BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-05-2024, 12:54 PM   #1
forrby
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e (G30), 528i (E60)

Help coding a 2022 BMW 745Le Xdrive

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello!

I have a 2022 BMW 745Le xDrive. As many may know the car has different driving modes like comfort, sport and electric. For some of the modes, you can set up an “individual” setting and customize it. For example, for “Electric Individual” mode you can customize a more comfort suspension, or a more sporty suspension. You can also customize a more comfort steering, or a sporty steering feel. “Sport” mode steering is a little bit more stiff and the steering wheel feels a little more heavy, which I really like. The mode I use the most is “Hybrid Eco pro” however, that specific mode you are not able to customize the suspension or the steering. I’m wondering if it’s possible to code the “Comfort Eco Pro” mode to have a more sporty and stiffer steering wheel feel. Also if possible, I would like to have it maybe even a little bit more stiff than the default for “sport mode” is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by forrby; 02-19-2024 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:20 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

If BDC3 has same designations that BDC2 have, then it would be under 3221 PfFesMaster. Look for FesXWorldMode (replace X with mode name). There are different configurations for each mode and one of those might enable individual for your desired driving mode. Then you also need to enable fes_X_custom in HU for selected profile.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:34 PM   #3
forrby
Rep

I’m sorry but to me you are pretty much speaking a completely different language and I’m not even sure if you’re replying to my post or if you were meaning to reply to someone else but replied to me on accident LMAO. If you were under replying to me what exactly is BDC3 or BDC2? I really have no experience doing any coding on BMWs but I am open to learning! Any help would be extremely appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 09:08 PM   #4
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, I was responding to you. BDC is Body Domain Controller, with number behind it being a generation designation. This module handles definitions and parameters for driving modes. HU is Head Unit and needs a matching coding in order to display those additional modes.

There is ample BMW coding material around the internet and these forums, so Google is your best friend in learning to code your car. You also need coding equipment. You might get away with something user friendly like BimmerCode or Carly, but you might as well brick you car with these tools. I would recommend to use ESYS (and its launchers) as coding software and ENET or ICOM as comms interface.

Another option is to pay your local coder to do the job or have someone perform the coding remotely.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 11:16 PM   #5
forrby
Rep

Ok got it! Thank you so much for that information! So I actually was looking into using BimmerCode… What exactly do you mean by “bricking my car” LOL and what are the chances of this happening? I actually Would be interested in paying a coder to do this, but I wouldn’t even know where to find one here in Houston Texas.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 09:30 AM   #6
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrby View Post
Ok got it! Thank you so much for that information! So I actually was looking into using BimmerCode… What exactly do you mean by “bricking my car” LOL and what are the chances of this happening? I actually Would be interested in paying a coder to do this, but I wouldn’t even know where to find one here in Houston Texas.
BimmerCode and likes can have out of date or straight up broken coding files. Injecting those coding files can mess up the ECU you are coding. This is especially prominent with newer vehicles.

Finding a local coder is not something I cant help with as I live half way across the world. If you have Windows laptop and are interested in purchasing yourself ENET cable then I can take a stab at it remotely. Keep in mind that I'm not certain what coding options are available for your desired driving mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 08:00 PM   #7
forrby
Rep

So you’re saying you would be able to help me code this? Would there be any chance of bricking my car this way?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:57 AM   #8
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrby View Post
So you’re saying you would be able to help me code this? Would there be any chance of bricking my car this way?
There's always a chance to brick the module that is being worked on. This is highly unlikely though as I know what I'm doing and using appropriate, up to date BMW software.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 09:11 AM   #9
forrby
Rep

So What would the process be like?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 12:39 PM   #10
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

You will require Windows PC and ENET cable for this. Keep in mind that ENET cable comes with RJ45 connector, so if your computer doesn't have that plug then you need an adapter as well. If you have all the hardware set up then it is just a matter of setting up a tunnel connection between me and you via VPN and I can then code the car.

If you dont own a Windows laptop then perhaps you can borrow one. Buying one might be costlier option than having someone do it locally. Even so that I'm not even sure if Individual mode is available for your desired driving mode.

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-19-2024 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0