BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

So this past Saturday as I'm traveling on the new jersey turnpike got a flat tire called Bmw roadside to take off tire and put on spare would normally have done it myself but my silly self forgot to put my jack back in my trunk smh totally forgot I didn't have it so long story short they couldn't come help me because I was on a restricted road supposedly so they gave me a number to call for a service that was able to help. Issue one is they gave me a fax number !! So I just called my insurance company in which I have road side as well they also told me the turnpike was restricted and that they couldn't send a truck for me but they called the turnpike authority and set everything up which was fine after sitting there for at least two hours now my issue is why is it Bmw roadside assist couldn't call the turnpike authority and set it up like my insurance company did yet this is a service that I pay for with connected services second time I had to deal with them and was let down with services there just not organized at all don't think I'll use them again smh
Attached Images

07-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
They outsource the roadside assistance. Obviously they need to improve it because that reflects on BMW. I was not aware that the Turnpike was restricted, and it is pretty outrageous that they couldn't get you the right number to call - or, even better, call for you. In addition to posting here, I think this is worth a call or note to BMW Customer service. I can't believe they would be happy about this. If you'd been able to get off the TP (run flats?) I suppose they could have helped.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
They outsource the roadside assistance. Obviously they need to improve it because that reflects on BMW. I was not aware that the Turnpike was restricted, and it is pretty outrageous that they couldn't get you the right number to call - or, even better, call for you. In addition to posting here, I think this is worth a call or note to BMW Customer service. I can't believe they would be happy about this. If you'd been able to get off the TP (run flats?) I suppose they could have helped.
The part that burns me the most is not only did Bmw give me the wrong number to call they never even called me back to check up at least I would think that would be good customer service but had the nerve to text me yesterday a link to answer a survey on how there services were 😂😂but yet my insurance company not only called turnpike authority for me they called me several times to make sure one I was ok my car was ok and that things went smoothly and they cut me a check to reimburse me the money I put up for the service because they couldn't come on turnpike either from my understanding they only allow the Sunoco from the rest stops to service cars on the turnpike think I will do what u mention and contact corporate about this because this is unacceptable from them with the amount of money they charge for not only connected drive services but there vehicles as well !!!
      07-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
khoa@x-ph.com
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Good to hear your insurance company handled the problem well.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 07:01 AM   #5
The7th
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

I have Euro Road Assistance from BMW for tyres, repairs, services and all emergencies. Mobilo for MB works way way better. ON my last s500 I had some front SAM issues last summer in a remote location is Italy and I just pressed the button. They called me back in 4 minutes saying a car will be with me within 2 hours. An MB van came after 1hr40mins they replaced the unit for free (under warranty) , i got an MB t shirt , 2 sandwiches and a key fob. Superb service from MB.

Will I ever get the same from BMW????
Appreciate 0