BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #1
shadowline99
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G11 750d

Exclamation G11 Active Comfort Drive retrofit?

I recently bought a 2019 G11 750d. This may be a weird question, but is it possible to manually add the Active Comfort Drive (option code 2VS) option to a G11?

My car has Integral Active Steering (option code 2VH), but not 2VS. I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 10:32 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Theoretically - sure, why not. But it is a very involved, complex and expensive retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 04:58 PM   #3
BigTimeKevin
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 750XI, 2020 BMW X3MC

I don't think it's possible to retrofit. Road Preview uses a forward-facing camera mounted behind the rear view mirror to read the road surface and adjust the suspension system in real time via the Dynamic Damper Control system.

Don't think it's worth the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 10:06 PM   #4
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeKevin View Post
I don't think it's possible to retrofit. Road Preview uses a forward-facing camera mounted behind the rear view mirror to read the road surface and adjust the suspension system in real time via the Dynamic Damper Control system.

Don't think it's worth the hassle.
If car already has KAFAS, then that unit only needs coding. If not, then KAFAS has to be retrofitted, as well as possibly new windshield. If you dont have auxiliary battery under the hood, then all of it's components, including wiring has to be retrofitted. You then need to retrofit power cabling for ARS, both front and back, as well as data lines. Then you have to retrofit front and rear active roll bars and VO code the car properly.

If it seems like a lot of work and money, then that's because it is.
Appreciate 0