BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
GaryTheGolfer
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F02 BMW 740Li SE

High Current drain/Comfort Access on 2013 F02 740Li

I am having high current drain issues: eg "Battery discharging while stationary". Battery is OK after car goes to sleep mode but 14 to >20Amp before sleep mode. Battery tested OK and voltage OK if doors are locked (early sleep mode?). Alternator charges battery OK. Lots of battery drain errors but I have been unable to identify the root cause.

Comfort Access [CA]/faulty door lock is suspected. Does anyone know which fuse(s) I have to pull to disable CA. I can't understand the pictograms for fuse locations that I find online.

Short of pulling all (60?) fuses from both fuse panels one by one, does anyone know a short cut to finding this high drain cause?

If I leave the car in my garage overnight (with the doors unlocked), this high drain means CA doesn't work, the battery voltage droops to 12 volts or less and I have to put the key fob to the steering column to start the car. [I think a healthy charged battery should sit at 12.5-12.8v] It seems to be a genuine fault heavy load draining the battery. Perhaps the car doesn't really enter sleep mode. Lots of systems (like CA) get cut off (by the IBS?) so that the battery retains enough power to still start the car.

Any ideas or fuse information please?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
Sprattsey17
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 750i xdrive

Did u ever figure this out? My car does the same. Pain in the a$$
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
Sprattsey17
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 750i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTheGolfer View Post
I am having high current drain issues: eg "Battery discharging while stationary". Battery is OK after car goes to sleep mode but 14 to >20Amp before sleep mode. Battery tested OK and voltage OK if doors are locked (early sleep mode?). Alternator charges battery OK. Lots of battery drain errors but I have been unable to identify the root cause.

Comfort Access [CA]/faulty door lock is suspected. Does anyone know which fuse(s) I have to pull to disable CA. I can't understand the pictograms for fuse locations that I find online.

Short of pulling all (60?) fuses from both fuse panels one by one, does anyone know a short cut to finding this high drain cause?

If I leave the car in my garage overnight (with the doors unlocked), this high drain means CA doesn't work, the battery voltage droops to 12 volts or less and I have to put the key fob to the steering column to start the car. [I think a healthy charged battery should sit at 12.5-12.8v] It seems to be a genuine fault heavy load draining the battery. Perhaps the car doesn't really enter sleep mode. Lots of systems (like CA) get cut off (by the IBS?) so that the battery retains enough power to still start the car.

Any ideas or fuse information please?
No idea about fuses but I just corrected my battery drain issue yesterday!!! Turns out the cigarette lighter in the front dash was slightly depressed. I don't use it so it just sat there constantly draining. Pulled it out and BOOM.....immediately no more battery drain. This has been going on for 6 months for me!!!! Hopefully U get lucky and find something similar.
Appreciate 0