BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-10-2020, 03:54 AM   #45
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorStrike View Post
Can BimmerCode make the ACP full screen?

I have ACP from the factory. But bugs me that it's split screen.
I tried it it's there look under module hu_nbt2 in expert mode !!! function value full screen CarPlay I believe it's line 3000 but once I coded it in all it did was make u lose the half screen it just turned the right side white and nothing else so had to revert back
      01-10-2020, 05:08 AM   #46
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
I tried it it's there look under module hu_nbt2 in expert mode !!! function value full screen CarPlay I believe it's line 3000 but once I coded it in all it did was make u lose the half screen it just turned the right side white and nothing else so had to revert back
Thanks, will leave it for now as to be honest I don't use it. Much prefer getting the information on the HUD.

Was more just a nice to have.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #47
kumaichi
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

BMWTechGeek got me dialed in even when I was having laptop issues, highly recommend, everything is working flawlessly. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #48
Bmwtechgeek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaichi View Post
BMWTechGeek got me dialed in even when I was having laptop issues, highly recommend, everything is working flawlessly. Thanks again!
Congrats on adding apple car play to your 7. Its a game changer!

Anyone else interested in adding acp to their 7 just let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 09:28 PM   #49
ProAktion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i

Garage List
2008 BMW / 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtechgeek View Post
Congrats on adding apple car play to your 7. Its a game changer!

Anyone else interested in adding acp to their 7 just let me know.
Old post but I would like to do this to my 216 7 series. build date 10/15. Can this be done?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 07:41 AM   #50
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

It was never successful on my 2016. The iDrive will keep rebooting every time I got it activated. I tried it twice and the end result was a $400 bill at the dealer to reprogram the unit. As much as I like the feature and using Google Maps, I wouldn't recommend it. My two cents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAktion View Post
Old post but I would like to do this to my 216 7 series. build date 10/15. Can this be done?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 11:08 AM   #51
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Yes it can be done. From my experience with iDrive 5 and 6 cars with CarPay, issues are really rare and no more than any other platform. My 2016 G11 has CarPlay and it works exactly as it should. Only issues I have had is that few times, Waze map has been black when being brought up to full screen. A quick reconnect of phone always helped. And this is an iOS issue, not iDrive.

In general the CarPlay integration has been done properly from the factory and it's not some aftermarket hack, so reliability is as good.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 01:16 PM   #52
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

So you are not experiencing any reboot issues and weird messages showing up on your iDrive?

I had mine done by two different people on this forum with the same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Yes it can be done. From my experience with iDrive 5 and 6 cars with CarPay, issues are really rare and no more than any other platform. My 2016 G11 has CarPlay and it works exactly as it should. Only issues I have had is that few times, Waze map has been black when being brought up to full screen. A quick reconnect of phone always helped. And this is an iOS issue, not iDrive.

In general the CarPlay integration has been done properly from the factory and it's not some aftermarket hack, so reliability is as good.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 02:14 PM   #53
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
So you are not experiencing any reboot issues and weird messages showing up on your iDrive?

I had mine done by two different people on this forum with the same problem...
No, I dont. I am not aware who or how did this CarPlay coding for you and that coding might as well be the issue. Why are you under an assumption that this feature is inherently faulty? It's not, and in 99,9% of cases it works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 02:59 PM   #54
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

I don't believe the coding is the issue, as I said two different guys in two different countries did the coding. What's the chances for both to have bad coding?

As to your assumption comment, I'm not under any assumptions, it was a reality to me and was an expensive one! The crap that was happening was mind boggling... Just to give you few examples, I would be driving and all of sudden I get a message on the iDrive that the driver or passenger seat is being adjusted when no one touch the seats for any adjustments. The screen would reboot 3, 4 and 5 times in less than 30 minutes. I don't believe the 2016 has the proper hardware to support ACP otherwise the dealer would've been the first to activate this feature at a cost. I remember before getting the two guys on this forum to activate it, I asked my dealer if they can do it and told them I'm willing to pay for the service but was advised that it cannot be done on my car. The reason I believe the 2016s don't have the proper hardware to support ACP, when BMW introduce ACP in the 2017s. model, they only offered it to run on half of the screen and not the full screen (most likely the processor cannot support the graphics and the processing of the data when using as an example Google maps or music etc.). So even the 2017s were not fully equipped to run ACP properly... I know there are people of this forum with 2017s that coded their cars to get the full screen but I'm not sure if they are experiencing any issues.

Now I pay BMW $120 a year to use the Traffic Info on the car map which ticks me off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
No, I dont. I am not aware who or how did this CarPlay coding for you and that coding might as well be the issue. Why are you under an assumption that this feature is inherently faulty? It's not, and in 99,9% of cases it works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 04:10 PM   #55
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I don't believe the coding is the issue, as I said two different guys in two different countries did the coding. What's the chances for both to have bad coding?

As to your assumption comment, I'm not under any assumptions, it was a reality to me and was an expensive one! The crap that was happening was mind boggling... Just to give you few examples, I would be driving and all of sudden I get a message on the iDrive that the driver or passenger seat is being adjusted when no one touch the seats for any adjustments. The screen would reboot 3, 4 and 5 times in less than 30 minutes. I don't believe the 2016 has the proper hardware to support ACP otherwise the dealer would've been the first to activate this feature at a cost. I remember before getting the two guys on this forum to activate it, I asked my dealer if they can do it and told them I'm willing to pay for the service but was advised that it cannot be done on my car. The reason I believe the 2016s don't have the proper hardware to support ACP, when BMW introduce ACP in the 2017s. model, they only offered it to run on half of the screen and not the full screen (most likely the processor cannot support the graphics and the processing of the data when using as an example Google maps or music etc.). So even the 2017s were not fully equipped to run ACP properly... I know there are people of this forum with 2017s that coded their cars to get the full screen but I'm not sure if they are experiencing any issues.

Now I pay BMW $120 a year to use the Traffic Info on the car map which ticks me off!!!
I see, thank you for your answer.

The kind of behavior that you experienced from CarPlay is indeed really bizarre. I have never seen anything like that. In fact, I have never seen anything but success on a pre 2017 BMW when enabling CarPlay. Then again, I have never seen anyone trying to code CarPlay by hand, only via FeatureInstaller. Every G11/12 that has rolled off the production line has hardware, software and FSC enabling certificate readiness for CarPlay. Why BMW decided not to enable it from the beginning of the production is beyond my knowledge.

Fullscreen CarPlay was probably not enabled from the factory so that you could still use BMW's split screen functionality. Making it full screen is just a matter of changing one value in coding options of head unit. The head unit of the car (HU-H2) doesn't care if CarPlay is being run in full or standard mode, because once you are in CarPlay menu, then your phone becomes the head unit and does all the image processing that is sent to the vehicle.

For my 2016 G11, full screen CarPlay works beautifully. That said, I prefer BMW's own navigation thanks to HUD integration and nifty route-ahead feature. I only use Waze via CarPlay if I need to navigate somewhere where there are very recent road layout changes to get the latest and most up to date navigation. Apple and Google Maps are sub par to BMW's navigation in my opinion.

Last edited by Raimo5; 03-08-2023 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      03-09-2023, 09:39 PM   #56
ProAktion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i

Garage List
2008 BMW / 335i  [0.00]
With all that being said, who do you all recommend to code this?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 09:51 AM   #57
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
With all that being said, who do you all recommend to code this?
What year car do you have? If it's post 2017 and can be done by dealer, then I would recommend that option just to keep things stock. It might even be available via ConnectedDrive store.

If dealer can't do it then you can google for "nbt evo carplay activation service" and there are many providers for this out there. I can recommend few via PM if you want as I have had good personal or third party experience with them in the past.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 10:09 AM   #58
Danyal.N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and BMW 7 Series

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i   [10.00]
My 2017 didn’t have CarPlay so I had to go into BMW ConnectedDrive’s Website and buy CarPlay for 300 bucks. After letting it install wirelessly and stuff (Took 15 minutes) I turned it on and used it. But sadly it’s not Fullscreen.
Attached Images

03-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #59
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal.N55 View Post
My 2017 didn’t have CarPlay so I had to go into BMW ConnectedDrive’s Website and buy CarPlay for 300 bucks. After letting it install wirelessly and stuff (Took 15 minutes) I turned it on and used it. But sadly it’s not Fullscreen.
You can enable full screen via coding if you have enet cable. Not sure but BimmerCode might also be able to do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 02:58 PM   #60
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Quote:
BimmerCode can fix this issue and you’ll have a full screen, do you have the app? Check it out!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 11:25 PM   #61
inque1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 740i

I have a 2016 and Carplay was successfully coded to my car. I have had no issues since the coding. I think you should reach out to a different coder.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 01:50 PM   #62
Kaotiktribe
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i-2019, VW Atlas-2021

Quote:
Bimmercode has a full screen option, but hit or miss if it works. On my 2019 it made the space solid white.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:52 PM   #63
henry89trd
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 740I & 2014 328i

I am new to bimmerpost. . I have a 2016 740i (I think its a g11). Anyway, i want to add apple carplay. Im so new I still cant use PM, Can any of you guys help me with that? Steer me in the right direction, is it even possible for my car? my email is henry89trd@gmail.com, I have all the typical questions, How much is it? Any special tools needed? Etc...

I hope I didnt ask to much, really hoping to hear back

Thanks in advanced
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 11:59 PM   #64
Sneeko
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G12 18'

Bmwtechgeek
Hello I’m looking to get full screen CarPlay , idrive update/firmware update , and maps update . Please let me know what can and cannot be done . Below shows current and vin .
Road Map NORTH AMERICA EVO 2017-4
NBTevo_V201531

Vin- WBA7F2C54JB238856
Appreciate 0