BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #23
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

I don’t think it is worth it and definitely not if you have HUD as you’ll use the directions. I use it min my wife’s Golf R as the standard map isn’t great and doesn’t have live traffic, so waze or google maps is better, but it’s a bit basic after using the Professional Nav. You can connect to Spotify wirelessly is the 7 as well, so no real benefit in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #24
Mr.750
Registered
Rep
Drives: G11

Hey guys. I'm interested in getting ACP added to my car. For those who have had this done, was it successful? Any issues?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #25
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.750 View Post
Hey guys. I'm interested in getting ACP added to my car. For those who have had this done, was it successful? Any issues?

Thanks
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25426501
      11-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #26
Bmwtechgeek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Quote:

Thanks
It works really well. I will send you a PM with more info.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #27
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

I got my 2016 programmed with Apple CarPlay, every time I connect it, the iDrive goes nuts, I'm experiencing all kinds of problems: system reboots constantly, gesture controls are activated by itself, showing seat adjustments on the display even though I'm not adjusting anything, while listening to music the sound goes really low even if I turn the turner all the way to the max, the BT charging unit would start charging the phone then all of sudden it stops and the list goes on.... The minute I delete the phone and set it back without CarPlay everything runs flawlessly with zero errors! I am really surprised when I read that members on this board are NOT experiencing any issues...It's mind boggling....

By-the-way, the dealer updated my firmware to the latest version before I got CarPlay, so that should not be an excuse.... As far as I'm concerned, it was a waste $$$. The main reason I wanted the CarPlay was for Google maps and Waze as I use it for my long commute to work everyday and I rely heavily on the real-time traffic info. I think I'm going to pay BMW Connect the $200 annually to activate real-time traffic data and forget about CarPlay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
Depends on when ur car was made if it's a early build like before July u have to get it coded in. The equipment is all there just not activated but if it's a later build after July You gotta go threw connected drive set up a account if u don't already have one and pay for it !!

Last edited by Moopai; 11-19-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I got my 2016 programmed with Apple CarPlay, every time I connect it, the iDrive goes nuts, I'm experiencing all kinds of problems: system reboots constantly, gesture controls are activated by itself, showing seat adjustments on the display even though I'm not adjusting anything, while listening to music the sound goes really low even if I turn the turner all the way to the max, the BT charging unit would start charging the phone then all of sudden it stops and the list goes on.... The minute I delete the phone and set it back without CarPlay everything runs flawlessly with zero errors! I am really surprised when I read that members on this board are NOT experiencing any issues...It's mind boggling....

By-the-way, the dealer updated my firmware to the latest version before I got CarPlay, so that should not be an excuse.... As far as I'm concerned, it was a waste $$$. The main reason I wanted the CarPlay was for Google maps and Waze as I use it for my long commute to work everyday and I rely heavily on the real-time traffic info. I think I'm going to pay BMW Connect the $200 annually to activate real-time traffic data and forget about CarPlay...

Quote:
Depends on when ur car was made if it's a early build like before July u have to get it coded in. The equipment is all there just not activated but if it's a later build after July You gotta go threw connected drive set up a account if u don't already have one and pay for it !!
Oh wow as I can recall only issue I've had was it rebooted once since I've had it that was it knock on wood !! But question have u contacted the company u got the software from ? And what did they say they should at least offer to maybe try to reinstall it that might help and of course the obvious next thing is ur phone up to date with latest software? And how does it work if u tried it not wireless but connected via usb ?
      11-20-2019, 12:43 AM   #29
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

My Apple Car Play is a factory option, so have not messed around with coding or anything else, and it worked flawlessly until Apple released iOS 13. I had some serious issues at that point where neither ACP or Bluetooth connectivity were reliable, and gave me all sorts of issues. At some point, ACP was not even visible!

Had numerous conversations with the BMW Genius at my dealer, including deleting and re-pairing, without success.

I am now running 13.2, have deleted the phone, hard reset the phone, re-paired with the car and all is now working, however I had to reset all the permissions in the connected app on the phone to get the contacts to sync. So, I think my issues stemmed from the update from iOS 12 to iOS 13.
      11-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #30
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

I did contact the person that did the programming, his response was no one complained about the issues I'm complaining about :-). When I asked him if re-installing might fix the issue, he advised it shouldn't make a difference, yet as I mentioned earlier, when I delete the phone and reset it with the car without the CarPlay option I have ZERO issues. Regarding your question on the phone firmware, as an engineer I'm always updating my devices to the latest updates as I understand how important it is. Like I said, it's mind boggling...

Quote:
Oh wow as I can recall only issue I've had was it rebooted once since I've had it that was it knock on wood !! But question have u contacted the company u got the software from ? And what did they say they should at least offer to maybe try to reinstall it that might help and of course the obvious next thing is ur phone up to date with latest software? And how does it work if u tried it not wireless but connected via usb ?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #31
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did contact the person that did the programming, his response was no one complained about the issues I'm complaining about :-). When I asked him if re-installing might fix the issue, he advised it shouldn't make a difference, yet as I mentioned earlier, when I delete the phone and reset it with the car without the CarPlay option I have ZERO issues. Regarding your question on the phone firmware, as an engineer I'm always updating my devices to the latest updates as I understand how important it is. Like I said, it's mind boggling...

Quote:
Indeed it is but just my inquisitive mind here have u tried using ur phone connected with usb to activate CarPlay instead of wirelessly not trying to bombard u with questions and things of that nature just really curious like I stated earlier because not tryin to put them on front street so to speak but mine was done by Beemer tech mine has only rebooted once and been flawless since that one reboot and on a side note I did have that issue with my seat coming up on the screen out of nowhere but after further investigating it was three things one!! those seat sensors are extremely sensitive two!! if ur sitting in a manor that ur on the edge of the seat the sensors might pick it up because u can swipe ur hand by it without touching it and it comes up that's how sensitive they are three!! My issue was which me not realizing it at the time smh was I wear my keys on my belt loop and when I sat in my seat they were in proximity of the controls which like I stated earlier is super sensitive it picked up my keys thus making it come up on the screen not saying any of that is ur issue just sharing mine and how a simple thing had me stressed and irritated and it turned out to be something very simple
      11-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #32
STR3T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 sDrive30i

mid-year+ 2016's, while able to get CarPlay activated, were not authorized by BMW for CP, correct? I have one and got it done by a 3rd party. I too had re-boot issues, notably within the first month or so of the update. I'd say I had between 14-18 re-boots, almost all within the first month. When it re-booted, it often would re-boot again almost immediately, sometimes 3x in a row. Luckily, that has stopped in my car, think I've had 1 x in the past 2-3 months now. And I use CP daily.

My new issues, think after iOS13 install...is that sometimes it doesn't activate CP on my phone. I've noticed that if my kid or wife's phone is activated first, it doesn't work. And going into menu on my phone and trying to start CP doesn't work either...unless I turn off BT and WiFi just prior to attempting this.

I'd say 80% of the time, it finds my phone and CP just fine...but this is a minor new annoyance with it.

Again, I think this stems from a 3rd party install on a car that was really not designed out of the gate for CP use by BMW. So I'm not surprised some of the 2016's have issues. If I had the constant issue that Moopai has had, I would simply delete the install and move on with life.

But I do use CP, primarily for WAZE (full screen) and I love it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #33
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

That's exactly why I want it, for Google Maps and Waze but since this is not working, I will go ahead and the buy the service from BMW ConnectDrive for realtime traffic info. You got to love BMW, on the ConnectDrive website, it states the cost for realtime traffic update is $75 but to get this feature, you have to buy the weather feature were now the total cost is $200 per year!

I wish this CarPlay thing would work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR3T View Post
mid-year+ 2016's, while able to get CarPlay activated, were not authorized by BMW for CP, correct? I have one and got it done by a 3rd party. I too had re-boot issues, notably within the first month or so of the update. I'd say I had between 14-18 re-boots, almost all within the first month. When it re-booted, it often would re-boot again almost immediately, sometimes 3x in a row. Luckily, that has stopped in my car, think I've had 1 x in the past 2-3 months now. And I use CP daily.

My new issues, think after iOS13 install...is that sometimes it doesn't activate CP on my phone. I've noticed that if my kid or wife's phone is activated first, it doesn't work. And going into menu on my phone and trying to start CP doesn't work either...unless I turn off BT and WiFi just prior to attempting this.

I'd say 80% of the time, it finds my phone and CP just fine...but this is a minor new annoyance with it.

Again, I think this stems from a 3rd party install on a car that was really not designed out of the gate for CP use by BMW. So I'm not surprised some of the 2016's have issues. If I had the constant issue that Moopai has had, I would simply delete the install and move on with life.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #34
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's exactly why I want it, for Google Maps and Waze but since this is not working, I will go ahead and the buy the service from BMW ConnectDrive for realtime traffic info. You got to love BMW, on the ConnectDrive website, it states the cost for realtime traffic update is $75 but to get this feature, you have to buy the weather feature were now the total cost is $200 per year!

I wish this CarPlay thing would work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR3T View Post

I'm not to sure about the when CarPlay became active what I do know is my18 750 came with it but my wife's my16 740 which was built in late 15 and that's the car I'm referring to that I had CarPlay coded in so apparently the tech was there from the beginning so I'm at a loss with when it was supposedly activated by bmw
      12-02-2019, 01:11 AM   #35
adishsoni
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 730LD

i want to code for full screen carplay in my bmw
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #36
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishsoni View Post
Apparently BMW will stop charging people to use CarPlay now. Finally.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/12/04/bmw-w...-in-some-cars/
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #37
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrispy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adishsoni View Post
Apparently BMW will stop charging people to use CarPlay now. Finally.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/12/04/bmw-w...-in-some-cars/
My 2016 750i says that CarPlay isn't even available anyhow. Can anyone confirm that? It has a production date of 3/21/16
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #38
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

Quote:
My 2016 750i says that CarPlay isn't even available anyhow. Can anyone confirm that? It has a production date of 3/21/16
ACP, even FS, can be coded (by some people on this forum) as long as your ID software is updated to fall 2016 or later (which may require a trip to the dealer).
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #39
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
Quote:
ACP, even FS, can be coded (by some people on this forum) as long as your ID software is updated to fall 2016 or later (which may require a trip to the dealer).
Here's my versions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #40
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

Quote:
Here's my versions.
that's the same version as mine, so yes, full-screen ACP is doable.

email warpeddriveservices@gmail.com or PM Almaretto on the forum

you will need E-sys cable (about $20 on Amazon) and a laptop
Appreciate 1
pcrispy17.00
      12-06-2019, 05:24 AM   #41
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
Quote:
Here's my versions.
that's the same version as mine, so yes, full-screen ACP is doable.

email warpeddriveservices@gmail.com or PM Almaretto on the forum

you will need E-sys cable (about $20 on Amazon) and a laptop
Thanks. I reached out, process seems easy and the pricing seems pretty fair.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:23 AM   #42
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

CarPlay on '16 750

I ended up getting Fullscreen CarPlay coded from:

https://oemnavigation.ga

The process was super simple once I had a Windows computer solution. The only Windows computer that I had that would work (all Mac otherwise) was a Win10 desktop inside. I ran a 75' Cat6 cable out to the garage from the router, used a Cat6 coupler to my ODB cable, and it worked perfect. Install took maybe 7-8 minutes, and works exactly as expected.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 10:50 PM   #43
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

Search for my comments on this subject. It's a nightmare of errors and issues. My warranty almost got voided because of this stupid software. Personally I would not recommended especially if you still have original/CPO warranty on the vehicle.

My two cents!

Quote:

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:20 AM   #44
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

Can BimmerCode make the ACP full screen?

I have ACP from the factory. But bugs me that it's split screen.
Appreciate 0