BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-13-2023, 04:06 AM   #1
MorganSA
Rep
Drives: 2017 G12 M760Li

New to 7

Hi all

I've transferred across from the M6 forums. Not a regular user but do keep an eye on the forums from time to time, always great seeing the different cars and experiences from around the global village.

I am in South Africa, recently purchased a 2017 G12 M760li in Frozen Arctic Grey. Traded up from an F06 M6 Gran Coupe, which was a brilliant car. However, I've had issues with the S63 engine before and as my maintenance plan was coming to an end, decided I'd trade up for luxury over performance.

Have to say I am completely smitten, what a car the 760 is. Completely different animal to the M6. Am loving it. Hasn't been without some teething problems though. Two days after receiving it I had to send it back to BMW to get the cooling system overhauled (which included a new radiator, new coolant lines and some other bits and pieces), and since having it back, have had multiple drivetrain malfunction errors (which, after some diagnostics and code research, turns out to be a battery problem). But still covered by BMW maintenance and warranty so will get that sorted out soonest (sticking it on my CTEK charger tonight to see if the issues persist).

Overall, amazing car, an absolute pleasure to drive, so comfortable and refined, quiet, glides across the road, very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited by MorganSA; 09-13-2023 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: Pics not displaying
Appreciate 1
TFERG30.50
      10-03-2023, 10:27 PM   #2
Caveno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750

Yes, the mild hybrid battery needs to be replaced after a few years. I replaced mine at the 5 year mark I believe.

The battery is very important, as it is required for power steering and other important functions with the efficient dynamics system.

Congratulations! I’m a big fan of the 7. I just traded my 750 in for a 24 760 and wowsers!
Appreciate 0