BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-19-2024, 09:45 AM   #1
Venzo.2x
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i B58 G11

FMIC question G11 B58

I have a 2019 G11 740i which I love. The only issue I’m having with this car is basically the lack of information for the 7 series g11. It’s great because I have a B58 engine so there’s lot of videos from 340s 440s etc so I assume most of the processes for those cars apply to mine since it’s the same engine. I have the car currently MHD flashed stage 1. My car has the M Sport package and from my understanding it has M Performance brakes and other components that usually come with an M BMW. On MHD I saw the Stage 1+ option. I do plan on adding a Vrsf downpipe to it and an intake (just because I like BMS intakes) and stage 2 however I won’t be doing that for at least a few months. I was wondering if the stock intercooler would be enough to run the stage 1+ tune from MHD as it is recommended to upgrade the FMIC. But because my car is a M Sport package would this even be necessary for me to do in order to run stage 1+ safely? Any information regarding this and what actually comes with the m sport package would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 11:21 AM   #2
profofacct
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 750i

I don’t know anything about MHD tuning. I used Awaken Performance tuning for my 2018 740i. It requires two stages: 1. Download information from your car and 2. the actual tune. I was really happy with the additional low- and high-end power. For me, it was worth the $599.
Appreciate 1