BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #1
simple_username
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 750i m-sport

Anyone with Experience Installing these? Replacing my chrome ones!

Would really love some advice on how to go about removing my chrome pieces and replacing them with these. Maybe it's best left to the dealer? Thanks for any advice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 12:30 AM   #2
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

No experience, but try this

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...rip/1VnYOlwGEJ
      09-25-2020, 12:35 AM   #3
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just noticed that LCI process is slightly different to above, which is for G11/12 pre-LCI

LCI process as follows

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...rip/1Vne82mBjt
      09-25-2020, 12:38 AM   #4
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Given that they are held with adhesive, and the risk of damage, have you thought about having the chrome wrapped in black - others on here have done that and posted guide information
      05-01-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
Googsy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 740E

I actually replaced mine recently , just for future if anyone’s reading the central strip is held with clips so starting at one end of the strip it can be simply pulled to get it off the car. The trim on the light cluster are held on with adhesive and can be easily leveraged off with a trim tool whilst taking your time. Hope that helps I sought this info before doing mine but had to learn by doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 09:35 PM   #6
zoomzoom22
Rep
Drives: BMW 19 G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googsy View Post
I actually replaced mine recently , just for future if anyone’s reading the central strip is held with clips so starting at one end of the strip it can be simply pulled to get it off the car. The trim on the light cluster are held on with adhesive and can be easily leveraged off with a trim tool whilst taking your time. Hope that helps I sought this info before doing mine but had to learn by doing.
I just replaced mine as well with the $150 black trim. I used fishing line and worked it back and forth behind the left hand piece and right hand piece.

The middle trim as mentioned, it held on with clips AND approx 1 inch of adhesive on either side about 4 or 5 inches in toward the middle. Do the fishing line first to crack thru the adhesive on the middle strip and then with patience start on one and and work the trim out and the clips will pop out toward you.

The replacement ones:

Put the center piece in first (you will have to pull the backer off the small adhesive pieces I mentioned above) which the location can guide you for the removal of the piece you have already installed you are going to remove.

Anyway, replace the center piece first because you really need it installed to line up the far left and far right pieces that are only held on with adhesive. Clean your tail lights really well before you put the new ones on and get all the old adhesive off and any residue.

Line up each piece with the right gap and press on.

Mine looks fantastic with the new black trim against my white car. I also wrapped the small rear reflectors, the front bumper side reflectors and the small chrome strip on all 4 door handles.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #7
shadetree303
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom22 View Post
I just replaced mine as well with the $150 black trim. I used fishing line and worked it back and forth behind the left hand piece and right hand piece.

The middle trim as mentioned, it held on with clips AND approx 1 inch of adhesive on either side about 4 or 5 inches in toward the middle. Do the fishing line first to crack thru the adhesive on the middle strip and then with patience start on one and and work the trim out and the clips will pop out toward you.

The replacement ones:

Put the center piece in first (you will have to pull the backer off the small adhesive pieces I mentioned above) which the location can guide you for the removal of the piece you have already installed you are going to remove.

Anyway, replace the center piece first because you really need it installed to line up the far left and far right pieces that are only held on with adhesive. Clean your tail lights really well before you put the new ones on and get all the old adhesive off and any residue.

Mine looks fantastic with the new black trim against my white car. I also wrapped the small rear reflectors, the front bumper side reflectors and the small chrome strip on all 4 door handles.

Can you provide a link or part number for the 3 trim pieces? I would like to do this on my 750 as well. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #8
theechassis
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree303 View Post
Quote:

The replacement ones:

Can you provide a link or part number for the 3 trim pieces? I would like to do this on my 750 as well. Thanks.
Quote:
Quote:

The replacement ones:

I just listed this for sale in the classifieds. $125 shipped if interested. Brand new in box never removed from packaging.

Sold my 7 last week, never got around to installing it.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 04:33 AM   #9
theechassis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANG12Y View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The replacement ones:

Quote:
Quote:

The replacement ones:

I just listed this for sale in the classifieds. $125 shipped if interested. Brand new in box never removed from packaging.

Thank you
Bump
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
theechassis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The replacement ones:

Quote:
Quote:

The replacement ones:

Thank you
Bump
Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #11
lexamckenzie
Rep
Drives: Gray Honda Civiv Hatchback

How did the replacement go? I'm okay with keeping the chrome accent on my car.
Appreciate 0