BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-02-2024, 06:44 PM   #1
AllIn216
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive, Supra 3.0L

30,000 Mile Update (750 LCI)

Thought I'd post a new update as I rack up miles on the ol 750. I didn't pack the miles in this car in 2023 like I normally would, only about 23K mi, as I drove my Supra a lot this summer and spent a fair amount of time away on vacation. Still, I did cross the 30K mile mark in December before the holidays. Things are holding up well so far, and I am still loving it. I'm very happy with the car itself, and ownership experience overall.

Maintenance: Some normal things since the last update @20K. 2 oil changes since I'm shooting for ~5K-ish intervals. Engine Air filters and cabin air filter. Clean bill of health for the 750 otherwise. Winter tires are mounted on a spare set of wheels, and on the car now too.

Warranty Work: Had a wind noise appear suddenly just before my 30K service appointment, so I asked the service advisor if they could try and track down where it's coming from. I fully expected to get the dreaded couldn't duplicate-type answer, but I'm pleasantly surprised that they found the issue right away. The seal between panels of the panoramic sunroof was bad, so they ordered the parts. I go back this week to have the repair completed...fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

In terms of efficiency, I'm right at 26.6MPG overall. Best tank was 29.3MPG, and my worst so far averaged 21.4MPG. I know I know, and I didn't buy the thing thinking of efficiency or anything like that. Still, I track all my miles anyway and it is pretty neat to see that out of a big heavy car with a TT V8.
This beast just loves to cruise on the highway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Raimo5183.00
ZHPsedan135.50
      01-05-2024, 09:54 AM   #2
AllIn216
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got the seal replaced, it was quick and painless. The car was ready in a few hours, so it must have been a much simpler job than I imagined.

The wind noise is gone and no rattles have popped up.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 08:53 PM   #3
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Should have plotted the 'smiles' per gallon as well
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 05:38 PM   #4
AllIn216
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g11hoonigan View Post
Should have plotted the 'smiles' per gallon as well
Relative to any of my previous daily drivers, this BMW's generated the most 'smiles'...by a lot. Not as much fun as some of the sports cars I've had as toys, but it's probably faster in a straight line than quite a few of them!

The 750 is my 6th DD in the last 9 years, and I don't think I kept any of the others more than 2 years. I can see myself keeping this one for a while, and that's probably the highest compliment I can give. We'll see if I really keep it until my unlimited miles CPO platinum warranty extension expires in 2028, that may be a stretch.

I'm really curious how it will hold up to big miles, it's tough to find any examples in road warrior duty.
Appreciate 0