BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #331
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design team is killing it! Awesome job!
What a SHITTY design. (if I can call it like that).... what a sketch!

It doesn't look like a BMW

BMW sucks lately. Literally
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 11:36 AM   #332
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by betadoc View Post
When your front headlights look like a 2016 jeep cherokee… you have a problem!
BMW is blind since they brought the Damage guy in the team and stick with that Van Destroying guy.

Bumper headlights never looked good...

But hey, let them burn
Appreciate 1
betadoc39.00
      04-24-2022, 11:44 AM   #333
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design team is killing it! Awesome job!
What a SHITTY design. (if I can call it like that).... what a sketch!

It doesn't look like a BMW

BMW sucks lately. Literally
:
      04-24-2022, 11:50 AM   #334
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Now there are even M grille badges on non-M models. My neighbor got an X3 M40 and I had to do a double take as to why there was an M badge on the grille when it clearly wasn't an X3M.
maybe the M340, M40 etc.

So full M Performance package with all the jazz but not a full M is ahead of numbers in this instance.

But didn't see one with the M on the grille...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #335
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
BMW is blind since they brought the Damage guy in the team and stick with that Van Destroying guy.

But hey, let them burn
It's crazy how widely opinions on this next gen design vary. I said it before, I fucking love it.

But that's just my opinion, my opinion isn't fact anymore than the next guys is. To each his own. Some will love it some will hate it, it's funny though, the people who love it seem to frame that feeling as an opinion, the ones that hate the design frame that emotion as if it's fact.

I hope the X5 LCI works this design in, I think it would make an already amazing vehicle even better.
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #336
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Quote:

But hey, let them burn
Except they are not burning. It's so funny how haters don't just hate the design but are also ignorant to the fact that BMW has been the most successful sales brand in their segment the past several years - the new design is not any indication for that changing in the Asian market which is almost triple the size of all other markets together. If history is any judge, they'll end up selling more…
So the only thing burning here is the sting you feel and express on the forum of BMW having said good bye to folks like you with their new design. Instead, they said "welcome to the BMW family" to 3 new folks from overseas for every hater out here, napkin math judging based on sales history.
BMWRL596.00
      04-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #337
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by E66er View Post
Sweet man...just hit that follow button. Yeah, that's the part that worries me a little...the proportions
Nice filming. And I agree with you on all points.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 12:04 PM   #338
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Except they are not burning. It's so funny how haters don't just hate the design but are also ignorant to the fact that BMW has been the most successful sales brand in their segment the past several years - the new design is not any indication for that changing in the Asian market which is almost triple the size of all other markets together. If history is any judge, they'll end up selling more…
So the only thing burning here is the sting you feel and express on the forum of BMW having said good bye to folks like you with their new design. Instead, they said "welcome to the BMW family" to 3 new folks from overseas for every hater out here, napkin math judging based on sales history.
I totally agree.
I truly believe (We'll see next year) that this 7 series will finally beat S class in sales.
And that will be due to design.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 1
BMWRL596.00
      04-24-2022, 12:07 PM   #339
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

I don't get it. Is the I7 the 760e?
      04-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #340
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Here.... Fixed for them. Much more cohesive!
You "fixed" it? So it was broken huh?
https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/de/en.html#
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #341
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Please keep the "ignorant" element for yourself. You have no right to categorize someone for an opinion. Stick to the subject and leave the personal elements outside!

Sales says nothing to me. I don't care how much they sell. That has nothing to do with design. Lots of shitty cars sold in millions. Dollarama sells a lot too..

I care how it looks very much as it drives. same with the 2 series: great engineering but terrible design with no flow and lines all over the place.

That's why is a forum: to express opinions. Don't like it? Don't read it.

I own BMW for decades and still own three as we speak. Bought a 2021 M340 special edition and gave up my allocation of the new M3 as the hood line, grills and rear door-fender connection looks extremely cheap and horrible to me.
BMW sucks terribly lately. not sure if my next units will be a BMW with this trend.
I also own other cars and that is because they are competent AND BEAUTIFUL.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #342
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM3an View Post
I had the opportunity to see the 7 in person last week. It looks good and has some serious presence in person. I always laugh at some of these comments from you people. Literally commenting on a vehicle that a. you cant afford and b. not in the market for and all while you're driving your old rat e36's/e46's or used beat to piss bone stock f80s lol.
what a terrible post...
what someone owns has nothing to do with an opinion.

a) How do you know that they can't afford it? They disclose it to you?
b) Doesn't matter what someone drives. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Not the last, having a new car doesn't make you better. Enthusiast stick with icons. Maybe that's what makes them different than you?
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      04-24-2022, 12:38 PM   #343
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Please keep the "ignorant" element for yourself. You have no right to categorize someone for an opinion. Stick to the subject and leave the personal elements outside!

Sales says nothing to me. I don't care how much they sell. That has nothing to do with design. Lots of shitty cars sold in millions. Dollarama sells a lot too..

I care how it looks very much as it drives. same with the 2 series: great engineering but terrible design with no flow and lines all over the place.

I own BMW for decades and still own three as we speak. Bought a 2021 M340 special edition and gave up my allocation of the new M3 as the hood line, grills and rear door-fender connection looks extremely cheap and horrible to me.
BMW sucks terribly lately. not sure if my next units will be a BMW with this trend.
You, personably don't care for the new look.

But that doesn't mean the exterior is poorly designed. It means you don't like it.

That is a fact.
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #344
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Man...what on earth is going on at BMW design HQ? I completely appreciate that art is subjective, but as so many have pointed out, none of the design elements are working cohesively here. They did the same thing with the new 2 series and stupid grill on the otherwise good-looking 4 series. Based on the exterior alone, it would be tough opting for this instead of the new S-Class or A8
      04-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #345
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
I don't get it. Is the I7 the 760e?
No I think the 760i/e are petrol/hybrid the i7 model is the xdrive60, confusing though so I still might be.
      04-24-2022, 04:21 PM   #346
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep

The design in and out is so amazing that this kind of competes with upper class vehicles IMO.

I mean what do Maybach and Bentley have over this? They both have worst infotainment and tech, worst engines, and they're obviously designed for an older demographic. And this definitely has the potential to cut into Rolls Royce sales.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 04-24-2022 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2022, 06:23 PM   #347
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But hey, let them burn
Yes - BUT, the 7 has had its head handed to it by the S class for the last decade. Again, let's compare like for like.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 08:27 PM   #348
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Relax Mr. teutonic…. You were the one saying "let them burn" which is pretty emotional/not fact driven because they are doing quite the opposite of burning, so yeah, that's ignorant par excellence.

Also, opinions are all nice and good, but if they're not very logical/fact driven/informative then they're worth nothing.
BMWRL596.00
      04-24-2022, 08:50 PM   #349
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But hey, let them burn
Yes - BUT, the 7 has had its head handed to it by the S class for the last decade. Again, let's compare like for like.
You are right and I can't comment really on how that is going to evolve. Has the 7 series over past years been tightening the gap? My comparison was BMW sales overall. Hard to tell what of the sales is due to design or not.
      04-24-2022, 09:50 PM   #350
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

The last successful 7 relative to the S Class was the E65. BMW went conservative and mild the last 2 generations and was curb stomped.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      04-24-2022, 11:13 PM   #351
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Quote:
I totally agree.
I truly believe (We'll see next year) that this 7 series will finally beat S class in sales.
And that will be due to design.
Let's see if that's true. I'm in between on this design
      04-25-2022, 06:24 AM   #352
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
What happened to this guy? He used to be able to lift a 5 series and call it an X5.
Now he's trying to be relevant by trashing his colleagues. Poor dude. Makes sense.
I have to say I pretty much agree w/ most of his comments with regards to the design of this XM. This XM is hideous and just plain aweful!
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe + Turner Rear Shifter Bushing + Wiechers Strut Brace + Bilstein B16 PSS10 + Apex VS-5RS
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5896.00