BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #1
turboawd
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Biden tells donors: Iím going to get rid of most of Trumpís tax cuts.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/bide...-tax-cuts.html
Quote:
ďIím going to get rid of the bulk of Trumpís $2 trillion tax cut,Ē Biden continued, ďand a lot of you may not like that but Iím going to close loopholes like capital gains and stepped up basis.Ē

Biden also said he would raise the corporate tax rate to 28%, which he said would raise an estimated $1.3 trillion over the next decade. The Trump tax cuts had shrunk corporate taxes to 21% from 35%.
That extra money you were getting in your pocket? You don't deserve it according to Joe.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 02:40 AM   #2
zx10guy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Well, my selfish side says good. Because, I ended up paying more in taxes after Trump's tax cut.
Appreciate 3
cjb762989.50
quick6641.00
JMAC5150128.00

06-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #3
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Federal tax rates are at a historic low point and trumps tax cuts, by design, will go up on their own in 2026 because of budgetary reasons. Given the spending, debt and low tax level is it really any surprise that taxes would go up?
Appreciate 3
minn197020.50
quick6641.00

06-30-2020, 06:31 AM   #4
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
I'm so concerned about Biden winning I'm putting off major purchases until after early November. Feels like the prudent approach considering the policies his handlers will surely tell him they're implementing. Sad part is Dementia Joe won't even realize what's going on.
      06-30-2020, 06:42 AM   #5
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I'm so concerned about Biden winning I'm putting off major purchases until after early November. Feels like the prudent approach considering the policies his handlers will surely tell him they're implementing. Sad part is Dementia Joe won't even realize what's going on.
The real issue is who the shadow president will be. Thatís what Iím most concerned with by voting for Biden. Heís already showing signs of mental decline. That doesnít improve over time, so before he gets removed, there will probably be a desire to simply pull the strings while keeping him propped up. Unless the VP decides to go in and stage a coup and then you have President Stacy Abrams.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #6
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
The real issue is who the shadow president will be. Thatís what Iím most concerned with by voting for Biden. Heís already showing signs of mental decline. That doesnít improve over time, so before he gets removed, there will probably be a desire to simply pull the strings while keeping him propped up. Unless the VP decides to go in and stage a coup and then you have President Stacy Abrams.
I am really afraid that the (very short) era of US greatness is ending. We will be ok as we live off of what is left over, but, it will run out. Think Venezuela. It was doing fine at $80 oil but it all went belly-up when oil prices dropped.

Furthermore, the Dems want to move towards a true Democracy and the old saying about Democracy failing when people realise they can vote themselves the public purse is true.

While most Trump haters are just over-emotional types who need soothing from their leader, I believe many of them are just mad that their taxes didn't drop or may have actually gone up due to his tax plan.
      06-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
I am really afraid that the (very short) era of US greatness is ending. We will be ok as we live off of what is left over, but, it will run out. Think Venezuela. It was doing fine at $80 oil but it all went belly-up when oil prices dropped.

Furthermore, the Dems want to move towards a true Democracy and the old saying about Democracy failing when people realise they can vote themselves the public purse is true.

While most Trump haters are just over-emotional types who need soothing from their leader, I believe many of them are just mad that their taxes didn't drop or may have actually gone up due to his tax plan.
While I don't like taxes, I understand the need. We have a weird thing with social security that people pay into but might not be able to get their due? You could come up with all kinds of ways to fund it like reduce what we pay to foreign countries, increase the current SSA cap to full salary vs $130k like it is this year and so on.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #8
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
While I don't like taxes, I understand the need. We have a weird thing with social security that people pay into but might not be able to get their due? You could come up with all kinds of ways to fund it like reduce what we pay to foreign countries, increase the current SSA cap to full salary vs $130k like it is this year and so on.

The fear I have is we have enough financial problems, like FICA as you mentioned, looming. A fully democratic system with a somewhat lazy, entitled and not well educated voting population and the freebies will get crazy. The elected ruling class will never get hosed financially because they vote themselves their compensation.

This is why the Democrats want to make DC a state and lower the voting age. Free college, free healthcare, free (fill-in-the-blank) will be coming down the pike I think.
      06-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #9
detroitm2
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Unless the VP decides to go in and stage a coup and then you have President Stacy Abrams.
or worse, President Gretchen Whitmer
Appreciate 0