BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #67
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

I attended the Philadelphia and Washington DC and received the code for both. The Autocross wasn't as fun as New York last year because of Covid. The test drives were incredible.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 09:39 PM   #68
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Did I read that right? An X3M getting 100+mpgs?

And yes, these events should be free. They are marketing events meant to introduce and build brand loyalty. Some companies run print and TV ads, BMW focuses (at least used to, maybe they still do) on the driving experience, which they put up these events. I say this is money better spent. They used to be a whole lot better where it truly was a showcase of their total lineup. Sounds like either they've scaled it down quite a bit due to COVID or these things are on their way out.
Just last year in the Arcadia/Pasadena location the event was above and beyond. They had nearly every single one of their vehicles on display and another entire set available for test drive. They had autocross as well and a drag race area for the 850 coupe. It was like an amusement park for adults lol. I don't know if the event in San Diego the other day was scaled down due to Covid, budgetary issues, or simply because SD is a small market.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #69
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
I attended UDE at MetLife NJ in August and received $1,000 OL code by e-mail the following day. "We hope you enjoyed BMW's UDE" was the e-mail subject line.

I'm not using the code, PM me if needed.

Will also be attending UDE at Citi Field on Oct 30, assume I will get another code then.

I PM'd you - thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #70
c0bra
Commander ;)
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
I attended UDE at MetLife NJ in August and received $1,000 OL code by e-mail the following day. "We hope you enjoyed BMW's UDE" was the e-mail subject line.

I'm not using the code, PM me if needed.

Will also be attending UDE at Citi Field on Oct 30, assume I will get another code then.

I PM'd you - thank you!
Replied to PM. Good luck with purchase!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #71
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Just last year in the Arcadia/Pasadena location the event was above and beyond. They had nearly every single one of their vehicles on display and another entire set available for test drive. They had autocross as well and a drag race area for the 850 coupe. It was like an amusement park for adults lol. I don't know if the event in San Diego the other day was scaled down due to Covid, budgetary issues, or simply because SD is a small market.
I just came across this thread. I attended both the event last year in Arcadia/Pasadena and the one in San Diego last weekend. Indeed the one last year was of a much larger scale, and i enjoyed the autocross since the laps were timed (I won my session and they said I had the fastest time of the event and I was on the 2nd to last day on the 2nd weekend ). However, the one in SD, albeit much smaller scale, gave a lot more seat time. I recall maybe 4 laps total for the one last year - a standing start, one flying lap, stop. Then repeat that later.

At the event in SD there were 5+ laps in each car - the same M340i as last year, and the new 2 series gran coupe xdrive. More laps and trying two different cars was a nice touch. I didn't get a chance to do the test drives in SD, but it didnt seem they had the full suite of cars.

I am also signed up for the one in Anaheim in two days, which i think will fall somewhere in the middle of those two in terms of scale. Overall good events for the price of FREE.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      10-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #72
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I just came across this thread. I attended both the event last year in Arcadia/Pasadena and the one in San Diego last weekend. Indeed the one last year was of a much larger scale, and i enjoyed the autocross since the laps were timed (I won my session and they said I had the fastest time of the event and I was on the 2nd to last day on the 2nd weekend ). However, the one in SD, albeit much smaller scale, gave a lot more seat time. I recall maybe 4 laps total for the one last year - a standing start, one flying lap, stop. Then repeat that later.

At the event in SD there were 5+ laps in each car - the same M340i as last year, and the new 2 series gran coupe xdrive. More laps and trying two different cars was a nice touch. I didn't get a chance to do the test drives in SD, but it didnt seem they had the full suite of cars.

I am also signed up for the one in Anaheim in two days, which i think will fall somewhere in the middle of those two in terms of scale. Overall good events for the price of FREE.
Let me know how the Anaheim one is compared to SD. I was supposed to go today but got called into work. If they actually have good cars to test drive like the M2, M3/4 then I'll sign up.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 09:13 PM   #73
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Let me know how the Anaheim one is compared to SD. I was supposed to go today but got called into work. If they actually have good cars to test drive like the M2, M3/4 then I'll sign up.
Just finished the anaheim one. I think the only M car they had was a X5M competition. No M3/4/5/8. They did have some other cool cars on the test drive, like 850ix, and roadster, etc, but the wait was so long i just took a X550iM xdrive so i didnt miss my autocross.

The autocross itself was pretty good, nice spacious track compared to SD. Track length was probably 2-3x the SD one, you could actually get into 3rd gear. As a result, fewer laps. 3 laps total each car - standing start and 2 flying laps.

Overall a nice event and worth it if you have time. Expect long waitlists for test drives on the popular cars. Test drives close at 5:30
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      10-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #74
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Just finished the anaheim one. I think the only M car they had was a X5M competition. No M3/4/5/8. They did have some other cool cars on the test drive, like 850ix, and roadster, etc, but the wait was so long i just took a X550iM xdrive so i didnt miss my autocross.

The autocross itself was pretty good, nice spacious track compared to SD. Track length was probably 2-3x the SD one, you could actually get into 3rd gear. As a result, fewer laps. 3 laps total each car - standing start and 2 flying laps.

Overall a nice event and worth it if you have time. Expect long waitlists for test drives on the popular cars. Test drives close at 5:30
Thanks for your input. Disappointing to hear about the test drives but the larger autocross sounds worth it.
Appreciate 0