BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-04-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

FSC codes for Driving Assistant Retrofit

I am planning to retrofit G11 with 5AS (basically it is 5AT less ACC and side collision warning). Unlike in F models, 5AS on G11 now includes more functions: LCW, FCW, SLI, LDW and pedestrian warning.

I know that on F bodies three FSC codes were required, that is 7E, BE and BF.

Does anyone know if same codes are needed? Are they procured and imported similarly to F series?

Thanks in advance for any info and guesses.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

My F-series have 5AT and 5AS. They include LCW, FCW, SLI, LDW, and pedestrian warning.

The F-series codes you mentioned (7E, BE, BF) are specific for KAFAS and I imagine they would still be relevant.

The codes that are new relate to NBT EVO ID5 head unit (eg, Navigation, ISpeech, Carplay). But, Apps is still 9C.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto
My F-series have 5AT and 5AS. They include LCW, FCW, SLI, LDW, and pedestrian warning.

The F-series codes you mentioned (7E, BE, BF) are specific for KAFAS and I imagine they would still be relevant.

The codes that are new relate to NBT EVO ID5 head unit (eg, Navigation, ISpeech, Carplay). But, Apps is still 9C.
Thanks. This is also my assumption that the codes should be relevant.

It is also interesting, if I only install hardware and VO code 5AS, whether functions requiring FSC codes (FCW, pedestrians and SLI) will throw errors or not (or simply not work without any error messages).

I mean that for certain time I would be more or less satisfied with just LCW and LDW working, and could wait until FSC issue is clear
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshevtsov View Post
Thanks. This is also my assumption that the codes should be relevant.

It is also interesting, if I only install hardware and VO code 5AS, whether functions requiring FSC codes (FCW, pedestrians and SLI) will throw errors or not (or simply not work without any error messages).

I mean that for certain time I would be more or less satisfied with just LCW and LDW working, and could wait until FSC issue is clear
It should not throw errors unless you attempt to add options codes not found in FAFP table.

When you check FSC status, it may show as not available or not accepted.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2016, 02:59 AM   #5
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Quote:
I am planning to retrofit G11 with 5AS (basically it is 5AT less ACC and side collision warning). Unlike in F models, 5AS on G11 now includes more functions: LCW, FCW, SLI, LDW and pedestrian warning.

I know that on F bodies three FSC codes were required, that is 7E, BE and BF.

Does anyone know if same codes are needed? Are they procured and imported similarly to F series?

Thanks in advance for any info and guesses.
what are the pre requisites to do this?

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #6
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron1973 View Post
what are the pre requisites to do this?
Well, are are no specific prerequisites per se - hypothetically you could buy all parts.

In my specific case, I already have KAFAS (should work for LDW, FCW, pedestrians and SLI), Hydro/DSC high with SAS control module, and because I have Night Vision, I also have the Intelligent Safety button. So I need to buy the following stuff (on etk.cc you could see what these part numbers mean):

66 32 6 877 835 - 2 pieces, rear only
51 16 7 407 165
51 16 7 407 166
51 16 7 437 169
51 16 7 437 170
32 30 6 877 810
32 30 6 868 122
32 30 6 877 228
32 30 6 874 543
61 12 6 802 846

I expect to buy all this from my dealer for around EUR2,700. Possibly, I would be able to sell some of parts I will no longer need (mirror assemblies, mirror glasses).

5AT would be much more expensive (I would need front central ACC radar + 2 more LCW sensors in front + different touch-sensitive steering wheel + expensive front bumber cable harness + steering wheel buttons).

So I decided to go for 5AS first, figure out FSC code issues, and then possibly proceed for Stage 2 retrofit to 5AT

Last edited by oshevtsov; 09-05-2016 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #7
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Ah ok - so I don't have nightvision but do have 360 deg camera and parking package so my parts list will be different then?

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #8
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron1973
Ah ok - so I don't have nightvision but do have 360 deg camera and parking package so my parts list will be different then?
Well, you will need another button module (two buttons instead of one for hazard lights you now have). This is inexpensive, in the range of EUR30-35.

You could also PM your VIN, and I will be able to send you the list of part numbers tomorrow afternoon.

But without FSC codes you will most likely only get LCW and LDW. All other functions within 5AS (FCW, SLI and pedestrians) require the codes. I am working on it now, but BMW is very strict on this (see next paragraph).

And - very important - I have learnt that there is PUMA case that expressly prohibits official dealers to retrofit safety-related optional equipment, including 5AS, 5AT and 5DF. So you will need to find an independent repair shop to have everything installed and then coded, or somehow negotiate with your dealer.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #9
valrossi
Rep
Drives: F10 523

Quote:
Well, you will need another button module (two buttons instead of one for hazard lights you now have). This is inexpensive, in the range of EUR30-35.

You could also PM your VIN, and I will be able to send you the list of part numbers tomorrow afternoon.

But without FSC codes you will most likely only get LCW and LDW. All other functions within 5AS (FCW, SLI and pedestrians) require the codes. I am working on it now, but BMW is very strict on this (see next paragraph).

And - very important - I have learnt that there is PUMA case that expressly prohibits official dealers to retrofit safety-related optional equipment, including 5AS, 5AT and 5DF. So you will need to find an independent repair shop to have everything installed and then coded, or somehow negotiate with your dealer.
Having retrofitted the kafas4 camera, 2 x rear lane change radar and the intelligent safety button, I m still unable to get at least a function of 5AS to work.

Purchased fsc codes for SLI and FCW but both will turn to rejected status when kafas is restarted. It was showing accepted when apply. Not sure why? Does using a used kafas4 camera from another car will be expecting such issue? How can I resolved this? I have updated the kafas4 and the RS ecu to match car istep.

Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0