BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

07-09-2023, 07:05 AM   #1
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I’m really digging the new upholstery option for the ‘24 i7’s - Taupe Grey/Night Blue Full Merino Leather w/ Silver Grey Ash Grain Open Pore Wood Trim. Now I’m trying to decide on the best exterior color. Initially, I was thinking Tanzanite, but now I’m wondering if Carbon Black would look better because it’s darker and closer in color to Night Blue. The only other option could be Oxide Grey (maybe). Would love any thoughts on the best exterior color or anything else to consider. My production isn’t until October. So, I have time to decide / change my mind. Note: My original spec was Tanzanite w/ Black Merino and Dark Grey Cashmere + Carbon Fiber Trim.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #2
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

For the i7 "50" I'll soon be purchasing I'm leaning toward the only two exterior colors that seem to have some semblance of pizazz: The first is the ("Adventurin") red, and the other is the dark ("Tanzanite") blue. Both pop in my humble opinion. The former has a sporty look but I wonder if it's slightly too bold for the ostensibly-sedate i7 sedan. As for the latter, already owning a black sedan makes me appreciate the regal sensuousness of it; so the Tanzanite blue is logically a slightly different take which retains the resplendent and alluring hue. It's a coin toss for me at the moment. [By the way, Tanzanite is spelled with two "a"s in it.]

Your interior selection is outstanding! As an aside and re your initial choice, I'm just don't "get" cashmere for the 1/2 seat fabric. Cashmere is a type of wool! Who wants to take a step backward with that for that type of money? It's all (or at least "extended") leather for me. Glad you changed your mind. In any event, enjoy your new car -- all of us without are rightfully jealous of you!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 09:58 PM   #3
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
For the i7 "50" I'll soon be purchasing I'm leaning toward the only two exterior colors that seem to have some semblance of pizazz: The first is the ("Adventurin") red, and the other is the dark ("Tanzanite") blue. Both pop in my humble opinion. The former has a sporty look but I wonder if it's slightly too bold for the ostensibly-sedate i7 sedan. As for the latter, already owning a black sedan makes me appreciate the regal sensuousness of it; so the Tanzanite blue is logically a slightly different take which retains the resplendent and alluring hue. It's a coin toss for me at the moment. [By the way, Tanzanite is spelled with two "a"s in it.]

Your interior selection is outstanding! As an aside and re your initial choice, I'm just don't "get" cashmere for the 1/2 seat fabric. Cashmere is a type of wool! Who wants to take a step backward with that for that type of money? It's all (or at least "extended") leather for me. Glad you changed your mind. In any event, enjoy your new car — all of us without are rightfully jealous of you!
Thanks for your response. I’m currently on vacation at my second home and saw someone in the neighborhood with an i7 60 so the aventurin is out ;-). From the renderings it seems that night navy leather is closer in color to carbon Black vs Tanzanite which is lighter. I’m likely over thinking it. I’ve officially emailed my advisor to update my built to tanzanite w/ taupe grey / night blue.
Appreciate 0