BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-17-2023, 07:53 AM   #1
Eddles
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 530d

No picture on CID after removal of MMI kit

Hello everyone,

I recently installed an MMI kit and got it working perfectly. However, upon putting everything back in, the CID display remained black and did not show anything. I tried disconnecting all the MMI components and cables, but the display remained black. I noticed that sound was still coming from the speakers, and the CID display was utterly black, unlike the green/black when powered down, proving it has power. I have checked all the fuses related to the ICE in the front and rear fuse boxes and the one at the back of the CIC, but all fuses are OK.

I suspect the LVDS HSD cable might have been damaged during my attempts to put the CIC back in with the MMI kit. Can anyone confirm if this could be the issue or if something else might be causing the problem? Another possibility is that the controller is not working, so I can’t activate the display.

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions you may have.
Appreciate 0