BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #7987
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Swamp, swamp, swamp music.

Ya think Trump knows?
      10-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #7988
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

[url]https://youurl]

Ya think Trump knows?
Judicial watch, Tom fitton.
      10-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #7989
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

Ya think Trump knows?
Now please tell me how unbiased these guys are. Even Sonderland praised Yavanovitch , and judicial watch tried to tear her down in two of their articles.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/
      10-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #7990
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

What on earth does bias have to do with Rosenstein's and Mueller's official email?

Oh, that's right, you don't know what is within the video. Just blah, blah, blah.
      10-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #7991
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
What on earth does bias have to do with Rosenstein's and Mueller's official email?

Oh, that's right, you don't know what is within the video. Just blah, blah, blah.
So your contention is that the video is unbiased? What about the rest of the articles and videos on their website?
      10-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #7992
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Appreciate 5
Run Silent13727.00
MKSixer22933.50
UncleWede9534.50
arkie6359.00

10-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #7993
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Hmm look what John Durham turned up on his recent field trip to Italy with Barr. Two phones belonging to one Joseph Mifsud one of the key players in the creation of the Russia hoax. Robert 'Thats not in my purview' Mueller claimed Mifsud was a Russian asset. Michael Flynn's attorney has filed a motion for access to the phones claiming they contain exculpatory information. But Mifsud passed on info about HRC's emails to Papadopolus, not Flynn. Why would Mifsud have information on Flynn as well? This one should be interesting.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nvestigator-o/
Appreciate 3
      10-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #7994
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Hmm look what John Durham turned up on his recent field trip to Italy with Barr. Two phones belonging to one Joseph Mifsud one of the key players in the creation of the Russia hoax. Robert 'Thats not in my purview' Mueller claimed Mifsud was a Russian asset. Michael Flynn's attorney has filed a motion for access to the phones claiming they contain exculpatory information. But Mifsud passed on info about HRC's emails to Papadopolus, not Flynn. Why would Mifsud have information on Flynn as well? This one should be interesting.

Crowdstrike is not in Italy. It's in Ukraine. Just ask Rudy.
      10-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #7995
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
So your contention is that the video is unbiased? What about the rest of the articles and videos on their website?
Dude you watch CNN

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13727.00

10-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #7996
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post

Why hasn't Flynn been sentenced...still?
Why didn't Horowitz interview Carter Page?

I've read that there is serious cat fighting over redactions to the FISA report. Back and forth, back and forth. Coming soon, oops, not ready. Repeat.

* Speaking of Barr. Where's that investigation update on Epstein parachuting to his death from 5'?
Pffftt.
Queenie is one hell of a firewall to the whole ordeal.
      10-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #7997
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Funny!

Mattis laughs off Trump criticism: 'I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals' https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/polit...ech/index.html

During his speech on Thursday, Mattis insisted that Trump's comments didn't bother him. Mattis riffed that he "earned my spurs at the battlefield" while Trump "earned his spurs from a letter from the doctor"
Dagamus_NM1204.00

10-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #7998
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Quote:
Dude you watch CNN
I do, along with 15 or 20 other sources, and I regularly share what I read. No embarrassment. Share with us what you watch, or read.
      10-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #7999
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
I do, along with 15 or 20 other sources, and I regularly share what I read. No embarrassment. Share with us what you watch, or read.
I read a variety of sources and make an informed opinion based off that. Just wanted to make you aware of the irony of constantly railing against conspiracy theory and media bias while simultaneously being a viewer/defender of CNN.

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #8000
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Lemme see if I have this right.
  • Republican majority changes House rules to allow investigation without vote to approve formal inquiry
  • Democrats gain majority, start investigation without formal vote
  • Trump snowflakes whine about lack of vote, invent conspiracy theories
That is correct. Seems Nancy is rubbing their noses in it simply for the sake of rubbing their noses in it. She and the committee will call their witnesses and get the investigation without the theatrics from the other side. Collect enough evidence by testimony or obstruction and then move forward with the official inquiry which will be very short and kick the ball over to Mitch.

People want to call this Mueller 2.0 or Russia 2.0 or Hoax 2.0 but in reality it is Benghazi 2.0. The ball is just in the other teams possession. Let's see where this goes.

While I would like to see dirty laundry aired on both sides, that would best be done in a Senate trial. This investigation has stayed pretty focused on this one topic which is fairly surprising considering. The Mueller probe was broad and kind of all over the place. A very focused probe/impeachment/trial will likely be easier for the general public to understand. This was a very successful tactic employed by President Trump during his campaign. When self promoting he kind of rambled all over the place, but when attacking Clinton he kept it to a couple of topics and stayed on message. Over and over and over. It works.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 08:45 AM   #8001
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Another large miss:

Trump's National Doral Miami golf course to host G7 summit

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50087836

How the fuck did his "team" allow this? This is an astoundingly stupid move, even by this administration's standards.
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #8002
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Fyi:
Lol.

No Balls.
No Brain.
No Heart.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #8003
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Another large miss:

How the fuck did his "team" allow this? This is an astoundingly stupid move, even by this administration's standards.
In normal world that alone should be obvious corruption. Crazy!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #8004
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Another large miss:

It is EXTREMELY! bad optics, but other than that, nothing wrong with it. But yes, with everything else going on - absolutely dumb to do it, since the media will have a field day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
In normal world that alone should be obvious corruption. Crazy!
Why? It was certainly dumb to do since the media will hound him for it and it certainly looks bad, but it was noted very clearly that the summit was given everything at cost and that the business nor Trump himself are generating any profit of any kind off of it.

As such, not seeing how it is 'corrupt'.

Terrible idea, none the less, but certainly not illegal in any way.
      10-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #8005
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
It is EXTREMELY! bad optics, but other than that, nothing wrong with it. But yes, with everything else going on - absolutely dumb to do it, since the media will have a field day.

Why? It was certainly dumb to do since the media will hound him for it and it certainly looks bad, but it was noted very clearly that the summit was given everything at cost and that the business nor Trump himself are generating any profit of any kind off of it.

It is at the normal government per diem.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13727.00
Dagamus_NM1204.00

10-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #8006
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:

The emoluments clause refers "payments" not "profits", doesn't it?

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.
(emphasis mine)
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #8007
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
The emoluments clause refers "payments" not "profits", doesn't it?

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

e·mol·u·ment
/əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.
(emphasis mine)
Hooligan - you are usually quite rational - but you and I both know that you are now dealing in semantics.

I'll refer to a quote from a past president - "It depends on what your definition of 'is', is."

We all know that the emolument clause is referring to the fact that a sitting president should not be receiving any financial benefit from the office. We also know that every sitting president and member of congress has violated that principle. Otherwise, each elected official would leave office with no additional net worth or income during that period other than their official salary.

There is enough legitimate beef with Trump to attack him with, trying to grasp at straws to get every little nitpick isn't going to solve anything, help anyone, or prove any point.

Addendum: If you read that definition in entirety, it reads "a salary, fee, or profit" - one can easily interpret that as that a salary or fee is also representative of a profit. I certainly expect to profit from my salary and also expect any fee I charge to ultimately profit me as well.

If, as president, I perform a service that costs me money directly, and I am reimbursed for that cost - but nothing more than my cost, then there is no way that is in any way a violation. This is essentially the same thing. Again, bad optics for sure, but nothing more.
      10-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #8008
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Hooligan - you are usually quite rational - but you and I both know that you are now dealing in semantics.

I'll refer to a quote from a past president - "It depends on what your definition of 'is', is."

We all know that the emolument clause is referring to the fact that a sitting president should not be receiving any financial benefit from the office. We also know that every sitting president and member of congress has violated that principle. Otherwise, each elected official would leave office with no additional net worth or income during that period other than their official salary.

There is enough legitimate beef with Trump to attack him with, trying to grasp at straws to get every little nitpick isn't going to solve anything, help anyone, or prove any point.

It's certainly less than a slam-dunk, yes. However, having a whole bunch of people renting rooms (and other services, I would assume) - even at cost - could represent financial gain compared to if they event was held elsewhere, especially that we're talking about Florida and hurricane season. Right?

Also, how much is the implicit advertising (G7 Summit to be held at Doral) worth?

This really isn't a nit-pick or straw grasp, IMO. It's legitimate and this possible summit isn't the only/first example of it.
Appreciate 1