BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

05-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Strange / Annoying Problem with Music Collection List

I don’t have an iPod/MP3 player, store CD’s to my car’s hard drive and have used about 60% of the hard drive capacity.

I’m not sure how many CD’s I’ve stored thus far, but hypothetically speaking, let’s say I have 60 albums.

I just noticed the following strange / annoying problem:

If I go to play albums 1 through 50, it brings me to the list of album tracks. If I want to go back to the list of albums, I move the iDrive controller to the left, whereupon the album I was just playing is highlighted and I can scroll up or down from there.

However, if I go to play albums 51 through 60, it brings me to the list of album tracks, but when I move the iDrive control to the left, album 50 is always highlighted, not the album I was just playing, which makes me loose track of where I left off, my wanting to move to the next album.

Anyone know what’s going on here / how to fix this?

I've tried deleting one of the albums I don't listen to in the "1 through 50" range to see if the system would still bring me back to what was album "50", but it now brings me to what was album "51", which is now album "50", after having deleting an earlier album.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

I counted the number of albums saved to my Music Collection and there seems to be a hidden limitation to the system; whenever playing albums 101+, moving to the left from the album track list always brings you back to album 100! How can this be fixed?
Appreciate 0