BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

08-10-2023, 08:57 AM   #1
MuhammadK
Registered
Rep
Drives: I7 xDrive60

Active Roll Stabilization and Active Road Preview Availability

Does anyone know when or if active roll stabilization and active road preview will return? I noticed many vehicles carried these options around the initial launch, but none since, and there are no signs of these options in the configurator.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 08:01 PM   #2
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

It appears that these features are stratified only to the M70 variant, as default/standard features.
They no longer appear to be optionable for lesser models.

Search for “Active Roll Stabilization” within this press release for the M70:
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ve?language=en
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 09:07 PM   #3
MuhammadK
Registered
Rep
Drives: I7 xDrive60

Quote:
Originally Posted by seans View Post
It appears that these features are stratified only to the M70 variant, as default/standard features.
They no longer appear to be optionable for lesser models.

Search for “Active Roll Stabilization” within this press release for the M70:
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ve?language=en
If they’ve really limited these options to the M70, then I will be canceling my order for the i7 xDrive60 outright. However, there isn’t any mention of this option in the configurator, which leads me to believe that they’ve removed the option as a result of a shortage of supply.

I’ve contacted my SA to gain more information on the matter. Waiting is not an issue so long as I can have all the options I need in the xDrive 60. There is always the possibility that they’ve made these standard and exclusive to the M70 to drive M70 sales, but that’d be ridiculous seeing as they were available on the lesser models.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 09:40 PM   #4
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhammadK View Post
If they’ve really limited these options to the M70, then I will be canceling my order for the i7 xDrive60 outright. However, there isn’t any mention of this option in the configurator, which leads me to believe that they’ve removed the option as a result of a shortage of supply.

I’ve contacted my SA to gain more information on the matter. Waiting is not an issue so long as I can have all the options I need in the xDrive 60. There is always the possibility that they’ve made these standard and exclusive to the M70 to drive M70 sales, but that’d be ridiculous seeing as they were available on the lesser models.
I fully agree. These options do significantly impact the quality of the overall driving experience of the car.

For what it’s worth, I spoke to an individual from BMW over the phone who called me specifically for feedback on the i7; he seemed knowledgeable and informed.
He also indicated that the removal of the ARS feature—and at the time the motor-assist doors too—were indeed because of supply chain shortages _and_ because they were stockpiling them for the M70 and future repairs.

The options however remain active on the Belgian i7x60 configurator.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 07:59 AM   #5
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

To my knowledge,these options,known as the Autobahn package in the U.S.were eliminated in July'22 before any deliveries in the U.S.However,apparently, they were included on cars at the U.S. press intro in Nov.'22.I had originally ordered the package and was disappointed when it was eliminated.I have one of the first cars delivered,
Nov 22,2022.The supply chain excuse is getting old!
Appreciate 0