BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-03-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M SPORT 6M

No navigation in HUD

Hi,

Just purchased a 2016 740i RWD, car has Digital Dash and HUD, I've just noticed that the navigation directions do not show up on either of them, can't fine it anywhere in the settings either, is it possible the previous owner coded it out. It's definitely on the car, all Australian 740i's in 2016 had it as standard and its even showing in the HUD "Sample" shot on the drive.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 04:54 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

HUD navigation displays require it to be checked off in SETTINGS for the HUD. You have a list of things that can appear.

Nav directions should also appear in the iDrive display and can be heard if you activate voice...and if you've input a navigation destination. If you don't have a destination entered...if you want to see the map of where you're driving, then you have to select NAV (the button next to the iDrive controller)...and a map should appear on the iDrive screen.

There are selections along the side of the nav map (if you're using the BMW integrated map) that allows you to make all kinds of selections.

There's an owners manual embedded in iDrive...You can open that to get more help with how to use the features in your car. You can also quickly go to the owners manual on a specific topic if you press the OPTION button when you have something up on the iDrive screen. There should be a direct selection to the page in the embedded owners manual on that topic.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-04-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M SPORT 6M

image to clarify

Everything you've said I know already, the issue I have is that there is no option for navigation to be on the hud, I also don't get navigation on the 6wb digital cluster. The hud I have is full capable of displaying the navigation info as it's even showing it on the "sample image" in the setting, but doesn't give me the option for navigation directions. I've attached an image to clarify what's missing. (that part of the screen I've circled now only shows audio and apple CarPlay info when I toggle the steering wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0