BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
Sfetea
Registered
Rep
Drives: 730xd, G11

Transmission G11

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello!
I bought a g11 some time ago, before I had an Audi A5. I'm very happy with my choice, but I have a question about automatic transmission. When I hit accelr. hard (not necessarily kick down) I feel like changing the box twice. For example, in 4th gear, it changes to 4000 turns (I feel when It change, but I feel the same thing when the needle reaches 3000 shifts- 5th gear). I do not know exactly how to explain the phenomenon, I basically feel it would change twice in a second. I do not know if it's normal but I only feel it when I press the acceleration down, otherwise it changes very smoothly. I have extended warranty until May 2021 but before I go by car I would get a few explanations from other users. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfetea View Post
Hello!
I bought a g11 some time ago, before I had an Audi A5. I'm very happy with my choice, but I have a question about automatic transmission. When I hit accelr. hard (not necessarily kick down) I feel like changing the box twice. For example, in 4th gear, it changes to 4000 turns (I feel when It change, but I feel the same thing when the needle reaches 3000 shifts- 5th gear). I do not know exactly how to explain the phenomenon, I basically feel it would change twice in a second. I do not know if it's normal but I only feel it when I press the acceleration down, otherwise it changes very smoothly. I have extended warranty until May 2021 but before I go by car I would get a few explanations from other users. Thanks a lot!
It is probably the programming adaptions. Those can be cleared out from memory.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Sfetea
Registered
Rep
Drives: 730xd, G11

I was on my car at the authorized service, I signaled besides the problem I felt when changing the speeds and a noise I heard when I was sitting with my engine running, a noise that sounded from the engine, more to the right. They scanned the gearbox, found nothing wrong with the box, but said they had to change the intake manifold and the temperature sensor from the catalyst (errors occurred on the tester). After solving these problems then they will be able to check if those jerks are still ... hope is not bad news... Tx
Appreciate 0