fails and the cost of 150€ and the possible specter of repairing equipment that is in the professional option, I resigned.

The f#$%& hands are just drooping, what a failure and this is a BMW service.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #14
Zodiac
Private
Rep
Drives: G11 750i, M5 E60, M6 F12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyW View Post
They answered openly and discouragingly that at my request and the risk that I have to bear if the update fails and the cost of 150€ and the possible specter of repairing equipment that is in the professional option, I resigned.
I had the same first encounter, but after everything was finished with my car, service advisor told me that the next time I would encounter an issue, like multimedia unit resetting or some software mess, I should report it and the car will be flashed under warranty, as that's the default action BMW tells the dealership to take.

With my previous 740xd I had zero problems, but my 750i just started a week ago with completely black instrument cluster (while headup and middle screen working fine), so tomorrow I am leaving it at the dealership. They will probably update everything - hopefully that includes latest software mentioned here on Bimmerpost, as I don't see it on MyBMW app.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 04:03 PM   #15
Zodiac
Private
Rep
Drives: G11 750i, M5 E60, M6 F12

Got the car back today and indeed it is flashed now to latest software, 7/2021 (or I believe thats the latest one at least).

Runs nice, smoother than before (but I expect thats the transmission adaptation) and what worries me is that now the sports exhaust seems a bit quieter, but maybe its just my imagination - time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #16
alexvladv
Private
Rep

After 7 weeks of stress and horrible thoughts I got my car back, drives soooo damn nice, almost forgot how it felt, one issues though, they changed my idrive unit and as I was setting everything back to how I like it and I noticed that my service history is missing, the car had full BMW history with loads of "stamps", I suspect as they changed the unit they forgot to update it, is there any way I can get it back? They are closed for the weekend I will give them a call on Monday, just curious if anyone had similar issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #17
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
After 7 weeks of stress and horrible thoughts I got my car back, drives soooo damn nice, almost forgot how it felt, one issues though, they changed my idrive unit and as I was setting everything back to how I like it and I noticed that my service history is missing, the car had full BMW history with loads of "stamps", I suspect as they changed the unit they forgot to update it, is there any way I can get it back? They are closed for the weekend I will give them a call on Monday, just curious if anyone had similar issues.
If the inspections were by BMW service or authorized stations registered in the BMW server, everything is on the server and can be recovered to iDrive, if the inspections are done without updating the server, everything is lost and only paper documentation, i.e. bills remains ...
Of course you can manually load everything yourself into iDrive using - HU-SHM Lite

I do it myself because I am servicing the car myself every 10k km.

Last edited by LuckyW; 11-05-2021 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:03 AM   #18
alexvladv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyW View Post
If the inspections were by BMW service or authorized stations registered in the BMW server, everything is on the server and can be recovered to iDrive, if the inspections are done without updating the server, everything is lost and only paper documentation, i.e. bills remains ...
Of course you can manually load everything yourself into iDrive using - HU-SHM Lite

I do it myself because I am servicing the car myself every 10k km.

Thank you, everything was done by BMW so in theory should be backed up.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #19
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, everything was done by BMW so in theory should be backed up.
Will be don't you worry about that...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 09:37 PM   #20
Recon3D
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i, F15 X5 35d, & E60 M5

Quote:
What ended up being the suspension issue? My 750i just got the 482974 - VDP: Vehicle level - not adjustable code
Appreciate 0