BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

07-10-2023, 02:53 PM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

i7 M70 ZMQ Option (M Pro Drivers Package)

I went to close the deal on an i7 order today and it looks like ZMQ has been removed from the online configurator as well as the dealer ordering system.

This includes the Shadowline Trim (Blackout Grill) which I really want...

Anyone know what's up?

ZMQ = M Sport Professional Package (includes):

- 33B M Sport Package Pro
- 3M3 M Sport Brakes with Black Calipers or 3M1 M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
- 754 Rear spoiler
- 7M9 Extended Shadowline Trim
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

If you load a Sapphire Black Metallic build I created just last week, you will see it listed in the summary (and in the 360 degree view):

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...exterior/color

You will also see it in an even older two-tone individual build:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...exterior/color

...But there does not seem to be any way to currently recreate a build which shows the ZMQ option. Also, when looking at the 360 degree view of any current rebuild, it shows the grill with a chrome border (not shadowline trim) by default. IMHO: Thats a pretty big loss...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 03:16 PM   #3
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

...and on the BMW USA web site it specifically talks about the "M Sport Professional Package" - about half way down on the i7 M70 web page:

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/all-...ric-bmw-m.html
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 03:26 PM   #4
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

(My very own thread! ;-)

BMW HQ says: "Delayed homologation until week 44 (Nov 1st). No orders with ZMQ can physically be built until then".

The chrome grill is pretty fugly (IMHO) - so I guess we'll put in the order with ZMQ and wait for it to be accepted...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i7 M70

That explains why my build date is week 44. I knew there weren’t that many M70 orders.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 09:12 AM   #6
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My dealer can't even enter an order with ZMQ right now. Yours must have been submitted before they (temporarily) removed the option...

What date was your order submitted?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 03:05 PM   #7
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
My dealer can't even enter an order with ZMQ right now. Yours must have been submitted before they (temporarily) removed the option...

What date was your order submitted?
My order was placed 6/22 and still has ZMQ. Here is a screen shots of my build options from “my BMW garage”.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 08:05 AM   #8
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yeah, they just removed the option last week or so... We were building an order with it and ZMQ suddenly disappeared.

I would consider you lucky to get your order in before it was removed... That will put you at the head of the queue! Nice!

Now we are going to have to mess around waiting for ZMQ to become available again hoping that the production doesn't get pushed much further out as we wait to be able to submit an order which will accept ZMQ.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 03:16 PM   #9
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, they just removed the option last week or so... We were building an order with it and ZMQ suddenly disappeared.

I would consider you lucky to get your order in before it was removed... That will put you at the head of the queue! Nice!

Now we are going to have to mess around waiting for ZMQ to become available again hoping that the production doesn't get pushed much further out as we wait to be able to submit an order which will accept ZMQ.
I was scared it was going to drop off when I had my advisor to change the upholstery from black w/ dark grey cashmere to Taupe Grey + Midnight Blue. evanevery in your opinion which exterior color works best with thst combo - carbon black or tanzanite?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 03:26 PM   #10
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thats pretty subjective. Not sure what my opinion is worth here...

In any case, I'm not a fan of Carbon Black. Personally, I don't like the hint of blue in it. I'm actually set up for "Black Sapphire Metallic" which is a true black.

Carbon Black might work great with your blue interior though...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 04:19 PM   #11
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thats pretty subjective. Not sure what my opinion is worth here...

In any case, I'm not a fan of Carbon Black. Personally, I don't like the hint of blue in it. I'm actually set up for "Black Sapphire Metallic" which is a true black.

Carbon Black might work great with your blue interior though...
Definitely subjective - I like tanzanite much better, but dot know if it will be too light of a blue vs the dark interior. Atleast in the sun.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:43 PM   #12
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I finally got BMW's email announcement today that the i7 M70 can be configured online. (I signed up for notifications long ago)...

Anyway, ZMQ (M Drivers Pro / Shadowline Trim) has still not reappeared in the configurator (although my older build codes still show it if entered).

My dealer is holding off on entering an order until ZMQ becomes available again. Here's hoping we don't have to wait until week 44 (when the ZMQ production is scheduled to actually begin).

I've asked my dealer if we can grab an allocation now, with a build of week 44 or later, and then add ZMQ at the last minute (before it locks).

It seems sad that BMW is not able to accept a $200K order for the sake of a delayed $650 option...

...no way I'm settling for the pimpmobile light-up grill. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 05:15 PM   #13
gmag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
I finally got BMW's email announcement today that the i7 M70 can be configured online. (I signed up for notifications long ago)...

Anyway, ZMQ (M Drivers Pro / Shadowline Trim) has still not reappeared in the configurator (although my older build codes still show it if entered).

My dealer is holding off on entering an order until ZMQ becomes available again. Here's hoping we don't have to wait until week 44 (when the ZMQ production is scheduled to actually begin).

I've asked my dealer if we can grab an allocation now, with a build of week 44 or later, and then add ZMQ at the last minute (before it locks).

It seems sad that BMW is not able to accept a $200K order for the sake of a delayed $650 option...

Keep in mind that the black grill that comes with the i7 M70 M-Sport Pro package is also a light up grill!
At the moment, the i7 M70 is the only G70 model that gets a light-up grill with the M-Sport Pro package.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 07:14 PM   #14
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag View Post
Keep in mind that the black grill that comes with the i7 M70 M-Sport Pro package is also a light up grill!
At the moment, the i7 M70 is the only G70 model that gets a light-up grill with the M-Sport Pro package.
That’s the issue the M Sport Package w/ black lit black grill doesn’t start production until week 44.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 07:18 PM   #15
MidasTouch1906
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I would grab the allocation now. I doubt you’ll be first in line. I was lucky enough to have ZMQ to be a part of my build and originally had production to start week 44. However, after I changed my exterior and interior color config my production moved out to the first week of January.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 08:42 AM   #16
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag View Post
I didn't think that was the case...

If so, I'm quite sure I can find the wiring to the grill and put a simple on/off switch inline (if its not already configurable via iDrive).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 08:43 AM   #17
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidasTouch1906 View Post
I would grab the allocation now. I doubt you’ll be first in line. I was lucky enough to have ZMQ to be a part of my build and originally had production to start week 44. However, after I changed my exterior and interior color config my production moved out to the first week of January.
Thats exactly what I'm working on... ;-)
Appreciate 0