BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2023, 08:27 AM   #353
Alfisti
Colonel
6406
Rep
2,990
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Easy, assuming I don't want a cab it's the GT350. I know it's discontinued but close enough. Otherwise, damn.....good question. Maybe the Lotus? Supercharged but close enough I guess? I dunno, I think the difficulty in answering this question is why analog cars from 15 years ago are so mind bendingly expensive. I am seeing 997.2 Carrera S coupes (manual) with low miles surpass 6 figures here in Canada, that is a WILD price. I know a 997.1, with that time bomb engine, sold for $86K CDN plus taxes. It was in superb shape etc but it's just an "S".

Last edited by Alfisti; 05-05-2023 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
chassis6206.50
      05-13-2023, 05:19 PM   #354
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
x622's Avatar
890
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Easy, assuming I don't want a cab it's the GT350. I know it's discontinued but close enough. Otherwise, damn.....good question. Maybe the Lotus? Supercharged but close enough I guess? I dunno, I think the difficulty in answering this question is why analog cars from 15 years ago are so mind bendingly expensive. I am seeing 997.2 Carrera S coupes (manual) with low miles surpass 6 figures here in Canada, that is a WILD price. I know a 997.1, with that time bomb engine, sold for $86K CDN plus taxes. It was in superb shape etc but it's just an "S".
I hated the evora I drove, it was really rough and a poor compromise car in comparison to an Exige, which was a razorblade.
__________________
Oy vey, look at all these shekels
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 09:04 PM   #355
Alfisti
Colonel
6406
Rep
2,990
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I meant the emira
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 09:54 PM   #356
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2337
Rep
1,346
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

delete

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 05-15-2023 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 05:17 PM   #357
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
x622's Avatar
890
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Here's a 1700 mile update on the Mac n' cheese.

So far what's done;
Gintani turboback
M-Engineering Tune
Pure inlets
19x9.5 +35 265/30/19 r888r fronts
20x12.5 +32 325/30/20 r888r rears
P104sc's in brushed dark tint coat


The 911 was just not comparable. Again, after driving everything in the list again and then experiencing this 720s with the relatively speaking modest upgrades... This thing is a fucking animal. It shoots 10' fireballs out the back, it sounds like a race car when I'm on it and is quiet when I'm lumbering around in low RPM. It does not quite have the spooky turning capability a rear-wheel steer 911 does, but it rotates unlike most anything I've felt. Closest example is a race prepped exige maybe. It is always down to slide exactly as much or as little as you want.

It does not have all the luxury amenities I want. I wish it had a button to turn on the 360 degree cameras. Sometimes the wing complains and doesn't deploy until I go above 4mph.

Forthcoming; Carbon. All of it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Oy vey, look at all these shekels
Appreciate 8
chassis6206.50
DrFerry6604.00
PhaceN52164.50
jmack545.50
nicholasn261.00
Humdizzle5988.50
S1nner118.00
      07-27-2023, 06:02 PM   #358
G MONEY
Major
1045
Rep
1,344
Posts

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: EARTH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Here's a 1700 mile update on the Mac n' cheese.

So far what's done;
Gintani turboback
M-Engineering Tune
Pure inlets
19x9.5 +35 265/30/19 r888r fronts
20x12.5 +32 325/30/20 r888r rears
P104sc's in brushed dark tint coat


The 911 was just not comparable. Again, after driving everything in the list again and then experiencing this 720s with the relatively speaking modest upgrades... This thing is a fucking animal. It shoots 10' fireballs out the back, it sounds like a race car when I'm on it and is quiet when I'm lumbering around in low RPM. It does not quite have the spooky turning capability a rear-wheel steer 911 does, but it rotates unlike most anything I've felt. Closest example is a race prepped exige maybe. It is always down to slide exactly as much or as little as you want.

It does not have all the luxury amenities I want. I wish it had a button to turn on the 360 degree cameras. Sometimes the wing complains and doesn't deploy until I go above 4mph.

Forthcoming; Carbon. All of it.
Beautiful car. If I ever ditch the 458, this is in my list. Especially used as it
Seems their value takes a pretty steep dip?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 02:17 AM   #359
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
x622's Avatar
890
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Beautiful car. If I ever ditch the 458, this is in my list. Especially used as it
Seems their value takes a pretty steep dip?
Keep the 458 as an investment, that thing isn't gonna depreciate.

I've been closely watching the 720s market for a bit and it seems the 750s didn't really make an impact. I would say go for an LT but it's just hard to justify - spiders are still going for 100-150k over sticker and being sold at that price regardless of mileage.

I would definitely buy used if the right one came up. Some of the must have features;
Upgraded sound system - the 4 speaker system is worthless
Vehicle lift - Not all of them have it
Surround cameras - This thing is a pain in the ass to back in to spaces WITH the cameras, god I can't imagine without them.
__________________
Oy vey, look at all these shekels
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6604.00
      07-28-2023, 01:20 PM   #360
Top speed
Private
Top speed's Avatar
90
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: AMG gts. McLaren.Porsche
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Here's a 1700 mile update on the Mac n' cheese.

So far what's done;
Gintani turboback
M-Engineering Tune
Pure inlets
19x9.5 +35 265/30/19 r888r fronts
20x12.5 +32 325/30/20 r888r rears
P104sc's in brushed dark tint coat


The 911 was just not comparable. Again, after driving everything in the list again and then experiencing this 720s with the relatively speaking modest upgrades... This thing is a fucking animal. It shoots 10' fireballs out the back, it sounds like a race car when I'm on it and is quiet when I'm lumbering around in low RPM. It does not quite have the spooky turning capability a rear-wheel steer 911 does, but it rotates unlike most anything I've felt. Closest example is a race prepped exige maybe. It is always down to slide exactly as much or as little as you want.

It does not have all the luxury amenities I want. I wish it had a button to turn on the 360 degree cameras. Sometimes the wing complains and doesn't deploy until I go above 4mph.

Forthcoming; Carbon. All of it.
Your 720s looks amazing and have to agree there's absolutely nothing like it.

I occasionally have similar issues with the active rear wing but somehow sorts itself out.

The 720s is a seriously fast car, and I imagine with a tune it must be downright scary.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 03:24 PM   #361
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
x622's Avatar
890
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top speed View Post
Your 720s looks amazing and have to agree there's absolutely nothing like it.

I occasionally have similar issues with the active rear wing but somehow sorts itself out.

The 720s is a seriously fast car, and I imagine with a tune it must be downright scary.
It is. Next step up is a Koenigsegg I'd guess.

I just press the button and the wing is fine. Only other weird gremlin I've had is sometimes the window goes down then back up, just like my supposedly "top quality" porsche with the "amazing build quality". Oh and no squeaks and rattles. I guess I got a good british car somehow.
__________________
Oy vey, look at all these shekels
Appreciate 1
M3SQRD1634.00
      07-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #362
Top speed
Private
Top speed's Avatar
90
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: AMG gts. McLaren.Porsche
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
It is. Next step up is a Koenigsegg I'd guess.

I just press the button and the wing is fine. Only other weird gremlin I've had is sometimes the window goes down then back up, just like my supposedly "top quality" porsche with the "amazing build quality". Oh and no squeaks and rattles. I guess I got a good british car somehow.
I've experienced the window issue too as well as steering column messages from time to time. Other than that the car has been bullet proof with no mechanical issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 11:50 AM   #363
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61610
Rep
24,186
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

992 Turbo-S with a Tune and Titanium exhaust

2.14 Sec. !!!

__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick57336.50
NickyC17065.50
DrFerry6604.00
      11-08-2023, 10:11 AM   #364
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57337
Rep
18,769
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
992 Turbo-S with a Tune and Titanium exhaust

2.14 Sec. !!!

I wouldn't say no, even twist my arm for the colour
Appreciate 2
      11-08-2023, 07:20 PM   #365
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61610
Rep
24,186
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I wouldn't say no, even twist my arm for the colour
Can't stop watching it . You know what I mean ..
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick57336.50
DrFerry6604.00
      11-09-2023, 06:34 AM   #366
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57337
Rep
18,769
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Can't stop watching it . You know what I mean ..
....get it, run it in...then the Nordschleif
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2023, 06:49 PM   #367
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61610
Rep
24,186
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
....get it, run it in...then the Nordschleif
Yeah . And after a few days , I'll end up in jail
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick57336.50
DrFerry6604.00
      11-10-2023, 03:26 AM   #368
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57337
Rep
18,769
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . And after a few days , I'll end up in jail
Huh? You're a good driver !
Appreciate 2
      11-10-2023, 06:20 AM   #369
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61610
Rep
24,186
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Huh? You're a good driver !
Sure . It's the BS like this in Belgium
Attached Images
  
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick57336.50
DrFerry6604.00
      11-10-2023, 06:29 AM   #370
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57337
Rep
18,769
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sure . It's the BS like this in Belgium
How low can the pos get my friend
A night visit these apparats maybe the answer, it's our freedom
Appreciate 3
      11-10-2023, 11:32 AM   #371
TKDbilly
Private (and reserved, existential)
TKDbilly's Avatar
8542
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3M40i; 2001 Z3
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Evergreen, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Z3  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
https://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/911-turbo-turbo-s

Not getting any cheaper, but what a looker. I'm on a waitlist.
Appreciate 5
jesm201.00
M5Rick57336.50
nicholasn261.00
      11-10-2023, 12:01 PM   #372
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Murf the Surf's Avatar
17974
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Dog Lake, South Frontenac, Ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDbilly View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/911-turbo-turbo-s

Not getting any cheaper, but what a looker. I'm on a waitlist.
Too rich for my blood, but I think of all the modern Porsche cars that'd be my choice.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick57336.50
      11-10-2023, 12:15 PM   #373
dark_snipers
New Member
36
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 2024 BMW M2
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDbilly View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/911-turbo-turbo-s

Not getting any cheaper, but what a looker. I'm on a waitlist.
My goodness, didn't realize the base price jumped to where it is now. Any idea how long the total wait will be for you?
Appreciate 3
M5Rick57336.50
DrFerry6604.00
      11-10-2023, 12:18 PM   #374
TKDbilly
Private (and reserved, existential)
TKDbilly's Avatar
8542
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3M40i; 2001 Z3
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Evergreen, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Z3  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_snipers View Post
My goodness, didn't realize the base price jumped to where it is now. Any idea how long the total wait will be for you?
No indication yet of the wait time. Contact suggests possible delivery in May/June.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick57336.50
DrFerry6604.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST