BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2024, 06:46 PM   #265
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64404
Rep
24,903
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Ferrari Miami Livery? Now way
Yes my friend . Ferrari will come to your backyard in a combination from "azzurro la plata" and "azzuro dino"
All I know is that "azzurro la plata" looks like baby-blue and "azzuro dino" is more like sky blue .

A Ferrari livery will never be completely blue . But provided with some blue accents.

I love the Miami Blue from Porsche !
A 992 Turbo-S would be fine ...
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-24-2024 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11060.50
M5Rick61366.00
NYG10955.50
      04-24-2024, 01:42 AM   #266
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61366
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Well I feel sorry for Dan and understand the anger but this is Lance's view and anyone can get caught up in concertina when closing up.
Appreciate 3
NYG10955.50
GuidoK11060.50
      04-24-2024, 02:51 AM   #267
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61366
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Ferrari Miami Livery? Now way
Can't they just wear blue race overalls...
Appreciate 3
NYG10955.50
GuidoK11060.50
      04-24-2024, 09:18 AM   #268
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10956
Rep
3,759
Posts

Drives: Audi R8
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes my friend . Ferrari will come to your backyard in a combination from "azzurro la plata" and "azzuro dino"
All I know is that "azzurro la plata" looks like baby-blue and "azzuro dino" is more like sky blue .

A Ferrari livery will never be completely blue . But provided with some blue accents.

I love the Miami Blue from Porsche !
A 992 Turbo-S would be fine ...

Yeah, if they go blue I think it will be azzuro la plata, not the dark blue. Wasn't that Enzos favorite color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Can't they just wear blue race overalls...
This is what I think also.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK11060.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 09:28 AM   #269
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
3798j's Avatar
11605
Rep
1,823
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Surtees in the NART racing colors Ferrari 158...sixty years ago.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/158-f1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Csgtv2yKyf4VHy
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
NYG10955.50
GuidoK11060.50
      04-24-2024, 09:29 AM   #270
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10956
Rep
3,759
Posts

Drives: Audi R8
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Surtees in the NART racing colors Ferrari 158...sixty years ago.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/158-f1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Csgtv2yKyf4VHy
That looks cool but super American lol.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK11060.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 10:08 AM   #271
dfox
First Lieutenant
729
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: E88 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: North of Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Well I feel sorry for Dan and understand the anger but this is Lance's view and anyone can get caught up in concertina when closing up.
Lance's view is that he takes no responsibility for anything. Find someone else to blame.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
      04-24-2024, 11:45 AM   #272
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
11061
Rep
4,924
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 5
dfox729.00
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #273
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
29866
Rep
13,150
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
Its been a while 😃
I was a little nervous when Lando was going to perform his hallmark 🍾 kick-down during the ceremony near Max his circular China GP trophy.

__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 4
NYG10955.50
GuidoK11060.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 01:46 PM   #274
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10956
Rep
3,759
Posts

Drives: Audi R8
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I was a little nervous when Lando was going to perform his hallmark 🍾 kick-down during the ceremony near Max his circular China GP trophy.

Arteeemissss
Appreciate 3
GuidoK11060.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 05:27 PM   #275
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64404
Rep
24,903
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Arteeemissss
The meaning of the username "Artemis"
Attached Images
  
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-24-2024 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 3
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 06:48 PM   #276
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
29866
Rep
13,150
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Arteeemissss
The final outcome:

__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 5
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 07:19 PM   #277
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
29866
Rep
13,150
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
For those who didn't get the Penelope/Toto "Maxie!" joke as encore of the cartoon (05:53 - 06:20)

Impressive how they used this idea. Understood the link straightaway when I watched it.

Name:  Toto_Penelope.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  116.5 KB

Name:  Penelope_Maxie.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  371.3 KB

01:46 - 02:49:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Penelope and Max at the Japanese GP.

Sweet that she also greets Perez ("Checooo !") after the finish.

__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #278
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
29866
Rep
13,150
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Easter Eggs: G.O.A.T. and IceMan.

Name:  HAM_GOAT_Ferrari.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  382.3 KB
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 5
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-24-2024, 11:17 PM   #279
G30M
Brigadier General
G30M's Avatar
3914
Rep
4,230
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Well I feel sorry for Dan and understand the anger but this is Lance's view and anyone can get caught up in concertina when closing up.
Lance's view is that he crashed because everyone in front of him braked, if they don't brake he won't crash.

It is also Lance's view that ideally, Lance wins the race because everyone behind him won't accelerate, if they accelerate, he won't win.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
dfox729.00
      04-25-2024, 04:51 AM   #280
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
11061
Rep
4,924
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post

It is also Lance's view that ideally, Lance wins the race because everyone behind him won't accelerate, if they accelerate, he won't win.
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-25-2024, 05:16 AM   #281
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64404
Rep
24,903
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
Lance's view is that he crashed because everyone in front of him braked, if they don't brake he won't crash.

It is also Lance's view that ideally, Lance wins the race because everyone behind him won't accelerate, if they accelerate, he won't win.
=> https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=204
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK11060.50
NYG10955.50
M5Rick61366.00
      04-25-2024, 09:13 AM   #282
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rono63's Avatar
734
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Is Audi changing their Livery in 2025 or wait until 2026? I assume they will continue with Ferrari PU until 2026.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61366.00
      04-25-2024, 09:52 AM   #283
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10956
Rep
3,759
Posts

Drives: Audi R8
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rono63 View Post
Is Audi changing their Livery in 2025 or wait until 2026? I assume they will continue with Ferrari PU until 2026.
2026 I believe.
Appreciate 3
      04-26-2024, 01:35 PM   #284
HeelToeShift
Major
2410
Rep
1,122
Posts

Drives: Mine
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Here

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Oh come on...you think Verstappen is faster because he takes corners in a different way that no one else has ever noticed and copied?
Once the team told him how to fix the battery issue he pulled away from the Ferrari with ease.
Thats the advantage the RB has.
Just to prove the point that it is about how you take corners, all you need to do is watch one of these to see that the line Max takes which is much tighter than anyone else (Lec is close) is where he uses his ability to control the car and get out of corners better despite braking earlier. If you were to measure his distance traveled on a lap it would be shorter than anyone else's due to his lines. Other than Lec, I don't think anyone else quite has the ability to do this at nearly the same level and that is what separates him. Plus again, his car does not have any distinct material advantage over the other cars on the grid other than him driving it.


Last edited by HeelToeShift; 04-26-2024 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61366.00
      04-26-2024, 05:59 PM   #285
dfox
First Lieutenant
729
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: E88 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: North of Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Just to prove the point that it is about how you take corners, all you need to do is watch one of these to see that the line Max takes which is much tighter than anyone else (Lec is close) is where he uses his ability to control the car and get out of corners better despite braking earlier. If you were to measure his distance traveled on a lap it would be shorter than anyone else's due to his lines. Other than Lec, I don't think anyone else quite has the ability to do this at nearly the same level and that is what separates him. Plus again, his car does not have any distinct material advantage over the other cars on the grid other than him driving it.
Not always the same story though. In Japan they were nearly taking identical lines - Perez got a little sloppy on a few corners, particularly at the end of the lap.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 07:51 PM   #286
G30M
Brigadier General
G30M's Avatar
3914
Rep
4,230
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Not always the same story though. In Japan they were nearly taking identical lines - Perez got a little sloppy on a few corners, particularly at the end of the lap.

nevermind that they were sooo close, closer than neck and neck

but that someone could put that all into a 3D video clip? that amazed me too
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST