BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-01-2023, 07:02 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
Everyone is pretty confident that Perez will get 2nd this GP.

I have no faith in him at all lmao

Both ferrari's are fast in a straight line, and that straight in Qatar is pretty long...
Yeah . And as for the driver standings and with still 6 races to go , I'm not sure he can secure his P2 in the ranking .
LEW is only 33 points behind him...

Checo just can't fight in the background , and everytime he makes a mess of it ..
Same here : Too bad , I have no faith in Checo .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60085.50
GuidoK10856.50
      10-01-2023, 07:06 AM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

^Not even TARZAN could stop MIGHTY MAX...just needs to watch what he eats before the GP weekend
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10856.50
      10-01-2023, 07:57 AM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
^Not even TARZAN could stop MIGHTY MAX...just needs to watch what he eats before the GP weekend
18 YO MAX vs Rosberg in the rain => https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cK0_AM6vVY8

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10856.50
M5Rick60085.50
      10-01-2023, 08:11 AM   #26
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
18 YO MAX vs Rosberg in the rain => https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cK0_AM6vVY8
If Max's radio was on then he would probably be heard singing ''I'm Singing in the Rain' .
Merc? #nomercy
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10856.50
      10-02-2023, 11:24 AM   #27
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

My prediction:

1. VER
2. NOR
3. PER
4. SAI
5. PIA
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60085.50
GuidoK10856.50
      10-02-2023, 12:08 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
If Max's radio was on then he would probably be heard singing ''I'm Singing in the Rain' .
Merc? #nomercy
Andretti is coming !
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
M5Rick60085.50
GuidoK10856.50
M3WC3645.00
      10-02-2023, 12:31 PM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Andretti is coming !
About time too, some big boys were trying not to make it happen.
Appreciate 3
      10-02-2023, 02:13 PM   #30
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
A new F1 record !
Mostly product of having Perez as a teammate. Quite possibly the worst season performance in a truly dominate car in F1 history. Just a total failure.

How do you only have 8 podiums in that RB?
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2023, 02:22 PM   #31
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
According to Peter Windsor, one of the best know all journos, Checo is the perfect number two for Max so Lawson and Norris, even with their brilliant drive skills will have to keep playing their fiddles for longer to impress Horner and Marko more and to top it all Max WANTS Checo to remain for as long as.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/24069...place-him.html
I don't agree at all. Lets say Merc/Ferrari/Mclaren take a big step up in performance next year and the RB car isn't quite so dominate. RB can't afford to have a second driver finishing out of the podium half of the races. Max and RB will need a buffer between him and the competition. Right now Perez is not providing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
But next year, with both McLaren and Ferrari closing the gap to RB, Checo's 2nd place isn't a sure bet.

So.... Windsor probably has lost his mind regarding next year. RB want's 1st and 2nd in WDC. That's the goal. That's the drivers assignment.
Exactly. Perez will become a liability next year if the competition has stepped up their game. Good number two driver's qualify where they should, provide defense to other cars, assist in opening up gaps for pit strats, force competition into alternate less ideal pit strats and collect points for constructors championships.

Last edited by M3WC; 10-02-2023 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 03:23 PM   #32
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I don't agree at all. Lets say Merc/Ferrari/Mclaren take a big step up in performance next year and the RB car isn't quite so dominate. RB can't afford to have a second driver finishing out of the podium half of the races. Max and RB will need a buffer between him and the competition. Right now Perez is not providing that.

Exactly. Perez will become a liability next year if the competition has stepped up their game. Good number two driver's qualify where they should, provide defense to other cars, assist in opening up gaps for pit strats, force competition into alternate less ideal pit strats and collect points for constructors championships.
Let's say there is method in the madness in Windsor's assumption. Ferrari,Mclaren and Merc can only make a certain step rather than a big one i feel and this will be countered by RBR know how, the new regs will affect the three also rans more than RB and the present line up even with Checo not always being the sharpest tool in the box will suit Max and he has said he prefers Perez.
The 'buffer' is apparently not needed in a lot of the races I'm finding and actually Perez mixing it with the ones behind helps Max a lot in pacing his tires to last longer.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2023, 03:38 PM   #33
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Let's say there is method in the madness in Windsor's assumption. Ferrari,Mclaren and Merc can only make a certain step rather than a big one i feel and this will be countered by RBR know how, the new regs will affect the three also rans more than RB and the present line up even with Checo not always being the sharpest tool in the box will suit Max and he has said he prefers Perez.
The 'buffer' is apparently not needed in a lot of the races I'm finding and actually Perez mixing it with the ones behind helps Max a lot in pacing his tires to last longer.
We already have seen McLaren make a giant leap in performance mid-season. I wouldn't tempt fate during off season if I were RB.

Through first 8 races Lando had an average finish of 13th. The last 8 races Lando has an average finish of 4th. If Ferrari/Merc/McLaren can replicate another leap like this in the off season, RB better start looking for a new second driver. Merc's race pace is already very good, if they solve qualifying issues in off season...Perez stands no chance against them.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #34
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I don't really think Max needs a buffer. But Horner said a long time ago, that it's Checo's task to get the #2 position in the WDC, so that RB scores a 1-2. They have such a dominant car, that they want the WCC and 1+2 in WDC.

This year, Checo's luck is that there's a big fight for 2nd place going on, where depending on the time in the season, different teams make progress. So in the first part of the season you see ALO scooping up points, then HAM and MERC making progress and now NOR with Mclaren.
So those podium places that not fall to Checo, are being divided by at least 3 drivers, maybe 4.

But what if next year there is a clear #2 team, for example mclaren, just as there was last year (ferrari). Then the majority of those podium places will be scooped up by 1 (maybe 2) driver.
Can Checo couterattack that with his hit&miss performance?
Last year he couldn't, and that's why he's not a very good #2 driver.

I don't see one of the other teams getting a performance leap that big that they can challenge Max, but I do see a Checo Perez performing substandard for a 3rd year in a row....
From all the top teams, nowhere the #1-#2 driver gap is as big as at RB. Only Williams and AMR have this same situation, and yes, their 2nd drivers also suck...

Next years silly season is gonna be epic, with so many driver having their contract expired at the end of 2024, and that a RB seat will be available at 2025, regardless if either PER or RIC drivers for RB in 2024.
So around the summer stop, or a little bit before that, lots of contracts will be signed, and the urge to perform in the 1st 3 months will be there for the drivers.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 10-02-2023 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 3
      10-02-2023, 07:49 PM   #35
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't really think Max needs a buffer. But Horner said a long time ago, that it's Checo's task to get the #2 position in the WDC, so that RB scores a 1-2. They have such a dominant car, that they want the WCC and 1+2 in WDC.

This year, Checo's luck is that there's a big fight for 2nd place going on, where depending on the time in the season, different teams make progress. So in the first part of the season you see ALO scooping up points, then HAM and MERC making progress and now NOR with Mclaren.
So those podium places that not fall to Checo, are being divided by at least 3 drivers, maybe 4.

But what if next year there is a clear #2 team, for example mclaren, just as there was last year (ferrari). Then the majority of those podium places will be scooped up by 1 (maybe 2) driver.
Can Checo couterattack that with his hit&miss performance?
Last year he couldn't, and that's why he's not a very good #2 driver.

I don't see one of the other teams getting a performance leap that big that they can challenge Max, but I do see a Checo Perez performing substandard for a 3rd year in a row....
From all the top teams, nowhere the #1-#2 driver gap is as big as at RB. Only Williams and AMR have this same situation, and yes, their 2nd drivers also suck...

Next years silly season is gonna be epic, with so many driver having their contract expired at the end of 2024, and that a RB seat will be available at 2025, regardless if either PER or RIC drivers for RB in 2024.
So around the summer stop, or a little bit before that, lots of contracts will be signed, and the urge to perform in the 1st 3 months will be there for the drivers.
I agree with you that I just dont see those teams making steps large enough to match RB. That is to assume they don't take any steps backwards (not understanding) or when designing new aspects of the car they dont then encounter new issues (porpoising again?) or again dont understand. Either way, they are all at least 12-15 months , if not more, behind RB in terms of working with the car and knowing it and understanding it (what setup works at what tracks). On top of that, it is quite clear RB barely upgraded this year's car - little tweaks here and there vs wholesale changes by other teams. RB had to be very selective of what went to the wind tunnel and as of yesterday they now have that last 10% back which should help further develop. Furthermore, we know they have a new floor that seems to be very good and then beyond that, we know they have pace in hand and that amount might actually be equal to what other teams may find in dev in a given year (I think they're holding back .4-.5 per lap on most tracks).
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60085.50
      10-03-2023, 07:00 AM   #36
M5Rick
General
Rep

Confirmed already that Lawson is in for AT at Qatar, so more chance to impress for the NZ'er.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...i-liam-lawson/

Last edited by M5Rick; 10-03-2023 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2023, 09:27 AM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Mostly product of having Perez as a teammate. Quite possibly the worst season performance in a truly dominate car in F1 history. Just a total failure.

How do you only have 8 podiums in that RB?
Sure . But actually your post is just old news .

In other words :
From the moment that you are MAX's teammate , you become a shadow driver.
By a shadow driver I mean , sooner or later you will be destroyed because MAX is unbeatable .

Gasly, Ric , Albon ,Checo , these guys are very fast , but invisible along MAX ...
MAX raced with 2 stars on his helmet , and next Sunday he can race with 3 stars on his helmet .
P6 (3 points) in the sprint race is enough to get his 3 stars . I'm pretty sure , you know what that means
Mate .I've seen things from MAX here in Belgium (Genk) at the kart track that you wouldn't believe !

In 2020 I said : This is only the beginning and Niki Lauda knew what he said ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60085.50
      10-03-2023, 09:58 AM   #38
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ I actually pity anybody who is Max's teammate
There is no question who was the best pairing and that was Haakinen/Coulthard but that was before the Schumi then Hammy period, it is them who made F1 the ruthless win at all costs no quarter given to what it is today happening behind Max.
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2023, 11:27 AM   #39
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
^ I actually pity anybody who is Max's teammate
There is no question who was the best pairing and that was Haakinen/Coulthard but that was before the Schumi then Hammy period, it is them who made F1 the ruthless win at all costs no quarter given to what it is today happening behind Max.
#UnLeashTheLion !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60085.50
      10-03-2023, 12:37 PM   #40
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
#UnLeashTheLion !
As easy as un deux trois and it's done my friend.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2023, 01:52 PM   #41
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
As easy as un deux trois and it's done my friend.
Only if they knock MAX off track ,then they can stop him from getting his 3 points (P6)

Under normal circumstances , It's in the pocket ...
3 stars my friend ! 3 WDC's in a row

#UnLeashTheLion !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60085.50
      10-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #42
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Only if they knock MAX off track ,then they can stop him from getting his 3 points (P6)

Under normal circumstances , It's in the pocket ...
3 stars my friend ! 3 WDC's in a row

#UnLeashTheLion !
Sprint is risky, the only way is to start from the front for him. Wolfy would want nothing better than see Max knocked down.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2023, 04:04 PM   #43
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Sprint is risky, the only way is to start from the front for him. Wolfy would want nothing better than see Max knocked down.
Sure .Wolff would love to see that .And I heard the Russell boy is not happy at Mercedes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60085.50
      10-03-2023, 05:12 PM   #44
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Sure .Wolff would love to see that .And I heard the Russell boy is not happy at Mercedes.
He's not happy that's for sure, elbowed out by Merc strat in Japan and a self inflicted DNF at Singapore.
Appreciate 2