BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #67
chaungo
=D
chaungo's Avatar
Canada
1030
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 13' 335ix
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Quebec

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Yes im ok solitude until the weekend. Those are tough lol. 3 hours round trip? Not that bad

Glad you understand situation. With z4 i wouldnt definetly do long distant driving and preserve (even though it can) but x3 and meant to drive and put character on it so should beok
I was expecting longer distance but that's actually pretty close, I wish my fiancee lived that close.

I drive 7 hours one way to see her once a month. Usually I stay a week or so before I head back home. The distance is about 500 miles on way, so 1000 miles back and forth.

I currently have 125k miles on my F30, you shouldn't worry about highway mileage, honestly. Just drive your car that you'll be comfortable with for the journey.
__________________
2013 335i xDrive
Bootmod3, Pure Stage 2, Pure Inlet, GFB DV+, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-in Filter, ER CP/TIC CP, ER Catless DP, ATM FMIC, Borla ATAK, Dinan Springs, Dinan Shockware, XHP ZF8AT Stage 3, xDelete
Appreciate 1
clee1982440.50

      10-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #68
NEfan508
Second Lieutenant
United_States
389
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

19 the 1990's I would pickup my girlfriend in my dads 420 sel to go for a movie, she said beautiful car but way to much "pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?" Vibe


She said let's take your truck it has a big V8 and it's a single cab bench seat 😬

20+ years later I'm still with her
Appreciate 1
xander_g689.00

      10-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #69
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
213
Rep
2,066
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Any other appropriate songs? Adding to OP's road trip playlist
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #70
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
599
Rep
229
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Appropriate for *every* road trip playlist:

__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 16K miles
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc2622.00

      10-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #71
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
213
Rep
2,066
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

^Haha, what a wild video.😂
Appreciate 1
vreihen16598.50

      10-14-2019, 11:16 PM   #72
rlmesq
Major
836
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Midnight train?
Maybe he'd rather live in her world
Than without her in his.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #73
Sy1616
Second Lieutenant
115
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Is this a real “problem”? So dumb, “I want to preserve” my X3, waaaaaaa....too many miles. Huh? Dump the girl already and stop being selfish.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #74
shimmy23
e90 daddymobile
shimmy23's Avatar
1118
Rep
2,272
Posts

Drives: e90 IB M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Yes im ok solitude until the weekend. Those are tough lol. 3 hours round trip? Not that bad

Glad you understand situation. With z4 i wouldnt definetly do long distant driving and preserve (even though it can) but x3 and meant to drive and put character on it so should beok
I was expecting longer distance but that's actually pretty close, I wish my fiancee lived that close.

I drive 7 hours one way to see her once a month. Usually I stay a week or so before I head back home. The distance is about 500 miles on way, so 1000 miles back and forth.

I currently have 125k miles on my F30, you shouldn't worry about highway mileage, honestly. Just drive your car that you'll be comfortable with for the journey.
I wish my job allowed me to take a week off every month
__________________
-brandon

e90 IB journal

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #75
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
5287
Rep
11,022
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
I was expecting longer distance but that's actually pretty close, I wish my fiancee lived that close.

I drive 7 hours one way to see her once a month. Usually I stay a week or so before I head back home. The distance is about 500 miles on way, so 1000 miles back and forth.

I currently have 125k miles on my F30, you shouldn't worry about highway mileage, honestly. Just drive your car that you'll be comfortable with for the journey.
what company allows this nonsense lol
a week off, every month
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #76
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
335
Rep
994
Posts

Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
what company allows this nonsense lol
a week off, every month
The nonsense has nothing to do with company. Maybe he has his own business, or maybe he can work remotely. Isn't that hard to imagine.

The nonsense is with the travelling. For a wife or family, yeah, I get it.
But a girlfriend?
Have you guys though on the impact you're imposing on the world by your carbon footprint?
Either marry her or move on.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #77
GOLFFRR
Big Discounts on ALL BMW/Mini
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6202
Rep
23,368
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

what?... lol
interesting thread
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach: jbach@stevethomasbmw.com.com - Cell: 805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #78
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
5287
Rep
11,022
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
The nonsense has nothing to do with company. Maybe he has his own business, or maybe he can work remotely. Isn't that hard to imagine.

The nonsense is with the travelling. For a wife or family, yeah, I get it.
But a girlfriend?
Have you guys though on the impact you're imposing on the world by your carbon footprint?
Either marry her or move on.
stop with your nonsense of maybe this...maybe that
what carbon footprint nonsense... you have 2 vehicles maybe you should
sell one car if you are worried about carbon nonsense

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #79
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
335
Rep
994
Posts

Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
stop with your nonsense of maybe this...maybe that
what carbon footprint nonsense... you have 2 vehicles maybe you should
sell one car if you are worried about carbon nonsense

I only drive one. So, from your stand point, it makes no difference, as long as I'm not letting it iddle in the garage overnight.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #80
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
5287
Rep
11,022
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
I only drive one. So, from your stand point, it makes no difference, as long as I'm not letting it iddle in the garage overnight.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #81
ByeFelicia
Lieutenant
ByeFelicia's Avatar
169
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (2)

I'm with the "it's only a X3" camp. Nothing special, just drive it.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #82
adc100
Major
917
Rep
1,132
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Yes im ok solitude until the weekend. Those are tough lol. 3 hours round trip? Not that bad

Glad you understand situation. With z4 i wouldnt definetly do long distant driving and preserve (even though it can) but x3 and meant to drive and put character on it so should beok
I was a senior in Engineering at PSU. I had just met my future wife. About 5 weeks after we met she got her own appartment. I made the 60+ mile run twice a week to Williamsport . I would get there Fri and leave Monday morning and then come up Wed nite and leave Thurs morning..lol.

Fck the car go for the gusto. You only go around in life once. That Summer I made the deans list. Best year of my life.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:10 AM   #83
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
2579
Rep
1,427
Posts

Drives: RS 5
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

You could replace any driver by another car, that'll maybe affects you comfort. But had you find the right person for life and think also about cars...then the right person came maybe too soon for you. Just sayin...
__________________
RS 5 - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer has warned you about
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST