BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

G11 LCI Conversion

Hello,

I would maybe be interested in doing a LCI for my 16 G11, since bmw is switching over to a 48V system does anyone know if the new LCI is on 12V system or 48V or just sone of the parts are 48Volts?

Main obsticale would be the front/rear lights wireing and coding, so does anyone have more info on is it possible and can it be done?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I don't think the LCI has a 48V system, however I think you'll find the changes to the bodywork on the LCI will be cost prohibitive regardless.
      06-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
tastes jigga
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 750i xDrive

Garage List
I imagine all the parts would cost at least $10k (headlights, taillights, a few body panels including the hood, iD7 conversion, live cockpit instrument cluster; you could skip the extra insulation added in B-pillar and near rear wheels). Then add all the labor, perhaps $3-$5k? Not an expert here... full disclosure.

You may recover little, if anything, of this investment when you go to sell the vehicle. It may make more sense to upgrade to a 2020 model if you feel the need.

I just leased a '19 750i (big upgrade for me) because my dealership randomly offered me an insane deal. The G11/12 non-LCI is still a very nice vehicle, and a lot of forum members (myself included) prefer the old dash and iD6. Plus you don't get peasants bugging you about the bigger grills (which I actually like).

Last edited by tastes jigga; 06-12-2019 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastes jigga View Post
I imagine all the parts would cost at least $10k (headlights, taillights, a few body panels including the hood, iD7 conversion, live cockpit instrument cluster; you could skip the extra insulation added in B-pillar and near rear wheels). Then add all the labor, perhaps $3-$5k? Not an expert here... full disclosure.

You may recover little, if anything, of this investment when you go to sell the vehicle. It may make more sense to upgrade to a 2020 model if you feel the need.

I just leased a '19 750i (big upgrade for me) because my dealership randomly offered me an insane deal. The G11/12 non-LCI is still a very nice vehicle, and a lot of forum members (myself included) prefer the old dash and iD6. Plus you don't get peasants bugging you about the bigger grills (which I actually like).

I had a 330 loaner with the new idrive system and it was not most intuitive. Just find ID6 to be much easier to use and a cleaner interface.
530iDriver1707.50
      06-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

Quote:

The things I would add to my G12 would be the B pillar insulation, patterned center arm rest and may be the rear tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:

I would be mainly interested in outside conversion, not so much the cost but the technical issues of the retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #7
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Quote:

I would be mainly interested in outside conversion, not so much the cost but the technical issues of the retrofit.
Just sell the car and get a new one LCI.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
Wills28647.00
      04-13-2022, 12:36 PM   #8
Bagum4uK
M Driver
Latvia
Rep
Drives: G11 750d , M5 F90 , C650 SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Quote:

Just sell the car and get a new one LCI.
I did it for my wife's car! No problem, all works fine
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:28 PM   #9
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

All that 48V stuff is light-hybrid drivetrain stuff, and wouldn't affect any of the LCI cosmetic or lighting stuff.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0