BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Over 180 people killed in anti government protests in Iran,

Quote:
Iran is experiencing its deadliest political unrest since the Islamic Revolution 40 years ago, with at least 180 people killed — and possibly hundreds more — as angry protests have been smothered in a government crackdown of unbridled force.

It began two weeks ago with an abrupt increase of at least 50 percent in gasoline prices. Within 72 hours, outraged demonstrators in cities large and small were calling for an end to the Islamic Republic’s government and the downfall of its leaders.

In many places, security forces responded by opening fire on unarmed protesters, largely unemployed or low-income young men between the ages of 19 and 26, according to witness accounts and videos. In the southwest city of Mahshahr alone, witnesses and medical personnel said, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps members surrounded, shot and killed 40 to 100 demonstrators — mostly unarmed young men — in a marsh where they had sought refuge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/01/w...ts-deaths.html
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Will libs say "Its trumps fault?"
Appreciate 2
unluky311.00
anglo40601.00

12-04-2019, 10:45 PM   #3
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Will libs say "Its trumps fault?"
They were appalled by the killing of one Terrorist supporter, Kashoggi by Saudi Arabia but quiet on Iran killing over 180 people asking for freedom.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
quick6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Its clearly an awful situation-the killing of the protesters. what do you think we should do?
Appreciate 2
minn196035.00

12-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
scootr
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 3.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
Its clearly an awful situation-the killing of the protesters. what do you think we should do?
We should do nothing. It's not our fight. It's our enemy's country.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49604.00
N54Yankee1691.00

12-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Let their citizens clean up their own shithole.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #7
pennsiveguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
We should do nothing. It's not our fight. It's our enemy's country.
Even if they weren't our enemy, it still wouldn't be something for us to get involved in. We should be gathering intel and keeping track of the major developments. That's it.
      12-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 CP

expect silence from the left and their propaganda machine, according to them iran's authoritarian government is liberating and especially empowering to women
      12-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #9
pennsiveguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
expect silence from the left and their propaganda machine, according to them iran's authoritarian government is liberating and especially empowering to women
The shittier things are abroad, the more refugees they'll bring here. Refugees and their children vote Democratic. It's just a means for the left to import votes.

Voter importation started with the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965. The left had lost the debate on collectivism vs. capitalism, so they switched tactics and started importing voters who have reliably leaned overwhelmingly Democratic.
      12-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #10
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
The Iranian govt has been underhandedly supplying our enemies with weapons to kill our troops over the past 20 years so we should wholeheartedly arm the protestors with small arms and give them any covert help we can well short of sending our troops getting in a shooting war with them. intel, battle plans, telling them where and how to attack their nuclear sites and such can benefit the rabble and the free civilized world as a whole.
The current Iranian regime needs to be toppled and letting their own people do it is preferred method. If the dissidents lose no big deal, many Iranians would be killed in the process which is a win, win either way.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #11
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The Iranian govt has been underhandedly supplying our enemies with weapons to kill our troops over the past 20 years so we should wholeheartedly arm the protestors with small arms and give them any covert help we can well short of sending our troops getting in a shooting war with them. intel, battle plans, telling them where and how to attack their nuclear sites and such can benefit the rabble and the free civilized world as a whole.
The current Iranian regime needs to be toppled and letting their own people do it is preferred method. If the dissidents lose no big deal, many Iranians would be killed in the process which is a win, win either way.
Pretty sure the U.S., the Saudis, and the Israelis tried this, hence people being killed on the street time and time again. It would be impossible for us to arm them without going in, all we can do is give them reason to protest, that is why it keeps failing.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:17 PM   #12
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Pretty sure the U.S., the Saudis, and the Israelis tried this, hence people being killed on the street time and time again. It would be impossible for us to arm them without going in, all we can do is give them reason to protest, that is why it keeps failing.
We’ve covertly been doing this with many countries for decades without having to get boots on the ground and even with Iran itself as well, in the early 50’s to keep the shah in power and Soviets out. We even helped Iraq v Iran in the late 70’s to kill each other. The enemy of my enemy applies here. Both countries would be quite more powerful and dangerous then they are presently. It didn't topple the regime but a shit load of bad guys were croaked and are no longer a threat to the west, it hurt their military stockpiles and slowed the roll of them getting nukes. We even gave Israel help in bombing the Iraqi nuclear reactor which would contain highly fissionable U-235 soon before it was do to go on line. It worked in some and failed in others, obviously.
There are lot more instances of the US shifting other countries governments that we will never know about all without American troops getting bloody.
Me, I call Iranians killing Iranians a good thing no matter what, as long as were not going in.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 12-09-2019 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:45 AM   #13
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Way more ppl die here in a day! All these shady shady warmongers come with weak excuses to try to start wars with Iran. And the war is for whose benefit again? Oh yea that's right... lol

Anyways we all know this is a lost argument, stick to your usual tactic of doing a false flag attack to start your war

Same shady ppl who talk all this tough talk are totally silent about Saudi Arabia guy who attacked soldiers in such a horrible way. I guess that's ok since Saudi Arabia is on your side? Truly disgusting shady ppl
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 04:52 AM   #14
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Way more ppl die here in a day! All these shady shady warmongers come with weak excuses to try to start wars with Iran. And the war is for whose benefit again? Oh yea that's right... lol

Anyways we all know this is a lost argument, stick to your usual tactic of doing a false flag attack to start your war

Same shady ppl who talk all this tough talk are totally silent about Saudi Arabia guy who attacked soldiers in such a horrible way. I guess that's ok since Saudi Arabia is on your side? Truly disgusting shady ppl
More than one thing can be true at same time

Whataboutisms gets the discussion nowhere
      12-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #15
pennsiveguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We’ve covertly been doing this with many countries for decades without having to get boots on the ground and even with Iran itself as well, in the early 50’s to keep the shah in power and Soviets out. We even helped Iraq v Iran in the late 70’s to kill each other. The enemy of my enemy applies here. Both countries would be quite more powerful and dangerous then they are presently. It didn't topple the regime but a shit load of bad guys were croaked and are no longer a threat to the west, it hurt their military stockpiles and slowed the roll of them getting nukes. We even gave Israel help in bombing the Iraqi nuclear reactor which would contain highly fissionable U-235 soon before it was do to go on line. It worked in some and failed in others, obviously.
There are lot more instances of the US shifting other countries governments that we will never no about all without American troops getting bloody.
Me, I call Iranians killing Iranians a good thing no matter what, as long as were not going in.
I think the unspoken policy goal in the Middle East shifted at some point, from achieving peace and stability, to maintaining an "optimal" amount of instability. The doomsday scenario being, all the Islamic nations of the ME settle their differences and form an effective coalition that would make NATO look like a Girl Scout troop. They'd be a formidable foe. Perpetual pot-stirring on the part of the US prevents such a coalition from forming.

Just my personal theory.
1 AKY309.50

12-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #16
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I think the unspoken policy goal in the Middle East shifted at some point, from achieving peace and stability, to maintaining an "optimal" amount of instability. The doomsday scenario being, all the Islamic nations of the ME settle their differences and form an effective coalition that would make NATO look like a Girl Scout troop. They'd be a formidable foe. Perpetual pot-stirring on the part of the US prevents such a coalition from forming.

Just my personal theory.
Agree 100%, what we’ve learned over the years in the region boils down to the enemy you know.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #17
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
We've covertly been doing this with many countries for decades without having to get boots on the ground and even with Iran itself as well, in the early 50's to keep the shah in power and Soviets out. We even helped Iraq v Iran in the late 70's to kill each other. The enemy of my enemy applies here. Both countries would be quite more powerful and dangerous then they are presently. It didn't topple the regime but a shit load of bad guys were croaked and are no longer a threat to the west, it hurt their military stockpiles and slowed the roll of them getting nukes. We even gave Israel help in bombing the Iraqi nuclear reactor which would contain highly fissionable U-235 soon before it was do to go on line. It worked in some and failed in others, obviously.
There are lot more instances of the US shifting other countries governments that we will never no about all without American troops getting bloody.

Just my personal theory.
Except that was not our policy for so long. It only became our policy recently. It is actually a very un American policy and was forced on us by shady politicians who will do anything to get money.

And look you can guess what the policy doesn't work at all!

We lost so much money and troops on this policy and have so much hate and anger in our country now. Who benefits from from this policy? Not us.

Just look at all the ppl on this forum and shady characters in media who over and over always wants to support a war in Iran and see what's common thing about them lol

This crazy policy is very un American. American policies always work! This one doesn't work. All it did accomplish is to suck us dry financially and morally
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #18
1 AKY
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

Quote:

Just my personal theory.
Works for Israel....pulling the strings.
Appreciate 0