BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-24-2024, 09:58 AM   #1
JParsonss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 7 Series 760i

Garage List
System Glitch

Well, I had my first glitch yesterday. I was driving and the screen just reset itself went dark a couple times and then came back on. At first I just thought it might have been some sort of upgrade and ignored it although I did not see any changes.

However, later when I went to back up the reverse camera did not come on. Then I figured out none of the cameras would come up. I ended up calling BMW Assist and they recommend holding down the volume button for 60 seconds to reset the system. I did that and it fixed everything. Just sharing because I did not know about holding down the volume button to reset the system. I also did not lose any of my presets when I did that.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 08:00 AM   #2
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
I've had those glitches when my car was over the summer and the dealer updated software twice. I've not seen any glitches since the 11/2023.xx updates. But holding the volume button is pretty well known within the community to hard reset idrive.