BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-07-2023, 02:08 PM   #1
wscottdo
Rep
Drives: BMW 750I

BMW 750i 2020-21. How would you prioritize these options?

Hi,

I am in the market for a used 750i. Looking at 2020 or 2021. Lots of cars out there with different options packages. Rare to have it all. How do you suggest I prioritize the available options? Here is what I am thinking:

Autobahn package
Drivers Assistance Pro
Executive package
Bowers Wilkins Audio
M Sport package
Luxury seating package
... whatever else.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 05:22 AM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

All of these options are a matter of personal preference, so only thing I can offer is a personal take on these.

Autobahn Package - a must for me. ASR and HSR do make a huge difference. Go drive two similar cars where one has the package and other doesn't. Guaranteed to notice it.

Driver's Assistant Pro - If you do lots of highway driving and enjoy driving assistance features, then go for it. If you are more of an "I'll drive it myself", then you wont find yourself using those much. Plus there is few difference levels of Driver Assistant, so you might find that you don't even need Pro.

Executive Package - Do you haul executives? If not, then it only serves as bragging rights and you will lose plenty of front passenger seat functionality.

Bowers & Wilikins - If you enjoy fine audio and you actually use high quality, lossless audio sources, then this is another must. If you listen to radio and casually stream Spotify, then Harman/Kardon is more than adequate. A lot of people actually prefer the sound of H/K over B&W. B&W is capable of reproducing audio so cleanly, that some people are just not used to this level of resolution and clarity. And should audio source not match the equalizer settings, it might almost sound like the audio is drilling your brains. H/K comes in more mellow and flat sound profile, with more emphasis on base line.

M Sport - Preference thing. I find 7 looks best in Pure Excellence. M design bumpers also lose a single point in drag coefficient.

Luxury seating. It's nice to have those electrically regulated, heated, cooled, massaged seats in the rear. I haven't measured it precisely with a tape measurer or something, but I feel this package takes up a little more legroom in the back. Not an issue in G12 LWB.

What I would add as my requirements are: Climate Comfort Laminated Glass (all around), Rear Sunshades, All seat comfort functions for front seats, Steering wheel heating, Preheating (Webasto), Individual Rear Reading Light (looks so much better than stocks), Ambient Air Package (for air ionizer), HUD, Wireless charging (for LTE Compensator), Night Vision (because it has spotted countless potential threats for me long before any human ever could have), Headlight cleaning system (if you live in area where they get dirty), High beam assistant, Laser lights (if you do at night highway driving), Surround View, Comfort Access.

Hope this gibberish helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 07:30 AM   #3
wscottdo
Rep
Drives: BMW 750I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
All of these options are a matter of personal preference, so only thing I can offer is a personal take on these.

Autobahn Package - a must for me. ASR and HSR do make a huge difference. Go drive two similar cars where one has the package and other doesn't. Guaranteed to notice it.

Driver's Assistant Pro - If you do lots of highway driving and enjoy driving assistance features, then go for it. If you are more of an "I'll drive it myself", then you wont find yourself using those much. Plus there is few difference levels of Driver Assistant, so you might find that you don't even need Pro.

Executive Package - Do you haul executives? If not, then it only serves as bragging rights and you will lose plenty of front passenger seat functionality.

Bowers & Wilikins - If you enjoy fine audio and you actually use high quality, lossless audio sources, then this is another must. If you listen to radio and casually stream Spotify, then Harman/Kardon is more than adequate. A lot of people actually prefer the sound of H/K over B&W. B&W is capable of reproducing audio so cleanly, that some people are just not used to this level of resolution and clarity. And should audio source not match the equalizer settings, it might almost sound like the audio is drilling your brains. H/K comes in more mellow and flat sound profile, with more emphasis on base line.

M Sport - Preference thing. I find 7 looks best in Pure Excellence. M design bumpers also lose a single point in drag coefficient.

Luxury seating. It's nice to have those electrically regulated, heated, cooled, massaged seats in the rear. I haven't measured it precisely with a tape measurer or something, but I feel this package takes up a little more legroom in the back. Not an issue in G12 LWB.

What I would add as my requirements are: Climate Comfort Laminated Glass (all around), Rear Sunshades, All seat comfort functions for front seats, Steering wheel heating, Preheating (Webasto), Individual Rear Reading Light (looks so much better than stocks), Ambient Air Package (for air ionizer), HUD, Wireless charging (for LTE Compensator), Night Vision (because it has spotted countless potential threats for me long before any human ever could have), Headlight cleaning system (if you live in area where they get dirty), High beam assistant, Laser lights (if you do at night highway driving), Surround View, Comfort Access.

Hope this gibberish helps.

Very helpful!!

I have 5 cars I’m looking at. Now I just need to decide which is the best deal with the features I want. That’s a bit of a puzzle.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 10:45 AM   #4
AllIn216
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive, Supra 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wscottdo View Post
Hi,

I am in the market for a used 750i. Looking at 2020 or 2021. Lots of cars out there with different options packages. Rare to have it all. How do you suggest I prioritize the available options? Here is what I am thinking:

Autobahn package
Drivers Assistance Pro
Executive package
Bowers Wilkins Audio
M Sport package
Luxury seating package
... whatever else.

Thanks for your suggestions.
The only must-haves for me on that list would be:

Executive Package: For the massaging front seats!
M-Sport Package: The Msport exhaust, because it sounds great. I liked the more aggressive appearance of the front/rear fascias on the MSport too. I also like how the this deletes essentially all of the exterior chrome except the grille (black grille would be the "extended shadowline" pkg).
Driver's Assistance Pro: The driving aids actually work in this, and are therefore useful on the highway. Can basically self drive on US freeways with a hand on the wheel.

Normally I would always insist on the stereo upgrade too, but not for this car. And that's because both the HK and B&W are disappointingly mediocre for this class of vehicle (and even 1-2 classes down in the luxury tier). The B&W wouldn't deter me from buying a 7 with it, but I wouldn't consider paying any sort premium for it...the speaker grills do look cool though.

Keep in mind that while the 750 was largely the same for MY20 and MY21, in the US some things became standard for MY21 (like heated front seats, steering wheel, and arm rests for example). Some options like laser headlights dropped from the US option list for MY21. Maybe you can find a pdf of both model year's brochures to better understand what the standard/option changes were, even the content of packages with same name.

Happy hunting!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 05:26 PM   #5
Loobeemer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 750IXDrive

Here is one

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=myATCsavedcar
Appreciate 0