BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-30-2023, 02:25 PM   #1
Beau2424
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW Alpina B7 x-drive G12

help! reduced driver assistance error codes!

Update: took it to BMW dealership and they replaced the front lower lip . They had it for 4 weeks and recalibrated the front sensor bracket and said it fixed it. Picked it up yesterday... wife took it on highway today and all the same errors and warnings popped up again🤬🤬🤬🤦🏼‍♂️

Got my 2018 Alpina B7 delivered from California yesterday here to Texas. beautiful..

Had a warranty pre inspection done at the dealership before I bought it. Nothing showed up as negative besides a little corner bumper crack and just your typical nick here and there. It's 5 years old so was expected.

here is the issue:

On the highway driving back, I went to use the cruise control, and as soon as I hit one of the buttons on steering wheel, trying to figure out exactly which one to use, nothing seemed to work, nothing came on, and THEN BAM, my dash lit up like a Christmas tree with 7 warnings etc . WTF?! couldn't use any of them..

I pulled over and stopped the car and turned off for a min, got back in and started it back up, and all warnings came back?!?

I purchased an extended warranty last night, not thru the dealership, but privately.. that has a 30 day/1000 mile window before I can use it🤬🤬🤬

I haven't put 55 miles on this car and this already happened.. car has 32,950 miles .

Anyone experience this? Solution to fix?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 05:01 PM   #2
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

How is the battery? I have seen Christmas tree lights for no reason when battery has been duff. Seen this on Jags and VW’s, so may be something to discount first.

Battery needs to read >12.6v after any residual charge has been removed.
      11-03-2023, 10:24 PM   #3
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

I've seen this happen with defective side radars. I recall also hearing about same symptoms where steering wheel vibration motor died. Only way to know is to scan the trouble codes.
Appreciate 0