BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #353
3RDSECTOR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M-Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDSECTOR View Post
I got a few reputable Lasik eye surgeons I can recommend for you.
If you think the only way to not agree with your taste is to have bad vision, the amount of narcisism you have need some attention. Also, considering most of your posts in this forum, either under this thread or elsewhere are all toxic, and literal insults when anyone is positive, you're also in a very sad and troubled position. I know reputable therapists that I can recommend for you.
Ironic.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #354
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Quote:
I got a few reputable Lasik eye surgeons I can recommend for you.
If you think the only way to not agree with your taste is to have bad vision, the amount of narcisism you have need some attention. Also, considering most of your posts in this forum, either under this thread or elsewhere are all toxic, and literal insults when anyone is positive, you're also in a very sad and troubled position. I know reputable therapists that I can recommend for you.
Ironic.
I can't think of another forum where one can view bmws pre release as well as find referrals for medical needs such as a reputable eye surgeon or perhaps a psychiatrist/psychologist. We've got you covered.

I love this place.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      04-25-2022, 01:25 PM   #355
Meir@ONEighty
Rep
Drives: COCK

I wasn't too crazy about the split headlight design. But seeing it in Frozen Black really brings it all together for me. I can now look at the car with one eye open haha
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 01:40 PM   #356
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Spoke to my dealer today (Greenwich BMW), and he said the car was being well received in Asia, but very poorly in North America and Europe.
How could he possibly know that?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #357
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
How could he possibly know that?
I'm pretty sure BMW and it's dealers have this thing called "Analytics" that allow them to see basic and advanced sales and opinion data.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      04-25-2022, 03:14 PM   #358
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I'm pretty sure BMW and it's dealers have this thing called "Analytics" that allow them to see basic and advanced sales and opinion data.
On a car only PR-launched under a week ago, several weeks or months away from the first allocation being distributed to an actual dealer?

Social media comments and forum posts != statistically meaningful "opinion data".
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 04:25 PM   #359
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
On a car only PR-launched under a week ago, several weeks or months away from the first allocation being distributed to an actual dealer?

Social media comments and forum posts != statistically meaningful "opinion data".
Fair enough.

Oh.... There's just this one statement from BMWs Design Chief own mouth regarding the current G12. Which any reasonable person no doubt can see certainly applies to the new generation:

Quote:
Another interesting argument we can’t possibly deny is the fact that the customers have the final say. Since the biggest market for the 7 Series is in China, whatever the Chinese customer demands will be made.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/06/26/b...tiple-reasons/

I believe I and many here and abroad have heard all that we need, to know exactly why and how we've come to this point with BMWs design language.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00
      04-26-2022, 07:49 AM   #360
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

Chinese demands in general are more gadgets and comfort for the back seat, because in Asia, that's where 7 owners usually sit. That's why there is a long wheelbase 3 series in China.

Nothing to do with how the front is designed, how the Hofmeister kink looks. That's just some westerners being racist, thinking their tastes are superior to chinese tastes.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      04-26-2022, 10:31 AM   #361
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E66er View Post
Chinese demands in general are more gadgets and comfort for the back seat, because in Asia, that's where 7 owners usually sit. That's why there is a long wheelbase 3 series in China.

Nothing to do with how the front is designed, how the Hofmeister kink looks. That's just some westerners being racist, thinking their tastes are superior to chinese tastes.
Thank you. +1. You're amazing for speaking up!

Get ready for the storm of a few folks on here starting to fight you on that - I've recently been through that on the X7 LCI thread where the cars are described as "squinty eyed cars for squinty eyed markets". This is then followed by people not affected by this explaining to the ones affected by it that they are just snowflakes. And that Bimmerpost isn't for snowflakes. Also, moderators on this forum don't exist.
      04-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #362
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Please stop with calling people racist. It makes you sound like a moron. People throw that word around now a days like they're addicted to it. Weak. Gross. Grow up.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00
      04-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #363
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Quote:

Please stop with calling people racist. It makes you sound like a moron. People throw that word around now a days like they're addicted to it. Weak. Gross. Grow up.
Technically there is no issue on an anonymous forum on the internet of him calling you a racist and you calling him weak/gross.

With the stark divide in Western societies along the front lines of snowflakes versus ignorants it is the #1 thing on everybody's mind. Very appreciated that people let it out and create some conversation around it at least, even though a very disrespectful one to everybody. It is especially great considering that politicians & media outlets on both ends alike want exactly that not to happen.

FYI as can be seen above and throughout this forum I have made abundantly clear which side I am on - but I also am not afraid of or affected by continuing the dialogue with the other side. Or of changing my opinions as I learn more from both sides.
      04-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #364
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Technically there is no issue on an anonymous forum on the internet of him calling you a racist and you calling him weak/gross.

With the stark divide in Western societies along the front lines of snowflakes versus ignorants it is the #1 thing on everybody's mind. Very appreciated that people let it out and create some conversation around it at least, even though a very disrespectful one to everybody. It is especially great considering that politicians & media outlets on both ends alike want exactly that not to happen.
It's a disgusting accusation made usually by disgusting people. Have at it if it makes your emotions feel better. Seems to me if people really cared about racism they wouldn't use the word as an attack on people they disagree with. They'd only use it when actual racism was on display. You know, to combat actual racism. Not opponents.

Also-no one called me racist. Maybe you will now because you don't like what I had to say here, thus further watering down the word. Congratulations I guess.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2709.00
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      04-26-2022, 12:35 PM   #365
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

The fact that a society do not embrace certain attributes that another society does, it doesn't mean is racist.
While some societies embrace certain attributes in a more opulent and very visible way, others embrace a different approach, hence the expectation of a different design language, able to reflect that.

And every person believes that his/her taste is better; is a personal opinion and individua way of seeing things. Personal taste is very individual package of elements that include culture, education, personal beliefs, perceptions and personality attributes.
...and everyone is entitled to have one.

However, being in disagreement with certain attributes in a design language it doesn't make you racist.

Please go and educate yourself in the matter; actually, the hate between your lines is extremely visible.
Appreciate 3
      04-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #366
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a disgusting accusation made usually by disgusting people. Have at it if it makes your emotions feel better. Seems to me if people really cared about racism they wouldn't use the word as an attack on people they disagree with. They'd only use it when actual racism was on display. You know, to combat actual racism. Not opponents.

Also-no one called me racist. Maybe you will now because you don't like what I had to say here, thus further watering down the word. Congratulations I guess.
I'm not calling you anything. I am simply here to learn, observe, seek to understand. Well that's the secondary nature. The first one is obviously to talk about cars.

I have seen racism on this forum many times, as well as got myself engaged beyond comfort in the conversations. If I see something, I tend to say something. Sometimes too much, sometimes too little.

I can't really comment on the exact exchange here but I can say that I have read comments (not from you I believe) about the new 7 series that are to racism what smoke is to a gun.
      04-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #367
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

Get ready for the storm of a few folks on here starting to fight you on that - I've recently been through that on the X7 LCI thread where the cars are described as "squinty eyed cars for squinty eyed markets". This is then followed by people not affected by this explaining to the ones affected by it that they are just snowflakes. And that Bimmerpost isn't for snowflakes. Also, moderators on this forum don't exist.
No problem - like your example, if comments like "squinty eyed cars for squinty eyed markets" isn't racist, I don't know what is...

Not liking a design is perfectly fine. Not liking a design and attributing it to Chinese tastes is...you know what. They want to say the Chinese are tacky and showy, which is...you know what. Fact is, there are no more "showy" elements on a G70 than an S-Class, A8, etc..maybe someone can get out a measuring tool and measure the chrome or light reflection lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 02:12 PM   #368
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No problem - like your example, if comments like "squinty eyed cars for squinty eyed markets" isn't racist, I don't know what is...

Not liking a design is perfectly fine. Not liking a design and attributing it to Chinese tastes is...you know what. They want to say the Chinese are tacky and showy, which is...you know what. Fact is, there are no more "showy" elements on a G70 than an S-Class, A8, etc..maybe someone can get out a measuring tool and measure the chrome or light reflection lol
The other day I heard someone say they preferred hamburgers to egg rolls. I immediately knew he was a racist.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #369
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 08:18 AM   #370
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post

Already??
      04-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #371
The Ching
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

I would love to be chauffeured around in that!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #372
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Jk
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:37 AM   #373
Bob in IL
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G01 X3, 2019 G30 5 Series

That particular two-tone color and dark wheels sure don't do the new 7 Series any favors.
      04-27-2022, 09:54 AM   #374
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
There an awful lot of hate here for the G70. Not on my part, though I likely won't get one until next year. My G12 lease is up end of October and I will likely buy it and order a new one for delivery in the Spring. With long trips in the schedule, an i7 does not make sense -- yet. But a 760 does appeal to me. I'm not thrilled with the grill but I don't look at the grill when I'm driving, and the rest of the car is a nice evolution from the G12.

Car designs are like car colors. Different strokes for different folks. If you hate the design, nobody is forcing you to buy and there is plenty of competition and I would be the last one to pass judgement on anyone. When the Bangle butt first arrived, it sent me to Mercedes for a few years, so I get it.
Appreciate 0